Serious question for Christians:

Serious question for Christians:

Define 'God'

No? No one can tell me what God is? Even though you religious nuts are constantly referring to it, no one can say what it is.

niggerfaggot

The answer is in the Bible not on Sup Forums you trollfuck

Well I got you to answer, you newfag!

Pepe.

I am God. But I know that answer will not satisfy you.

How about you define yourself then.

>Universe and everything in it

So God is everything?

Can you narrow it down? Is God all matter? All energy? If energy, what wavelengths? Is God all living things? Even the bacteria in my yogurt? You can't just say 'Universe and everything in it' because that doesn't explain anything

I did. The universe you see around you is the result. You just need to learn to read it.

i guess the most simple answer would be 'creator'

or creator of the universe etc

Well that's a pretty handy word.

God is failsafe, if shit goes south it wasn't my god that did it, it was yours. My god is awesome

So God is the Big Bang?

OP Here. God seems to be nothing more than a construct of the human mind. This explains how it's devout 'believers' will use anything to explain this invisible, intangible force, but in reality, they are describing a shared hallucination or fantasy. "God" is merely a function of the human subconscious.

OP got cucked by his girlfriend and is now edging out to keep himself from crying.

You didn't explain shit you fucking retard. Now, back up your other fucktarded statement by giving me a specific example "How I need to learn to read the universe". Also, explain explain how I would see your version of God without you first explaining it to me, and also explain how the God is not just in your mind. Why don't you post a picture of God? Don't forget to timestamp.

>tfw 'god' is just the delusions of mentally-ill mentally-inferior halfwits... and you realise they can't be cured and they're going to have to be gassed by the million before the human species can proceed into the cosmos, its rightful place.

Athiests are cowards
>We don't believe in this

Agnostics are even bigger cowards
>We don't know if we believe in this

NIHILIST MASTER RACE
> Religion is bullshit, go fuck yourself

Everyone is agnostic. Why don't people recognize this?

yeah thats the idea. except the big bang doesnt exist in this belief system, God exists in its place. Those are the two most prominent schools of thought on the matter (i think)

beginning of it all = a Creator OR big bang

personally i like to attribute the possibility of them being one and the same like you put it.

Lol faggot, if I had a gf I wouldn't be wasting time here. I don't understand what "cucked" or "edging" mean in the way you used those words.
Philosophical thinking runs in my family, and now I have some time off from work, so I'm trying to find an answer to the most meaningful question I could think of. Not sure why I asked it here though, because the people here are WAY more retarded than I remember.

Enough people identify as "Agnostic" that it has left the formal definition of the word behind. Why do people hold onto bullshit meanings that are no longer relevant?

the supreme personality
superpower: never fails at anything

A magical anthropomorphic immortal, primarily spiritual being

Maybe it's all in your head?

So... an expansion of space-time sent its son jesus via a rape-ghost to be born to a cuck carpenter in smelly-armpitland back in antiquity... and that's why you have to send $20 to a shouting guy on ustv?

Tell me more, user.

You sure they're the same thing?

That's a fair point. I'm just saying that nobody actually knows which makes everyone agnostic.

; )

>waits 4 minutes
>chimps out

I'm really looking forward to The One World Religion, it's should make all you dumbass religious retards stop fighting each other.

>most threads disappear after 5 minutes of no replies

Language evolving is fine, if it's not making redundant new words or changing the definition of old words to make them more confusing.

Atheist and theist is all you really need. The "new" definition of agnostic supposedly means you don't know - think about how fucking retarded that is. Nobody knows, and the only people who ever claimed they did were the Gnostics (hence the word). And they knew there was a god through divine revelation. How would a Gnostic atheist know? Does god appear to people and say, "Hey buddy, I don't exist!"

It's so stupid it hurts.

If you want to stay a mental midget and are just looking for a simplistic explanation to ease your mind, then go talk to a priest or someone similar. Otherwise learn to read.

