/rym/ Rateyourmusic / Sonemic

The Best Damn Music Discussion Board That Can Be Found Online Edition

Post profiles, discuss music, make friends, rec each other music, be nice to each other, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06Hcz-wPz44
rateyourmusic.com/~78787878
rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_
rateyourmusic.com/~ricebeansandegg
rateyourmusic.com/~cosmictones
rateyourmusic.com/~yoyoyoHoward
rateyourmusic.com/~Myskinn
rateyourmusic.com/~SolidGoldTooth
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/the_beast_666/
patreon.com/pattyhimmler
rateyourmusic.com/~Hotel_Trivago
rateyourmusic.com/~gugaacdc
rateyourmusic.com/~BAYAR
rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray
rateyourmusic.com/~todestrieb
rateyourmusic.com/~Nacre
rateyourmusic.com/~azidunz
rateyourmusic.com/~riceshoes
rateyourmusic.com/~wa1demar
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/for_segregationists_only/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=06Hcz-wPz44

>sonemic

~boldfaure

reminder that a videogame cover album is in the Top10 for classical music for 2017 currently

red pill me on how a curry jew is allowed to get away with grand theft

why do you care about the charts lol

Do you think this is one of the 10 best classical releases so far this year

tfw all of my reviews are unpublished

is that a cello or an elephant syringe

rateyourmusic.com/~78787878

it is ridiculous to me just how many rymers have garbage taste

hey ethan, how's life

take a guess

rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_

goodnight

there haven't even been 10 good classical releases this year, or last year, or any of the last 100 years

rateyourmusic.com/~ricebeansandegg
hi

rateyourmusic.com/~cosmictones

sup lad

rateyourmusic.com/~yoyoyoHoward
I like to rate your (my) music !!! !

Who should i be droning now?

here's who I drone

~AntiWarhol
~sunken
~kount
~brandonsyl
~aoa
~hardboiledbabe
~carburador
~carbonado
~cacespace
~hike62
~LivingThrowaway
~supersweep
~Maltbeat
~cosmictones
~doru649
~rectalquartz
~moonspool
~Astigmata
~thebrofessoroak
~crosshatches
~classifriend

Some of these accounts haven't been used in years, doesn't matter to me, I find all of their tastes interesting enough to at least check their pages on a regular cycle.

I don't care for people like Kishinev, nippongirls, TheHorbgorbler,, Esichio or Akuochi_Hime - they all clearly just listen to music to rate it and don't actually take any time at all to digest or analyze what they put in their ears. It takes an extremely broken person to rate pages of music every single day, and that's what these people tend to do.
Pattern Repeat is the best techno from this decade I've found in years, you should definitely listen to it. Reminds me of some of the rustier Chain Reaction stuff blended with J.S. Zeiter.

hello?

rateyourmusic.com/~Myskinn

should i change my rating system?

rateyourmusic.com/~SolidGoldTooth

Thanks, I'll look into some of those. I wish rectalquartz came back :(

no, you're beautiful just the way you are
you, on the other hand, are not

I don't. He was a great user, but RYM would be better if every user just left and the rent for their servers went unpaid, forcing Sharifi into bankruptcy
He's a strong, intelligent man for leaving RYM and I envy him, just as I do Karl and Astigmata

nice digits.

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/the_beast_666/

legitimately worth a listen

Rude.

That guy seems just fine. Why do you say this?

The line between noise and music has blurred with studies in instrumental timbre and tonal interplay. So, composers abandoned the relationships of orchestral elements and the motions between these elements. Propelled by the advent of electronics, the definition of music has been pushed further towards all perceivable sounds and the organised relationship between these sounds.
At its most basic, the experience of music is the experience of tones. That is, a sound is heard and given relation to other sounds, with regards to its pitch, duration, intensity and timbre. It is by these shifts in tone that the sounds create the narrative of the composition but it is the aesthetic skills of the audience that determine the interpretation of this narrative. So, it is the development of these aesthetic skills that dictates the ability of the artist to elicit an emotional or thoughtful response.
The aesthetic skills of an individual correlate to their knowledge of the form and its conventions, the language of the art. These conventions dictate the grammar of the form, the rules regarding phonology, syntax and semantics necessary to produce all acceptable phrases. Combined with their cultural knowledge and beliefs, the knowledge of this grammar allows the listener to decipher the sounds of a composition, and so, the message of the composer.
Following the conventions reduces the message of the artist to the level of banal platitude. So, it is necessary for the artist to innovate by breaking these conventions and changing the language to suit the message. Innovation alone renders the message meaningless. It is the synthesis of convention and innovation, the restructuring of language, that determines the poignancy of a work
The artist must have the ability and autonomy to integrate content and form, tying the work to the specific conditions of society, so as to invite critical judgment within the created truth of the artwork. The artist so creates a dialectic that ch

Oh, words. Haha

thanks user, you saved my day

patreon.com/pattyhimmler

tfw saving up for that coveted Japanese lesson

Should I just blow it on the skype chat bros?

what the fuck is this shit

What, a guy's gotta make a living somehow

Why does that annoy you?

would rather get lessons from deagger or raf t b h

this

Lewis is fat and ornery, Raf is cute af

so u dont think there has ever been a good classical release?

yes
better question why does it not annoy you

Because I wrote it.

