vmashup.com/ONk4QdzT
youtu.be/nevWCrGnlMM
youtube.com/watch?v=NX5sDIAVXDE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/W3SLLEzkG8c
vmashup.com/ONk4QdzT

Two scenes are self-referential: MoS-MoS & BvS-BvS
One retroactively refers to the first film: MoS-BvS.

What did Snyder mean by this?

youtu.be/nevWCrGnlMM

APOLOGIZE

I like Ang Lee's Hulk and I have never read a single Marvel/Hulk comic in my life.

Still got that scene, TAKE IT ALL, in my mind when Hulk just gives it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=NX5sDIAVXDE

I hope there will be a director's cut of Man of Steel someday.

I haven't seen it. Is it worth it to waste 3 hours?

>Supes kills Zod at the end of MoS
>screams out in agony about taking a life
>kills the guy holding Lois 15mins into the movie

Bravo Zack

maybe a slight bump in box office so itd reach the billion figure like the dark knight films

he screamed in agony over having to kill the last of his kind over petty reasons, senpai

the only true capekino desu

hack job stolen from dwoskin

What else do you have lined up today?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. with only a few scenes it shows Superman to be much more emphatic.

Isn't it stated that the guy didn't die? Wasn't the whole deal with that scene the fact that a bunch of people were shot and burned? Did you watch the movie?

Late thanks to you for suggesting the comics.

>what's so funny about truth justice and the american way
>The Dark Knight Returns
>John Byrne's "Man of Steel"
>superman: peace on earth
>JLA
>Red Son
>All-Star Superman
>Superman: Birthright

>Justice League seems like a pretty straightforward adaptation of Geoff Johns' first story arc in the New 52.

>Grant Morrison's run on JLA

>As far as movies with themes that are similar to what's being explored in MoS and BvS, check out "The Man who Fell to Earth," "Starman," and "Contact." All of those touch on the angle of attack he's taken on Superman's extended origin story.

Posting the list here if someone else is like, that has never read a DC or Marvel comic and wants to read stuff that influenced Snyder.

desu i really love the scene when banner has the gamma incident

So he don't really give a shit about humans?

Bravo Zack

I think youre choosing to be an ignorant twat here, my friend.

If Superman tackles you at 200MPH through 3 walls, you're dead.

sure

>200MPH

how do you know that?

out of chronological order BUT is it pottery?

Death on the left
reBIRTH on the right

Even the Director's Extended Edition TM wasn't able to save this trainwreck.

Hell yes, and Betty's explanation for why the Hulk's strength has infinite potential was absolutely brilliant.

you're right

shit, we read left to right, order any webms left to right as well

So i watched the Ultimate Cut yesterday and i want to ask where is this scene where:'Lex Tells superman that he captured his mother.Afterwards Superman tries to find her,searches left and right but finds despair''
I've read some places about this scene yet didn't see it anywhere in the movie.

from previous thread

Will Suicide Squad be as though provoking as BvS?

Yes. Clark flat-out says he didn't kill anyone.

>People will still call it 'damage control' when Zack Snyder has been setting up the birth of heroic age FOR THREE FILMS with obvious references, themes, and scenes.

The fact that he has subverted the meaning of Superman dying in BvS compared to original comic is probably the biggest hint of it.

i doubt it, i hope it's a good movie though.

Ayer's a pretty good director and the cast is interesting, the designs seem really fucked up though.

and all the reshoots make me a little worried but the movie did seem like it needed levity

I hope so. I kind of already think that it's going to further explore the impact a guy like Superman has had on the world, and I already know there's going to have to be at least some discussion about magic.

I'm hype as hell for the world-building possibilities.

Is this how Superman works out? Where's he going with that ship?

Was he meant to be training here?

Ayer has never made a film that was thought-provoking and his edgy and dark style will be neutered by executives.

Something like Sabotage would be too depressing for people. There's no hope there. His Fury was bleak too

is this supposed to be the representation here?

guess its not in the ultimate cut either
remember there's another hour of footage that didn't make it

personally i was hoping for a supposed clark nightmare of black zero and a clark vision of zod

Reposting my question from the previous thread.

