What if we're just a game, we've died many times but we had a "checkpoint" etc...

What if we're just a game, we've died many times but we had a "checkpoint" etc. And we only remember the parts where we didn't die.
When you actually die maybe you ran out of lives or the player quit etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7RHv_MIIT0
youtube.com/watch?v=6iI9CUE9g14
my.mixtape.moe/opulcm.webm
my.mixtape.moe/iwcuuy.mp3
steamcommunity.com/id/Cc4b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember my first marijuana cigarette

Just go to rehab already

>a game
it's called 'simulation theory' you tard

Just leave it be user,clearly op has been drinking sea water while getting pounded my mexicans for free tacos

witnessed

Check. check - check them.!.

My theory is different.
For example an mmorpg would probably be our world, because the idea of this being a singleplayergame with npc's is pretty absurd.
But maybe this isn't the only game there is.
Maybe you can go play a similar game as a singleplayer, maybe there's co-op games.
The point being our games (or minigames for our players) are around 10-20h long on average.
Maybe those are just minigames, just like our games are minigames.
What if you don't play games? Maybe they're just skipping content because none of it is mandatory.

I our lives we skip content regularly, because literally, actually literally everything is content, it's impossible to do it all in one run.

Maybe the crazy growth of world population was because they released a massive patch, or went from closed beta to open beta at around 1400-1800, then released it and maybe even made it f2p in 1900-2000

Your dad used to pee on you when you were a kid and this is what you think of just too cope,it gets better,its ok to cry

hot girl

My dad did some nasty things when I was a kid, but I don't think he peed on me.
I like crying, I cry often when listening to music that affects me emotianally.

But t hat's beside the point¨
She sure is

Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

Who is she?

>nasty things
Storytime?

bamp

This better be bait kiddo.

"girl"

But why wouldn't anyone else remember you dying?

short hair doesn't mean it's a trap

I'm not sure if this a quote from someone.
But yes, I question it every day.
She's a cutie
Parents divorced, was about 8 I think, lived 1 week dad 1 week mom.
Dad had his shit busted, lost job, liked beer, liked it a lot.
Let's just say that I think I needed to be cared of at that age and not me caring for him was (8-15, eventually moved to my mom's)
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

It's a quote from the show "Westworld" pretty good show

my player must of already quit and left the game on

who

And you think that might be a game someone would be interested in playing?

so rose is a dude right? a little drunk. need closure on this.

>girl
yep.

I don't follow tv shows :/
:)
Well it depends, I can't know who or what would be playing as me. But if you think that for these beings playing a 55year life is comparable to us playing a 10 hour game or something like that.
And tbh yes, were this a game, I'd try it out.
And it also explains why the 1% has it all and most of the people know how to do shit.
In league of legends the average rank for players is like silver4 . 50% of the people playing are bronze. I'm low diamond, I know I'm bad but playing with silvers is insanely stupid.

Also maybe when you die, you can play another game, I don't think time manipulation would be possible, maybe. I also think you get to "create" your own character and so on.
This game is so full of content you can't do it all in 1 run, or even 10 runs! And there's more content coming all the time.
How many humans lives would it take to do everything you possibly can? The replay value is INSANE!

fucking who

:-)

she always seemed like she had a cold to me

You gotta be warm :)

But hey, my existence theory... Guise

sounds like you are full of shit, go to the bathroom and eject whore.

she looks like a fish

Honestly think it would suck,there is no clear point to playing

Are there clear points in our succesfull games?
Sure there are in some, but many of them are open world. What about games like minecraft?
You get to create whatever you want and isn't that true in our world too? Maybe the intended goal of life it to create art in any form you like.
Maybe you can also enjoy the art other people have created.
You don't need a clear point for playing, for many people it's "just fun" others like it for the competitiveness, some like to play around with the game, finding easter eggs or just messing around with the mage mechanix .
The idea of not knowing you're in a game is even better! That's why the game is able to function, it basically removes griefers completely

Forgot my benchmark :P

tits or gtfo.

Sounds like a shitty game

quantum suicide

a reality exists for the outcome where you lived and where you died, you cannot perceive death so only remember living

Lol. Donthave a pen so tried to use a receit.
It's just because you don't know how to play. I'm bad at rts games so i don't like them

who is this person?

this game is like an online MS paint where you share your stuff?

