How would it effect people and careers if doctor dre came out said that him and nwa where only pretending to be...

How would it effect people and careers if doctor dre came out said that him and nwa where only pretending to be gangsters?

Sometimes I get the impression that Dr Dre actually hates the music he makes but does it for the money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RT9O-pUGsVM
youtube.com/watch?v=q8tSTCoIVZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They never said they were all gangsters, they just made songs about gangsters and acted like them. Also, Eazy E and Ice Cube actually were serious criminals. Everyone knew they were putting on an image but they were close enough to being gangsters to be worthy representatives of that culture

>effect

>They never said they were all gangsters
they basically did when they do songs about robbing, dealing drugs and shooting others

Dre is honestly just a fucking hack who's stolen production credits for years from the likes of Daz, Sam Sneed, and Scott Storth without properly crediting or paying them. Not to mention the ghost writers he didn't properly pay or credit like J-Flexx.

He's easily the biggest hack in the entirety of rap.

Yeah but you should be able to separate the art from the artist. Telling stories from others' points of view is exceedingly common in rap, as is incorporating hyperbole. If we had to believe everything rappers say then apparently they'd all be getting sucked off 3 times a day and taking Scrooge McDuck money baths

>they'd all be getting sucked off 3 times a day and taking Scrooge McDuck money baths

There are people ON Sup Forums RIGHT NOW that actually believe this to be true

Dr. Dre wasn't a gangsta, not like that's something bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=RT9O-pUGsVM

>there are hardcore dope dealing gangsters that became multi-platinum recording artists/producers
>there are guys who watched hardcore dope dealing gangsters and became multi-platinum recording artists/producers
>there are people who never watched nor partook in hardcore dope dealing gangster shit but still emulated the lifestyle to become multi-platinum recording artists/producers
then there are fucking dipshits like Lil Uzi/21 Savage and the brainless drones that pay for their shit

do you see the pattern here?

"This is a gang. And i'm it." Well technically NWA itself is a gang

braggadocio is inherent but storytelling is not, and when you do tell a story of something illegal happening you assume the artist is involved in some way shape or form

Go listen to some Geto Boys songs and tell me that they must've really done all the stuff they told stories about

Also, they were definitely involved in some way shape or form...Eazy E was an actual gangster. But the rest of the members weren't as sketchy as him and that's fine

ghostface has a rhyme where he says "my career's based on guns throwing cats in wheelchairs"

all I will say is there it a lot more to this shit than just words

Dr. Dre seems like the kind of dude that probably at least tried to go thug at point but was held back by his suspect past of making gay 80 funk fusions for suspect underground artists.

That's probably why he beat on women so much.

I fuck with the idea that he might've at least thought about flipping a brick or two throughout his career. lol.

Ice Cube was? I thought it was just E?

Evidence pls this is interesting

Feels like most rappers are just too busy being musically inclined and into making rap to also be gangsters. Being a gangster is a very hard and time consuming activity. Just riding around with the squad takes up like at least 30% of your time.

Lol.

Yeah Ice Cube was just a regular kid from the hood who could write rhymes well. He actually went to college for a year in Arizona before he came back to LA and started rapping. I remember watching some old interview where he was asked if he ever shot anyone and he said no, although he admitted to carrying a gun a couple of times.

Also Dr. Dre is gay. The rumors have been out there for ages, and just look at how manly his wife looks. That niggas gay
youtube.com/watch?v=q8tSTCoIVZg

Not that it makes any difference but I heard that rumor about a lot of rappers, 50 Cent, Eminem, Will Smith
Who cares though

Also Dr. Dre probably never smoke weed

Yeah, I don't understand why being a "studio gangster" is a bad thing?

What;s wrong with just being an entertainer.

Rap is just like professional wrestling and you should treat it as such, you'll enjoy it more that way.

IT'S A TRAP!
I'm sorry but that was a little too easy.

Is't it funny how the guy who was an actual gangster is the same guy who caused all the trouble for the group.

Who would'a thought.

I saw an interview where he is showing his parents house and it actually seems like he had decent parents.

Nothing wrong with it. Drakes obviously not a gangster, but he's also obviously talented and never tried to claim he was outside some bad music videos or lyrics. But Dre never denied it and hasn't backed it up outside of being mean looking and being born in the hood.

dr dre was in world class wreckin cru
ice cube was at college in arizona for architecture or some shit
and mc ren and eazy e were fucking bitches

pretty sure the only one around them in a gang was snoop a crip who got involved in a shady shooting case, and suge knight who was a blood well we know what suge was about.

He reeks of AIDS

This. What makes the Hip Hop universe so entertaining is that it's kind of like the WWE universe except that there is a small minority of people who aren't acting and are legitimately dangerous, which gives the conflicts some real element of excitement and suspense. Conflicts in rap range from 100% manufactured disney studio shit (Drake vs Meek etc) to actual, murderous savagery (any Chicago beef, Bobby Shmurda etc). You never really who or what is and isn't real in rap until something crazy happens.

Yup, but generally you won't see the rappers that really are about that life getting big commercial success

brownsville NY and detroit beefs tend to be pretty crazy as well