>Where's he going with that ship?
weighing in the scrap metal for money

no the people on that ship were trapped in the ice so he was moving it for them.

web-dl is out, bluray comes out 18th

sorry meant to tag

the government black ops angle, where the government uses psychopaths to do their dirty work is the central theme the movie is working with. i wonder if the makers will be presenting commentary on real world examples of this

even bvs had a corporate sponsored false flag.....i wonder when THAT was written..

Yeah rumors is that when Supes returns in JL he will have the black suit and long hair. (maybe a beard also )

possibly. I think in the films it will be more that Earth realises what an asset Superman was, and most of the world will love him on his return

Who's that?
How did he get there?

>a corporate sponsored false flag
Lexcorp had shit to do with government? You are referring to Africa right.

You think this will win a Razzie this year? I think it's pretty deserving of it. Fantastic Four won last year but this is far worse.

it would make sense for that to be a direct nod

and kryptonian mail/underarmor/whatever is black

steppenwolf, communicating with Lex through the liquid metal shit

I've only seen like the, film-video versions of Superman and Lex.

I think Smallville had the best Clark-Lex.

Steppenwolf, one of Darksieds generals, its just a krytonian hologram like you see in MOS

Lex was getting a info dump from the ship and he learned all about Darksied and he let out a signal letting Darksied know of the location of those three mother boxes

He may have grabbed him, craddled him against break-neck speed and smashed his own back/fist through those walls and may have dropped him off at the local un/cia/whatever squadron/jail. That guys death wasn't supes goal. Removing him from the situation was.

yes.
the more i don't think about the characters of suicide squad and think more about how the gobermint is going to use a task force of criminals domestically the more interested i get in watching the movie

wtf is this thing on the webm?Someone know?I watched the UC and was wondering what it was when it came in the end

that metal has been used in both movies to create physical structures to communicate and to tell stories.
its the same as holograms in star wars except that it's metal constructing a 3 d representation of who you're communicating with

I assume it was some kryptonian librarian feeding Lex information about the 100000+ worlds.

see

I was rewatching "The Prestige" the other day, and thought of this scene.

"No one cares about Clark Kent taking on the Batman."

No one cares about the man in the box, either.

>"No one cares about Clark Kent taking on the Batman."
Hilarious meta comment about the film.

What are motherboxes? Some infinity gem esque macguffin plot device?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU

My favorite scene from the film.

In the comics, they're essentially sentient computers created by the New Gods and linked to "The Source." It's all straight from Jack Kirby's brilliantly cracked mind.

How they're handled and explained in the DCEU is still not entirely known, but typically, they've always been sources of miracles great and small.

take out eisenberg, gadot, and adams. add in some more superman and the movie is a lot better. afflek as batman didnt really do anything for me so i dont know where all this praise is coming from. hes alright once hes in the suit but his bruce wayne is unremarkable and his lines are cheesy as fuck( not afflek's fault, i know).

I won't lie that's exactly what they are.

but Darksied was created by Jack Kirby who Marvel then decided to steal the design of for Thanos.

regardless of the macguffen I'm very keen to see closer looks at the designs of Darksied and Parademon's in JL.

Every damn time.

>I won't lie that's exactly what they are.

Not in the comics. They are merely tools.

Snyder is making them into a infinity gems ripoff though

Just watched it, I really liked it and normally hate cape shit.

This is how superhero movies should be down. Dark and geared towards adults.

All of marvels shit is like walking through candyland it was made to appeal to little faggot kids.

The action scenes were superb, although I thought wonderwomen tacked on to help them was lame. Also the ammount of the film that was actually batman vs superman was way to little.

>the bat interrogated six people and came away with nothing. it was bruce wayne that got the information

a bunch of lines like that in the movie, with the ones said to clark of course being funny little dramatic ironies

in an interview somewhere it was revealed that the underground fight club bruce goes to was longer with people noticing he is and him saying "i'm a night person"

>How they're handled and explained in the DCEU is still not entirely known

From the set visit, journalists said that there are 3 motherboxes on Earth that reunited would become a powerful weapon

So yeah, mcguffin. Even though they weren't supposed to be.