Is my idea called quantum suicide?
Not familiar with the concept, gotta do some research later. But your other point is pretty much what I mean. We've "died" multiple times, but we are only aware of the times we didn't die, because being aware of actually dying is impossible, at least for now.
More like minecraft, but not with some blocks.
You can be anything you want, you can do anything you want, but if you don't understand the point of the game, you probably suck at it and you don't like it.

what?

Read the thread rosebud

yeah pretty much, it would be impossible to know you died if you're dead

Sadly that's why I sometimes consider suicide :(
Then again I wanna play the game first.
I just gotta learn to play it so I can have a good time :P

I don't think there is a point in believing you'd be able to explain the meta-reality with existing concepts taken from our reality, especially if they are that constructed.

I my opinion there's no point in believing at all.
Believing is stupid, but I can't really escape it. I believe that literally anything you can come up with is possible, but the more detailed it is, the more unlikely it is in my opinion.
Religions are a good example, they all have the same basic concept, but then they fuck it up by adding pointless stories that are impossible to prove. An idea is an idea, but a book is someone else's idea, or even a lie.

I can only guess why we exist and what consciousness is, but it's fun for me to think about the possibilities, maybe that's my way of playing the game.

This is how I got an idea of what it is, not sure if we mean the same thing but it sounds like you get this.

youtube.com/watch?v=n7RHv_MIIT0

Sadly he is a redditor so you know..

Also who's this in the pics?

>Also who's this in the pics?
Never seen her before

Thanks for the video, I'll check it out.
I don't use reddit, but I don't mind people who do.
There are rotten apples in every basket.
It's our long lost queen in the pic.
youtube.com/watch?v=6iI9CUE9g14

Kinda looks like Rubber Ross here

That video was very similar to my idea.
The first question I have is the followin:
Could you manipulate this quantum mechanic to always l lead to the option where the thing you want to happen, happens.
But with literally every choice we make every second that would be impossible.
Could we manipulate certain quantum suicides?

Is this a fucking trap?*

No this is a thread about the possibilities of existing and consciousness

why no hi-res rose ?

I'll dump my stuff in /wg/ if you'd like
Don't have many but anything for you :)

thank you

Can you do me a solid after I treated you?
If you're not in a hurry

huh ? what ?

Industrialisation up to the point of preprogrammed social interactions, gg.

Welcome to babylon, go to hell.

What do you think consciousness is?
Are we experiencing reality or is this an illusion?
Is there freedom of choice?
Are you the only conscious being?
Are you god?
Could we ascend to the 4th dimension?
Will the human race go extinct? What will that mean?

dont worry about it, just worry about the seagulls outside.
evil little fuckers

my.mixtape.moe/opulcm.webm

Heh. I was there for Rose.

> Are we experiencing an illusion?
> Is there freedom of choice ?
As the academic circles say, there is no point to ask a question if there is nothing that can make you ask it.

> Are you god?
I think not. We'll see.

> Will the human race go extinct? What will that mean?
As the mad arab says : "... Nor is it to be thought that man is either the oldest or the last of earth's masters, or that the common bulk of life and substance walks alone."
Man is just a glimpse of earth's history.

It's winter, there's no seagulls to worry a bout.
And I wanna worry about those things, maybe I'll learn something new of figure something interesting out. What I've figured out so far are so insanely simple things, like not seeing the forest for the trees stuff.
But I might spend too much time on this though..
So I should ask something that I can't ask.

And even if I did it wouldn't prove anything.
I think we might be, but I'm a theist so that's a
given. Could we be a broken hive mind.

Yeah but I mean more like conquering space. I think it was Stephen Hawking who said that if we manage to colonize another planet, it's very unlikely we'd go extinct.

I also wonder why I care about the human race so much, even though I won't live to see but a fraction of it. I just think humans have so much potential, but because we don't care about what happens after our death we're in a stalemate.
And it's understandable. Why care what happens in 1000 years since you'll be dead.
I don't like believing, but I can't help to believe in rebirth so much.
Or any other theory that allows me to experience future human life, even though I won't know it. Maybe that's happened already many times.
I like asking questions when there is no answer

Forgot Rose

Nah theirs no reason or purpose to our existence its just a sad fact of life

There is nothing you can do to prove that to be a fact.
I'll assume you think that when you die you just "aren't" timeless, senseless void that isn't black or white, it just is.
I can't imagine a state like that and neither can you. Even if I can't understand it, it makes sense that nothing is forever; that includes "not being". So you can't "not be" forever, meaning you must be again.
How does conscious life or life at all happen?
What's the state before birth? It would make sense for it to be the same state that comes after death

ugh, ok.
ill answer them also just to help you out.

