>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TV7OIs-4i6c
youtube.com/watch?v=hLJOYgo584c
tomhess.net/TheBestPickingTechniqueForGuitarSpeed.aspx
guitarworld.com/lessons-blogs/tips-guitarists-how-build-shredding-speed/20010
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/radiohead/true_love_waits_tab.htm
youtu.be/iEgNn469gdg
thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/example-of-poor-qc-from-gibson-pic.1806313/
youtube.com/watch?v=vtEw8JLQBgg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Semi-Hollow Epiphones

So my friend is buying his first guitar and amp and since he doesn't really know much he's asked me for advice, we've found a guitar he likes but he can't really decide what amp he should go for. he doesn't want to spend too much money, about 250 euro for the amp alone, so I found 2 amps that should be great for him, one is the marshall code 25 and the other is the boss katana 50, I'll briefly go over the pros and cons, both are digital modeling amps and priced around about the same
>Marshall pros
has a dedicated footswitch (sold seperately though)
has more modelling options
>cons
in the event he gets in a band he'll never be loud enough for a drummer, so he'll have to buy a cab or a completely new amp
>Boss pros
>ever so slightly cheaper
>louder, will keep up with a drummer no problem
>cons
only compatible footswitch is some garbage with just one button
he seems to be leaning towards the marshall and I do think that's the better choice for a begginer amp, but I'm open to second opinions

how do i meet people who like the same things i like to jam with. i just moved to san fernando valley in northridge and all my jamming friends back home at 450 miles away also im not good

the marshall needs to be upgraded to even sound like a decent bedroom amp. the stock speaker is so unbelievably shit it's sad. Out of those two, the Boss easily.

Although if I had to buy any amp like that, it's Yamaha THR or nothing

there are apps for that man, or try /soc/. alternatively, if you somehow are a normie on Sup Forums, you could try attending open mic nights, teaching a new friend you make here, or posting a "please don't rape/rob me" ad on craigslist

1) if he's beginner he won't need all the bells and whistles. 2) It'll take a bit before he can jam with anyone anyways. IMO either one will be okay, taking in both those considerations.

Fender Mustangs are solid modeling amps as well

My question is, when is someone skilled enough to be ready to jam? I'd love to but I've only been playing since November so I fear no one would want to practice with someone who's garbage.

"See Samuel Campos playing live with his band"

youtube.com/watch?v=TV7OIs-4i6c

Audience didnt like this song as much but he did two cool solos on it, quoting "dazed and confused" a bit youtube.com/watch?v=hLJOYgo584c

Fun fact.
Later that night he was at a hospital due to alcohol overdose after drinking all the doubles avaliable that night

mfw you're close enough to me where i easily could jam but i won't because lol @ meeting up w/ people on line

read a few reviews and none of them mentioned that the speaker is shit so don't know where you got that from, unless you actually own one
I know he doesn't need all the fancy effects and shit, but it's nice to have once he really gets into it, no use buying a crappy amp for 100euros and tossing it in the trash after a few months to buy something he should've bought in the first place (I did that)
the odds of him even jamming with anyone besides me, let alone a full band is slim but still something to consider
we took the Mustang II V2 into consideration aswell but he said he liked the other two more

>euros
dropped

I did own one for about a week. I put an Eminence in it and it sounded way better, but I didn't buy a practice amp to mod. The Yamaha still sounds better than both though, which is why I ditched the marshall

Who?

who is samuel campos

You'll post regardless.

Is this how I should learn to pick?
tomhess.net/TheBestPickingTechniqueForGuitarSpeed.aspx

Is this a good method? guitarworld.com/lessons-blogs/tips-guitarists-how-build-shredding-speed/20010

remind to report avatarfagging

wtf the pig guy is gone

Tom Hess is considered a joke by many guitaring professionals but that technique is what I think Jimmy Bruno uses and he's pretty legit so hey give it a try man.

I keep seeing his videos that are suggested. He looks like the most infomercial kind of guitar teacher if I ever saw one.

But I must say, from what I've heard, he's adept at shredding. So what gives? Is he a hack?

I'm still here friend
*oink*oink*

I'? a sort-of beginner and thinking about seeing what they have to offer for lessons through guitar center desu. Anyone here have any experience with their curriculum and shit?

how do you get a sinister guitar tone?

I might.

>tfw no scene in my town and no friends to start a band with

What do?

DR strings any good ?

you know better than all that

>tfw everybody else in town is playing in a band except you

>tfw Hank Marvin

If I play metal would a fender strat be a bad choice?