I'd like marvel movies a lot more if they were more like Ant-Man, that movie seemed pretty perfect for marvel's formula, pretty hyped for Dr. Strange too

Eisenberg's Luthor as a young, neurotic, psychotic millionaire was pretty good, I also appreciated his off beat acting and the little cracks in his public persona here and there before he completely loses it.

Gadot was just too little in the film. Whatever I saw, I enjoyed. Best being the fight parts.

And Adams won my heart over this time around, I didn't like MoS at all.

>This is how superhero movies should be down. Dark and geared towards adults.

That's awesome.

*tips sombrero*

It's a shame how the film just ends with grimdark CGI action with a mindless brute when it spent hours going on about philosophy and the roles of gods and man.

I don't know why Zack Snyder has to make pseudo shit instead of just crafting fun escapism films. You get the sense that he's a director that hates his own audience and makes it his mission to go against the grain and make movies that aren't the norm, and everytime he falls on his head.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Ant-Man and Dr. Strange looks like it's going to be a good time as well.

>grimdark.
Stop using this word. It's not grimdark because it has violence and destruction.

>Superm-Ai-N

A Superboy falls in love with a reporter girl.

Unable to confess, Clark Kent is gifted by a Mxyzptlk with Lois Lane's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as he tears through the fabric of time and space in order to get to the reporter girl from another dimension. Equipped with their darkest, most private secrets the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BATHTUB SEX.

It's grimdark because it's also all dark and depressing on top of the violence and destruction

The things he does with his movies is what makes them interesting to me, I'm sure I'd enjoy them if they were more mindless action movies but making them more character-centric is why they actually have lasting value in my mind, and I can rewatch them many times

Not even the dark weather makes it grimdark, and the 'If you seek his monument' scene could not be in anything that's grimdark (hugely positive message).

Not that guy, but why sombrero?

As light as Jesus' crucifixion
Hey, he died for our sins, that's a positive message

also because it's a big hat

dezu as someone who was a big part of the first two waves of pasta
when i saw that moment on screen...
t-t-they don't mean us too... h-haha

its funny how people say snyder hates superman when this movie makes it obvious how much he loves the character

>bringing up marvel

But superman dying has no meaning because he didn't die.
>fanboys will defend character resurrection because lol christ symbolism

pretty accurate

what?

god i fucking hate this company wars shit.

I like X-men, which is marvel, I like Spiderman, which is Marvel.

that moment where the people are revealed to be superman's monument is for the movie audience as well

Saying he didn't kill anyone loses all meaning when we clearly see that he had no inhibition in his violence. By contrast if he accidentally killed someone with no malicious intent I wouldn't have a problem with it.

>Call people who polarizes DC versus Marvel dickheads
>Polarizes DC versus Marvel

>WB makes a good 21st century Superman movie with Superman Returns
>solid lead, great Lex
>only problem was Bosworth as Lois Lane
>still, received well by critics and fans
>BUT, it """only""" makes $390 million worldwide
>decide to reboot the series

You made the bed. Now you lay in it.

You don't necessarily need to read it as Jesus allegory. He died for his world and for Lois Lane, and the overall tone of the scene is empathetic and positive. Him, other metahuman helped to save the world and the world has accepted them (and Superman accepted the world as his), and Wonder Woman probably goes from autistic shutin to a relevant figure, and it also signals the birth of heroic age with Wayne and Diana starting the search for them.

>But superman dying has no meaning because he didn't die.
Him, Wonder Woman (and to some extent, I guess Batman) saving the world from Doomsday and changing the status quo attitude of Earth towards metahumans was meaningful, that scene alone is very powerful end to Superman in the film (and it's not only end, it's also a beginning)

I don't know how you can read anything grimdark to his death in BVS:UC.

>its funny how people say snyder hates superman when this movie makes it obvious how much he loves the character
I read interview from the original creators of the Doomsday and Death of Superman plotline. It was a backlash against 90s gritty and edgyness, and sort of petty thing 'well here is your world without superhero, up your nose', to remove one of its heroes where as here it is a birth of heroic age and appreciation of metahuman(s)

In the film it's far from being somethign so petty and edgy. It's completely changed in meaning, in a positive way.

what?
and what pasta?
you're smoking something bad

what are you babbling about?