So I'm hearing a lot of idiots claiming that she's the first woman to sit the Iron throne...

So I'm hearing a lot of idiots claiming that she's the first woman to sit the Iron throne. What about Rhaenyra Targaryen? She fucking sat on the Iron throne after Aegon II usurped it during the events known as the " Dance of Dragons".

this. bump.

Who #TeamCersei here?

CRASHING THIS SEPT

WITH NO SUVIVORS

it's amazing how few people keep a detailed knowledge of the kings of Westeros and the Targaryen family tree in their head.

i'm constantly shocked by people's ignorance.

>So I'm hearing a lot of idiots claiming that she's the first woman to sit the Iron throne

No you're not. You just wanted to whine about showfags.

yeah?...wasn't that clear? Yknow when I created this post to whine about a TV show.

Rhaenyra was never crowned queen.

She's a big girl.

I'm not one of those people, not that I don't find it mildly interesting, but a lot of the history doesn't seem to have much relevance in the present day. If I want to roleplay Game of Thrones I just play the Westeros mod for Crusader Kings and let history unfold randomly each time.

It would mean more to people if it were more relevant, it's not exactly Lord of the Rings.

She sat on the throne for half a year. Crowning is just a fucking detail.

It wasn't an acknowledged reign then.
The Dance is just a copy-paste of the Anarchy anyway, Matilda didn't get acknowledged as being Queen of England either.

>can't unsee

>i choose violence
yeah I'm converted

Nobody in Westeros is contesting her claim, unlike with Rhaenyra. Also, Rhaenyra officially never ruled as she lost the war, the same way Joffrey would be never called a king if Stannis had won.

is anyone supporting her except a couple peasants?

Good enough for marketing.

she is my queen, i would die for her.

>nobody in westeros is contesting her claim
There are literally 3 kingdoms in open rebellion

>wielding power is the same thing as being crowned monarch

you're actually retarded

Plebs never read the books

although ASOIAF is for plebs anyway so I guess that makes show watchers ultra plebs

>Implying the books are ever going to be finished

GRRM hasn't even started