Where does heat go?

Where does heat go?

Think about it. The sun is constantly giving us more heat. For billions of years we've been receiving huge amounts of heat on a daily basis. Where does all the heat go?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamic_equilibrium
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does it just radiate off into space? Why does it radiate off at the same rate it comes in?

um what is energetic flow of stars energy..... you trippin

The universe has the same amount of energy/heat that it had at the big bang, but is constantly expanding.
As mass is converted into energy, ergo fusion/fission reactions, the energy is radiated.
As a rule of thumb, energy travels from an area of high concentration to low concentration to try to attain an equilibrium. Imagine pouring a glass of hot water into a tub of cold water. The temperature will eventually be the same throughout the tub.
Imagine that, in space. Areas with high concentrations of mass = high energy
Areas with low concentrations of mass = low energy.

When the sun goes down night comes and the cool air dissipates all the heat.

Because thermal equilibrium has been reached (mostly).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

That has little to do with op's question

and please keep your pedophile cartoons on Sup Forums

OP samefagging the shit out of his own thread.
>shittily

And its basically what this asshole wasted 2 hours typing.

That and thermal equilibrium.

I meant thermodynamic* equilibrium

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamic_equilibrium

I'm not OP you filthy weebshit

Plants convert that energy into chemical energy (bonds).

/thread

Typed that up in 2 minutes, tops.
It's basic thermodynamics though: high energy to low energy.

Into space?

It bounces off the Earth and returns to space

It does, because if heat radiated off into space faster than it came in, then the Earth would cool down. When the Earth cooled down, it wouldn't radiate heat as fast. If heat radiated off into space more slowly than it came in, then the Earth would heat up, and that would cause heat to radiate off faster.

Lol it's funny. I got distracted by the tv show I was watching and I haven't posted at all. I felt bad for neglecting the thread I created. I forgot that I made it, but I wasn't missed I guess

Can we build something to keep the heat from leaving? Like mirrors?

Mirrors aren't real.

That's more the opposite. Energy is conserved. That sounds like heat stays forever. The earth should be incredibly hot.

Then how can my eyes be real?