Earth Sucks

Reminder that there are whole star systems out there where the planetary inhabitants probably already know what it's like to visit completely different worlds and meet truly alien, alternately evolved lifeforms because they happen live only a few weeks or months away from each other (or days depending on the technology).

They're conducting space trade as we speak and having actual dialogue and blowing each others' minds with how radically different they are from each other while unlocking the secrets behind what universally binds all self-aware beings.

They're already learning how to fuck one another and go on epic Mass Effect-scale adventures.

They're watching and laughing at single-habitable world systems like ours RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

being jealous of aliens is more retarded than alt-right

You know for a genetically perfect human Miranda has surprisingly small boobs

small boobs are good for the back and posture

The confused the face genetics with a dog's sample in the laboratory too.

The Fermi paradox is testament to the fact that interstellar travel is impossible.
We'll peak with the colonization of our own solar system and then decline.

In all seriousness I started to think that if there really is life out there, after so many billions of years why have they never made it to us. And I don't mean alien mystery bullshit on TV because if was truly possible it would have been evident throughout history but since that isn't true then I've come to think that maybe we really are the only life there is.

Fermi paradox itself is based on hypothetical variables.

It also doesn't apply to civilizations on habitable worlds located within the same star system.

The planets are way too close to the star and are likely to be tidally locked which makes life on those planets somewhat unlikely.

If we met aliens they'd probably be weird incomprehensible blobs anyway.

The Fermi paradox is simple observation.

>white woman
>black man
>no white men

everytime

Just like Sweden then?

Did the European man stop at Egypt because they were too afraid to venture into the Jungle? no. The Fermi paradox is for cucks.

just like America.

It's probably nothing and those worlds are barren irradiated husks. Shouldn't we get some signals from them by now if they are only 40 years away?

Or maybe we're just the Old Ones. You can't just start evolving as soon as first planet forms, you have to get some heavier elements available first.

the white woman is also made of artificially modified white man's genes.

daydreaming about interstellar travel is for people who suck at pyhsics and math

people were saying the same thing about flying you know

do you even know how relativity actually works

>Or maybe we're just the Old Ones.
That's just a variation of the god of the gaps argument. Hoping for some highly improbable freak chance is as dumb as playing lotto.

>You can't just start evolving as soon as first planet forms, you have to get some heavier elements available first.
Our sun is a third generation star. Heavy elements have been around for billions of years.

Good thing I dont have to settle with just daydreaming about your mum.

Some people do actually win lotto m8

But think about it. Do they have memes? Do they have our specific type of memes? Do you think they can win a meme war against us? No they don't and can't. We are the ultimate civilization.

>people were saying the same thing about flying you know
Back in the day they didn't understand much about physics. In our age we can't hope to invent entirely new physics. It's already very telling that Einstein left Newtonian physics intact and only relegated it to being a special case when speeds are low. Any new physics will keep Newton and Einstein intact.

>do you even know how relativity actually works
do you even know how much energy it takes to travel at relativistic speeds?

Yes, and this is how advertising works. To hope that YOU win lotto is just being irrational. And that's exactly what it means to hope that YOU are the Old Ones.

>do you even know how much energy it takes to travel at relativistic speeds?
a lot.

you're the one talking about hope lad. Just because the chances are slim doesn't mean it's impossible.
And in a way we already did win the lotto by making appearance in first place, and then not being wiped out by an extinction event, natural or self-inflicted.

>Just because the chances are slim doesn't mean it's impossible.
You could say the same about a car passing through a wall unharmed by utilizing the tunnel effect. Just because the probability is above zero doesn't mean it happens.

>freak car teleportation
Maybe it does happen but only gets media coverage in some mystery tabloids if even that, as the observed result could be explained by more credible explanations or dismissed out of hand.

We like our world predictable after all.

>Any new physics will keep Newton and Einstein intact.
Sure, but just like you said as special cases of a more general theory. And in this more general theory, all sorts of weird and useful effects could happen, similar to superconductivity in QM.

>Maybe
Maybe you keep inventing stuff because you don't liek reality, like ancient humans invented religions for fear of death.

Interstellar travel is impossible because
a) the go slow approach doesn't work as technical equipment doesn't last that long, which is why we didn't encounter alien Von-Neumann-Probes or hibernation ships or generation ships
b) the go fast approach doesn't work because of the humongous energy demands of traveling at relativistic speeds, which is why we didn't encounter those kinds of aliens
c) FTL is impossible because there's no Alcubierre drive, because there's no negative energy and Einstein stands and will stand even if we discover new laws of physics.

Deal with it. Our own solar system is as far as we'll get. The universe is extraordinarily big and empty.

Yeah but you seem to be underestimating the broad range of phenomena that Einstein covers already. Speed of light will remain the speed limit of our universe as will the exponential rise in energy demand when approaching it.

Chest tumours are fucking disgusting, user. A genetically perfect female wouldn't age beyond 12 or 13 years.

Just the other day as I was traveling home I was thinking to myself how we're still in the god damned stone age. Still stuck on this fucking stupid rock. Still dying from stupid fucking viruses and bacteria. Still living less than 100 years on average. Still killing one another we squabble over imaginary sky dads and pieces of said rock.

Those are all nice justifications of your beliefs, but you still base them on assumptions and can only prove them by referencing fermi paradox. It's fine, it's a valid worldview, although your certitude is based on your feelings and faith, not actual knowledge.

>deal with it
Oh don't worry about me, I'm dealing with the way things are just fine.

Although if in a thousand years humanity is playing pranks on undeveloped primitives at barnard's star, I'll track you down in afterlife and mock you.

Earth could already be part of an interstellar empire and we as the average citizens don't have to know about it.

>is based on your feelings and faith, not actual knowledge.
The Fermi paradox is simple observation, i.e. an objective, empirical fact. Just like the observation that there's no bearded man in the sky watching over us. You may invent the most outlandish theories why that man still exists and conveniently push that beyond the current means of proving or disproving it, pathetically making him the god of the gaps. But in the end he really just doesn't exist.

If we're rating humanity on its progress towards even achieving Type I civilization status, we'd be about half a percentage point there.

We're not even out of the gate.

What are you talking about? We are currently around 0.7. It's not a percentage point, 1.0 would be type I civ, so we are around 70%

Lack of alien visitors (or any other poorf of their existence) doesn't mean that interstellar travel is impossible, it might also mean that emergence of life or emergence of intelligence are extremely rare events.

>70%

No.

>wanting smelly aliens in your solar system

VIGILO CONFIDO

That's what NASA said. They also said the planets don't rotate, so one side is in constant darkness while the other side is in constant daylight.

There's no reason to assume that in light of the evicence that there're literally billions of worlds like our own in our galaxy alone and life is a constant process to evolving ever more complex structures.

>Trappist
Full of alien traps and boipucci, I might say. Do want.

>tfw no space Sup Forums to watch Martian posters bully those cucks from Venus or Pluto bantered for being >a >fucking >planetoid

Potential for human level intelligence existed at least since dinosaurs yet it only emerged prtetty early early.

Also, we know next to nothing about how life actually come to be. For all we know, the probability of such event might be extremely unlikely.

and Belgian beer

>Potential for human level intelligence existed at least since dinosaurs yet it only emerged prtetty early early.
>Also, we know next to nothing about how life actually come to be. For all we know, the probability of such event might be extremely unlikely.
As always: put it in perspective. 100 million years isn't much in a universe whose age is 2 orders of magnitude older and contains billions of billions of stars. It just requires one civilization capable of easily traveling to the stars for everybody not capable to take notice.

>after so many billions of years why have they never made it to us

I don't think you really appreciate the insane distances between things in space