Be me

>be me
>about a month or two ago
>decide to buy myself a birthday gift on Amazon
>would you like a free trial of Amazon Prime, free 2 day shipping blah blah blah?
>surewhynot.jpg
>Birthday gift comes in 2 days
>set a reminder in my phone to cancel prime before they actually charge me
>reminder never went off a month later
>figure, fuck it, i can pay for one actual month, I'll prime some Christmas presents for people, then I'll cancel
>order some shit
>most of it doesn't have prime
>assume it will come from a normal US/Europe/Canada store
>nope.gif
>FUCKING CHINA
>mfw Estimated shipping: few months, should arrive January
>fast forward to yesterday
>dad asks me about a charge on his credit card
>label: Amazon Prime Membership
>Amount: over $100
>wat.jpg
>mfw I find out Amazon didn't put me on a monthly membership like a normal fucking website, instead tried to bill me for a year instantly after the trial ended
>mfw I couldn't afford a whole fucking year so Amazon decided to just pick a random old card on file and charge that one

Fuck you Amazon.

I didn't pay extra to get fucked over like this.

>decide to kill myself

nigga call their customer service and fight them on this

so?

you can cancel it still and I agree Prime is on some bullshit.

I wasn't exactly sure what to categorize this thread so I just didn't.

Greentext / Hate / Things that grind your gears thread

Also, check'd

So you don't know how to read, stay in school.

Prime is cool but amazon has a very strict customer is always right policy. It only takes a phone call user.

I know to read the fine print usually but I thought Amazon was one of those websites I could trust to not be a dickhead

I've been in this situation before, but I was never charged for a full year, just a month.

basically this.
If it really happened as you said it, then it's complete bullshit.

this happened to me too. this is the time the year they push their "free trial" that automatically charges you when the months up because its a new year for them

Prime charges the year membership all at once, read the fine print OP

WHAT KIND OF DUMBASS SETS A REMINDER TO NOT PAY SOMETHING... WHY NOT JUST FUCKING TAKE CARE OF IT RIGHT AWAY... OP IS THE ULTIMATE IDIOT

Maybe just in case OP wanted to buy something else in the trial period you dumb fucknut

When you get a free sample, do you take a tiny bite of it and throw the rest of the sample in the trash?

You're just a careless child. This is your fault. The info isn't even hidden. All you had to do was pay attention and check all the details are correct instead of just blindly clicking through it.

something similar happened to me when my year ran out, i had 6 months free because i'm a college student and another 6 for something else but the point is they charged me for a full year the day after it ended but i cancelled the moment i found out about it like a day or two later and they refunded for the amount of days out of the year i hadn't used, which was effectively all of them. it's not that hard, look around on your account of the site at all and you'll fix it in like 2 seconds

Amazon's customer support is the #1 ranked in the entire world.
If you call them/chat them, they will cancel your membership, as well as refund your dad's card.

Also, you're retarded for not ordering things with a big fucking blue Prime logo on it.

btw amazon ONLY has year memberships

They have monthly ones now.

oh, really? i didn't see the option this past summer. not that i'd have paid for it, mind you, but still
:/

It's not Amazons fault you're a moron. They're not hiding anything, and up until recently they didn't even have a monthly plan, just a once a year plan. Stop being such a poor piece of shit.

I pay for my Prime per month