Quick rundown on the sodrs

>Sharifi bows to the sodrs
>In contact with AntiWarhol
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control RYM with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Sodrgrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be sodr babies
>all three sodrs said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Astigmata reviews & Lewis' twitter
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of three ploymaths who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have sodrbots inside you right now
>The sodrs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the sodr bunker in Wilkes land?
>They learned fluent Japanese in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Sodr
>The sodrs are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

What did boldfaure mean by his new profile pic?

Pretty good

I get unbanned today at noon!
rateyourmusic.com/~Hotel_Trivago

holy fucking shit dude

why didn't they permaban you?

They did but i apologized so i ended up getting unbanned

lads if u vote for a genre on a newly added release does it go green or stay grey from just one vote? i think i have been unweighted!!!

>Apparently really hesitantly talking about information you don't fully believe in = racist.
>I really think Jon was just put into arguments he didn't fully believe in.

bogpill me on qwerty100

rateyourmusic.com/~gugaacdc

>hey

The post that saved /rym/

bayar my boy
rateyourmusic.com/~BAYAR

>Threntall bows to the qwerty100
>In contact with ChrisPC
>Possesses autism-like traits
>Downloads terrible metal albums from across the globe
>Adopted
>Bankrolled Sonemic by donating his entire paycheck (has asked sharifi to name one of the forums after him)
>Has written 99% of the cringiest reviews on RYM
>First banal metal review on Sonemic will in all likelihood be by qwerty100
>Said to have Sub-100 IQ, and rumoured by some to be legally classed as retarded
>Owns reviews across the entire site
>You likely have read one within the last week
>Once took a whole week to write a 5 line review
>Qwerty is about 4 decades old, yet has the maturity of a teenager

redpill me on what happened to sal and hladik

bogpill me on BAYAR

sal flipped a shit at the first sign of criricism yet again

that's not what happened
>gene and i were friends for a number of years
>caught him being a snake in the neo-/rym/ discord chat
it wasn't so much criticism (which i welcome btw) as much as it was lame cowardice, therefore he got what he deserved.

who's the squidward of rym

>being a snake
Give, with concrete examples, what this means. How do I know if he got what he deserved if you are the arbiter of what he did?

Redpill me on why Montie is so great

i meant that he was talking shit behind my back instead of consulting me in private. i wouldn't say anything if this was somebody i never talked to before, given that this Sup Forums, but like i said, i've talked to him since 2014. i'm over it and it doesn't matter anyway, but i didn't want him to get away with that kind of shit.

How does that entail 'deserving' anything? Perhaps that was disrespectful, dishonest, etc, but since when do those qualities 'deserve' reciprocal bad behavior?

can you take this criticism: posting someone's real name, facebook pictures, etc. on Sup Forums because you're mad at them isn't good behavior? neither is stalking teenage girls like bratty

because it's usually the kind of behavior people carry with them into the real world, i see it happen all the time. maybe it's not a good approach, but maybe next time he'll discuss rather than retreat into a chat of 15-year-olds.

it isn't. we're both, i recognize that, and i hope he does too.
also
>stalking
yea you don't know shit

*we're both wrong, i recognize that

why're you talking about some overtly faggy high school drama shit

cause by no desire of anyone's but sals it has been dragged in and continually played out in this thread

someone asked so i answered
lurk before posting

rateyourmusic.com/~todestrieb
tfw cant download music because pc broke

fair enough

this, unironically

Sonemic will NEVER lunch.

give me ONE (1) reason why you still havent donated to based lewis patreon

I don't waste my money on beggars, even if they're doing it online.

cause it's not actually him but a joke account created by someone from this thread
as evidenced by the fact that the only backer so far is a profile with hladik's picture, antiwarhol's name, lammergeier's (i think?) chart and some rym normalfag's profile description
probably the same person behind both accounts

why does iloveyou have it on his profile page then?

as an 'ironic' 'joke' or some shit

i guess so. i didn't think he was still reading these threads

how do I get a fembot gf

>tfw when ethan doesn't drone you

with zero reasons for living senpai

>stalking teenage girls is bad
get the fuck out of here

no, it's him

rateyourmusic.com/~Nacre

>LivingThrowaway
>fucking LivingThrowaway
>a suicidal Australian faggot drug-addict
>high ratings mostly assigned to bland nigger music
This is God-tier bait, my man.

fyi i agree with you on Kishinev, etc. but several of those you drone are also frauds who don't actually listen to the music they rate

>/rym/ hates based kizhimev now
what the fuck happened?

nippongirls is legit though

rateyourmusic.com/~azidunz

kishinev, nippon and akuochi are all based. esichio is a UHSer and horb is just mentally ill

hamtrax-tier dilettante shit-heap

Take The Sodr Pill

rateyourmusic.com/~riceshoes

uh oh i made BIG poopy in my diapie.........
Reply to this post with what i should one star next

solo violin improvisations

rateyourmusic.com/~wa1demar

nice trips sal

lammy literally droned that chart (which is my OC)

Five star this i dare you

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/for_segregationists_only/

any oldfag here still have ~abject's old chart saved?

abject was fruitfork's dupe account

n-no way

i thought fruitfork just droned the shit out of her?