It works for iron maiden...

They use single coil sized humbuckers. Yngwie plays a strat with single coils and makes it sound pretty metal, so there's that.

list of fa/gg/ots that ruined /gg/

>shoegayz offset numale hipster fags
>"le brutal xd" meal manbabbys
>irrelevant wankshred wannabe autists
>noob squire poorfags
>dadrawk blooze buttrockers
>contemporary homojazzualz

did I miss anyone?

user with the lpj, can you please post it? im thinking of getting a cheap epi like yours and modding it. its so incredibly aesthetic with that emg in there. my one complaint is the bolt on neck. do you think an emg would do swedish death metal like entombed?
yeah buddy. what type of metal in particular? bridge singles sound great for black metal and some other swedish death metal band uses a neck single coil into an hm-2 into a jcm800. also, jon levasseur of cryptopsy uses a fat strat. so yeah, it should do it.

>Yngwie plays a strat with single coils
>single coils
no he doesn't stupid

I have the brand new Orange Rocker 15C and a kotzen strat. One (1) Immerse reverb for the clean and thats it.

I mainly play iron maiden and that was the tone I looked for.
Do what you want with that.

after getting so blown the fuck out and never trolling anyone, i dont get why you post here desu

You miss the G&L CEO that got gangraped by Fender reps in his youth

>your post

anybody here have any experience with those Hotone micro amp?

i'm considering a micro head just for fucking around in my bedroom, those Hotone look interesting, and that Peavey 6505 also got me interested. I was looking at that zvex nano but $520 that's one expensive little fucker.

>the G&L CEO that got gangraped by Fender reps in his youth
Is that what happened to him? I was wondering.

>*wrap wrap wrap*
>*echo echo echo*
>weeew listen to that Tonewood ® Wow
>oh, hey user, didn't see you there
>wow, I just pulled this fine specimen from the PRS Tone Library ®, listen to that even the same pitch all over the body
>*knock knock knock*
>wow
>oh, whats that user, your guitar is made of alder? Thats too bad. That is not a tonewood.
>I have all the tonewoods here in my ToneVault ®.
>Nope, sorry user, the Tones belong to me and my PRS Private Reserve® customers only
>I'm afraid your guitar doesn't qualify
>This is where we envision Extraordinary Instruments ®

What corrections would you make to these tabs for True Love Waits?
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/radiohead/true_love_waits_tab.htm

Someone recommended
C Fmaj7 Emb6
C Fmaj7 Emb6
Am Gadd11

for the first chorus, which sounds good until the last chord. I think ultimateguitar is right on that one.

Any thoughts?

Why are PRS so ugly looking.

You know Micro terror are top 1 sales since their launch for a reason right ?

youtu.be/iEgNn469gdg

lol say what you will about PRS, at least the guitars are consistently well-made. Even the Korean SEs are probably more consistent than US Gibsons. See thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/example-of-poor-qc-from-gibson-pic.1806313/

Where are all the meal faggots at? Someone recommend me a fancy OD that isn't a TS9.

What's that Misha faggot hawking these days?

How do you feel about the Starla?

Do metal players use "overdrive"? I thought they'd need like, heavy distortion.

Never mind, I found the tab in the big tab torrent. Is there any way to get the lyrics to appear on the sheet music in guitar pro 6?

Not keen

What's the best way to make my attack quieter? I'm trying to record some quiet post rock stuff, and whenever I play lightly the strumming sound totally drowns out the actual notes. When I turn the volume up more it gets to the point where it's no longer quiet, which defeats the purpose. I also sometimes try to do harmonic or muted strumming for a percussive effect (think early U2) and it's extremely loud compared to the rest of what I'm playing.

I imagine a compressor would help but I'd prefer not to have to drop a hunnit on one.

Use it as a boost to tighten up your tone.

But Gibshit is pretty much known to have custom barely above the quality of Chinese no name guitars.
See every blind test ever including Gibshit customs.

do you not like the TS9 by itself or do you not like it and all of its clones?
If it's the first, get a Maxon OD 808 (just a better TS9 clone)
If it's the second, I personally like the Horizon Devices Precision Drive

Reverse your recording, learn to play this, then record and reverse that.

Bax bangeetar But really don't know why you would ever need a pedal when playing metal. Just buy a decent fucking amp

He's started a pedal company featuring the Precision Drive, seems pretty cool. He's also shilling the Peavey Invective with a built in overdrive that I'd like to try

Change your shitty amp then

What dio you guys think about MIJ CAR Fender Mustangs?

