Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Vertical is the best track?

now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Vertical is the best track?

On Delay

Golden Gal

No but we can agree that this is literally the worst album they every made.

Yes, it's far worse than the likes of Danse Manatee and Ceptipede Hz (that aren't even bad, just generally considered so on here.

For the record, Sung Tongs, Campfire Songs and Strawberry Jam are their best followed by STGSTV Feels and MPP. Then the rest.

CS is their worst

their top 3 are ST SJ and STGSTV

I think it's one of their best albums desu senpai. CHz is good too so idk what you're on about.

Lying in the Grass is the best song btw

TWO MANNEQUINS IN THE WINDOW

feel like kinda bonkers is pop radio play but i still love
kinda disappointed in the lyric video the font just reuses the same animated font
had faith in the visuals and when that kind of attention to detail is absent i hear it in the sound
>not my AC

This or Floridada.

The Burglars

First post best post

It's one of their best imo

Natural Selection is oddly a favorite of mine. But Floridada is always a constant #1 for me.

>I really hated this album
>Other people liked it
>WHY CANT WE JUST ALL AGREE ON MY OPINION

It's simple, some people liked the style of the record and others were turned away by it.

You could post why you didnt like it and explain.

lying in the grass is better live when they jam out on the end part

Lying in the Grass is best song. Don't get the hate for this album. The anco boys are still churning out some of the most inventive, mindboggling neo psych, and to be honest their contemporaries aren't even close to catching up. Don't see how anyone could prefer a Tame Impala album to PW.

The Burglars though
Floridada is pretty great too but someone mentioned that it sounds like a psychedelic They Might Be Giants song and now I can't help but think of that when I hear it.
Vertical is also very good
The album overall is not at all bad but the homogeneous nature of everything and lack of transitions/flow does hurt it. It's great for an occasional listen but it WILL get old if you listen to it a bunch. There's some tracks on it that would be amazing with more build-up in the context of a more cohesive album like MPP but because it's just a bunch of quite similar songs with no breathing room between them it doesn't have the same emotional resonance. Having the Deak around to contribute some Sleep Cycle-esque material would have helped a lot. But as an experiment in making a weird future-pop album it's fairly successful. And all the leftover tracks released since are just a good

Floridada was the only legit good song desu
There were some other decent one but none were all that good

Honestly, this. So fucking catchy

Man, Vertical pissed me off to no end. The thing is, it starts off really good. Then @ :57 on the track when the synth comes in it starts going downhill. Then the repeating Parking Lot part almost made me vomit.

Also

>God Tier
Lying in the Grass
The Burglars
Bagels in Kiev
On Delay

>Good Tier
FloriDada
Natural Selection
Summing the Wretch
Golden Gal

>Ok Tier
Hocus Pocus
Spilling Guts

>Meh Tier
Recycling

>Parking Lot Tier
Vertical

The Burglars is so great. Its like I hear something new everytime I listen to it. It just amazes me how they can take all these random sounds and somehow make it sound like something.

easily this
Lying in the Grass, Vertical, and On Delay are other top tracks, though The Burglars is still way above them all
I'm honestly not sure where it ranks, but it's still a pretty good (maybe great) album regardless

I feel the same way about vertical

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Goalkeeper is the best track?

Actually it's honestly tied between the last three to me.

>I dunno if I can pass your test as goalie
>but I'll do my best cuz I can't be the only
>I don't wish that I could be the greatest goalie
>but I'll do my best cuz I care
these give me such old school anco vibes but sonically the song is just so bouncy and new, it is a really weird feeling.

FloriDada and Golden Gal.

>mildly enjoy painting with but find the songwriting to be pretty absent
>everybody praises the new ep
>listen to it excitedly
>it's dogshit

I don't get how anybody could like Kinda Bonkers, that song past maybe the first 20 seconds is an abomination.

anyone else spilling guts master race here?
agree with this a lot, I get that people don't like the new style but I for one am just happy that they have yet to sound complacent
I think that chorus is my favorite from this whole era
it helps if you're not yet totally dead inside

Golden gal was a diamond in the rough on this album
Agreed

I'm really curios what Lying in the Grass sounds like to people that enjoy it. I understand taste is subjective but I've heard pretty much everything they've ever put out and in my opinion it's one of the worst songs they ever made.

It sounds ugly, olive, farty, the melody isn't pleasant, nor is the chord progression going on underneath.

This shit is so underrated

Peace/Goal are two of the best songs they've put out since merriweather. they'd be standout on water curses.

relistening I do like the chorus a bit but that's about it.

shit, you're right. hearing them in the style of Water Curses would be fucking eargasmic.

/thread

it was bad

>Implying PW isn't the same 12 songs with varying degrees of reverb and phasing

there's barely any reverb tho

Honestly they already have that sound. They're just classic A.C. songwriting but in the best way. The samples in peace are super well incorporated and they both have a new atmosphere to them which is what made every song on Water curses great.

unfortunately, having breakthrough success and influence had destroyed what path they may have been on, though they've made my favorite work of theirs since mpp it's just a problem knowing they had to subvert from sounding like bands that ripped them off. i agree about Lying in the Grass, it's possibly the most animal collective thing i've ever heard

Step aside plebs

Fall be kind > water curses > honeycomb = prospect hummer > people > grass ep > painters > monkey been to burntown

i really enjoy PW but this EP was underwhelming dogshit, anco is starting to make bad music

I more meant the instrumentation desu. the sound of the song Water Curses has always been amazing to me, and I've always wished that they did more with that style. Goalkeeper would work perfectly with it.

>People that low
What the fuck are you thinking?

People deserves to be lower though

If it didn't have just the live of people it'd be higher

great verses, awful bridge

What you think about this

It has a weird nocturnal dance vibe going on that is totally unlike anything else I've ever heard. I get why someone wouldn't like it but you've got to give credit to the sheer originality of the track.

Lying in the Grass isnt one of my favorites but id say one thing that's good about it is the raw sound it has that the samples of the voices give. Then that piano that occasionally chimes in is neat, along with the sax.

Along with that, the beat is definitely going places. It's also very catchy to sing with.

Basically its what a lot of songs on PW are already doing but with a nice touch of their odd sampling and a featured saxophonist

vertical is good track. rest are mediocre.

PW is very cohesive, vertical is pretty similar to a lot of tracks, Hocus Pocus definitely.
Why do you say the rest are mediocre?

I love Painting With. On Delay is god tier.