>What do you think consciousness is?
scientifically its just electronic synapses.
i do not believe in spirits and shit like that.

>Are we experiencing reality or is this an illusion?
that depends on what you mean by experiencing.
if its the sounds you hear then no, that's sound waves.
if its the things you see, maybe, because its just light reflecting off things.
i could go into detail but i'm rather lazy.

>Is there freedom of choice?
technically no, since you can say things to anyone and pretty much always get the same answer.
such as:
would you rather everyone you love be tortured before they die or would you like them to die peacefully?
pretty much everyone will say the latter, but some edgy fuckers do exist.

>Are you the only conscious being?
it would seem that way to any individual, but if you have ever argued with someone then that shows you have opposing views which i think shows sentience in more than one being.

>Are you god?
if i was i wouldn't be on Sup Forums.

>Could we ascend to the 4th dimension?
no, our existence is three dimensional.
if we did some how enter the 4th dimension we would most likely be destroyed due to instability.

>Will the human race go extinct? What will that mean?
yes, everything dies out eventually.
and it will mean nothing other the human race no longer existing.
we are but one species.

my.mixtape.moe/iwcuuy.mp3

Humans ? Potential ?
They are profoundly egoistical, I'll agree with that, and that pushes them to do things that impress other humans, like you.
But they are extremely bad at grand things, like keep their home planet habitable, find interior peace and avoid violence.

Thanks :) It's not easy to find people to talk about these things, especially in irl :D

I agree that our brains work with electronic synapses, but I think consciousness is a whole different thing.

Basically all our senses lie to us all the time.
So why trust our senses, but what should we then trust? Our ideas!

I'm sorry I'd love to type more but I gotta run

There is tons of potential, today's society just pushes the humans most negative aspects to shine. Like greed, selfishness and so on.
You gotta be a dick to succeed, if we could change that, we could be eternal.
Maybe we'll figure out how to stop the freeze death of the universe or something like that!

some people are just stupid though, their idea's are too unrealistic.
then again you could question reality.

eh, enjoy your time

Thanks for passing by
I'll do my best at saving humanity don't worry

today's society amplifies the egoism, but egoism is still deeply set into human nature. Other societies, such as totalitarian or communitarian ones, just try and work to avoid the unavoidable egoistical surges of man.

But yes, if we could change this aspect of our nature, we would vanquish death and be eternal. But also, we would not be here in the first place. This is egoism that made civilizations.

I think egoism is a tool that has to be mastered. We can't avoid it, but we can use it well. And today's society certainly does not use it well.

oh, and thank you for , I did not have it. i just finished downloading the full archive.

don't save that which hurts others.
it only results in pain.

and if you wanna chat anytime you can add my steam thing i made just for Sup Forums
steamcommunity.com/id/Cc4b/

>I think egoism is a tool that has to be mastered. We can't avoid it, but we can use it well. And today's society certainly does not use it well.
I wouldn't have said it better myself
Those are pretty much exactly my thoughts.
Ego might seem like your enemy when you get to spiritualism, but you must understand your ego, love your ego and befriend your ego.

I'm in a real life situation where a friend of mine thinks he's the most dangerous drugdealer there is and he wants to be like stiches.
It's just so confusing to me, why be like him, why not be like yourself.

My world saving plan is just hard to put in place since I want people to have freedom of choice (or at least an illusion of it I don't know). I don't want to tell people how to live, I want then to understand it themselves, I can help if they want me to but I don't want to force anything. I like consent
Those should be in the rar, it's a pretty messy rar.
Thanks I'll do t hat

I feel you. Tyranny can do great things, but is against the principle of consent, and outdated in our society, since muh free will post-WW2.
In your world saving plan, you could imagine a great figure that would hold no political position, but would be loved, heard and respected by anyone.
But still, and this seems to be a supreme principle, there is always opposition in a society.

I really like my utopia, and I think it might be possible (not smart don't do this).
We need spiritual leaders, not businessmen or religious people. You could call them another better name, since spiritual might be a red flag for some people; let's say philosophical leaders.

People who see the bigger picture, but still making sure everyone is accounted for.