Thinking of buying one for reasons....

I like the TS9, but I feel like I may be missing out/limiting myself.

The precision drive looks neat. Although it would make my ISP Decimator redundant.

>Need an OD
>Need an ISP decimator

What kind of Chinese amp are you playing on ?
A metal amp should always have 2 channel and they come with integrated noise gate since fucking 2005

I like how the invective is almost twice the price of a 6505+ ($1000 vs $1900). It better not be made in fucking China.

Is that a yea or a nay?

Thiccer strings, might want to try cutting the midrange unless it damages your Tone

I'm also a fan of the DOD overdrive preamp 250

>Literally just buy a Tubescreamer and put a Decimator noise gate in the effects loop of your 6505

boom Invective for the $1200-1300 instead of $1900

I always laugh when I see some dumb shit buy a cheap guitar and immediately start "upgrading" it. They usually start by asking for replacement pickup suggestions. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with? I'll tell you why: because you don't know what the fuck you're doing and you have no clue what the fuck you're after. You bought some retarded piece of shit because of how it looked in a picture on the internet and then when you got it home and actually played it ..it sounded and played like straight up ass. So you started "upgrading" it instead of admitting to yourself that you don't know shit and made a mistake, or that the guitars construction was so shitty that you didn't have any other choice but to "upgrade" it to make it a playable instrument. Here's the thing though: you could have just saved all the time and money you sank/wasted into "upgrading" a piece of shit and just bought a decent guitar to begin with. You bedroom warriors are a hilarious lot, watching you flail about trying to polish turds into diamonds. If a diamond is what you wanted why didn't you just go out and buy a diamond to begin with?

Because you're fucking stupid, that's why.

>That faceplate

looks like Little Tikes decided to make a death etal amp

I wonder if AXE-FXs will go on sale en masse on eBay once the invective drops.

Who hurt you user
Was is that big bad PRS man?

Maxon od-808

Comparing shitsticks to shitsticks, m8. PRS SE is as bad as cheap Gibsons. Pro tip: if you want a budget guitar don't buy it from a company that specializes in $2,500+ instruments.

It has a bit more extras than just those two. The actually decent clean channel and the fact you can get good saturation at bedroom levels is pretty neat. Plus the midi I/O, 500mA power supply, and mic sim DI (which sounds like shit, but still)

It's got a lot of good extra shit

Did this come from a video or something? I really want to see this guy knocking on wood and going wew.

CAR is ugly and you will regret it. Get a color you can live with.

Not really sure what this means.

>check out this clean tone
>*reverb to 10*
>Listen to that wood resonate!

what do you not understand
there's a midi in for the footswitch controls and a midi out for whatever's being controlled

>Designed and Engineered in the USA.

>you can get good saturation at bedroom levels is pretty neat

What do you mean by this? I have a 6505mh and it can turn down to 1 watt and saturate at bedroom levels, but it kinda sounds shittier does this have something different?

>500mA power supply
I had forgot about that, one of the coolest features I have seen on an amp in a while

Couldn't disagree with you more, the SEs are absolutely insane bang to buck ratio.

post fap material

gg/ you all know if price wasn't a concern you wouldn't walk into a music store with the intentions of buying a nice guitar and walk out with an epiphone or a squier
just accept that you can't afford a nice guitar and get over it
stop trying to invent any legitimate reason why you bought some chink shitplank
you bought it because you're all poor and that's the best you could afford
there's no shame in it unless you know you could have done better for yourself

IMO pearloid pickguards are gaudy/tacky. So is flamed, quilted or bird's eye maple.

Pretty much this, yeah.

I would Jizz all over that daily

youtube.com/watch?v=vtEw8JLQBgg

Skip to 2:46

I don't like fender but I must admit that ALL of their elite tier metallic paint are fucking SICK

>chink shit
BUY BUY BUY

>Dio
No. I will not.

I think MIJs are not bad, but are you sure you like Mustangs? Have you ever played one?

Reminder that if you own a 24in scale length guitar you are a fucking baby who play's jangle pop and whose fingers are so frail they can't even bend 9's on a les paul to a full step

Reminder that if you don't play 8 strings baritone with 13-68 you aren't actually human.

this but a 7 string and unironically

What do I need to sound like siamese dream?
>inb4 talent

Strat + Big Muff + full stack + a good engineer and producer is my completely uneducated guess.