I could give you a definition

I'M the mental midget here?! You're the one who worships a non-existant sky wizard and his zombie son. I do want a simplistic explanation. Are you too stupid to give me one? I will ask you again: Define God.
Can you prove it's not just in your head?

lol no

your question, remove "an expansion of space-time' and 'that's why you have to send $20 to a shouting guy on ustv?" (seriously what??)

and replace your meme power words, biased tone and leading language and it might make a decent question.

Which part defeated your comprehension skills, user?

Not up to me to define a
God. You make the assumption that a God exists so it's on you to define that God.

Do so...

universe already includes everything in it. this is a non-standard definition though, theists generally think of god as beyond the universe.

Why should an atheist define the christian god for the christcucks?
Make sense, bwa.

Read the thread again. Carefully. See what I stated. Nowhere did I claim to believe in anything. Again, learn to read, but start with English, then try the universe.

Explain gravity, i'll wait

first they came for the atheist...

Where... beyond... the... universe?
What part of the universe isn't in the universe, 89IQ?

all of it, it was so horrible.

>>not chimping out

You sure are quick to implode, Wayne

Following Hawking, God is everything w/o our universum, which started to exist with the Big Bang and God is what remains after our universum contracts. yet, time exists only inside our universum

not the user you responded to, but the point of saying everything i guess is not to narrow it down. pantheism differs from atheism in the attitude towards everything: seeing it as sacred, and possibly possessed of some kind of intelligence, usually superhuman and awesome

An effect caused by the curvature of space-time due to mass.

You're welcome.

"define god"
"can you prove its not just in your head?"

separate statement and question they are not one in the same.

people have already given you the definition of God in this thread, you couldve just looked it up in the dictionary. you legit sound like a teenager.

no nobody can prove anything that's why its about faith, and why a debate exists in the first place and why there isn't one universally accepted belief system.

That's what i said. Bwa.

But it did. An answer was given, and you moved right past it like a pretentious, wet, flapping douchebag. Try again, this time not as lonely

Massive objects are attracted to each other in a mathematically describable and repeatable manner, but that's not important right now.

The only one who can judge me.

Try again, this time using the skill called 'reading'.

>>no gf
>>doesnt understand God
>>doesnt understand love

Good luck dying alone ya mental midget

Your god is your parole officer?

not a christian but here's a try:
the reason everything that has, had, or will ever happen

pathetic.

We all die alone, son.... unless you're into yelling allah akbar.

Thank you! If OP cant get this, then he must be underage and b&

I summon mods

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me.

sort of

so god is some islamic fanatic self destructing in a crown of innocent people?

god is some rare and horrific genetic disease?

god is that drop of piss that you can never quite shake off which uncomfortably moistens your underwear?

god is not replying to this post so your mother dies in her sleep tonight?

doesnt sound very sacred to me

>>like this one should've

Easy!

God is the greatest conceivable being.

His attributes are many, but if you need a simple philosophical definition, it would be that.

You're good at this 'presenting arguments to support your case' bit of the art of rhetoric, aren't ya sonny?

Where did you learn your theology? Walmart?

Now provide proof, not an example of the effects

I'll wait

I would like a clear answer as well;

Is god a human like us? Are they a man or woman? If one, why not the other?

Is it a spirit?

Is it the force of nature?

Is it a mere adjective when trying to show aggressiveness by shouting GODdamn?

Only on Tuesdays

>greatest conceivable being
I'm god?

But if he's capable of creating a rock too heavy for him to lift... he cannot be all-powerful. And if he can't, similarly, he cannot be all-powerful either.

Which is he?

Hilarious and original, here's your medal

Easy. Jump. Did you fall back to the ground or fly off into space? That's gravity.

The answer is yes to all.

God is truly mysterious and awesome :^)

Personal incredulity

Thats you right there buddy boy

Drop something.
Time its fall. Measure the height you dropped it from.
There is your proof.
Congrats.
Welcome to reality...

No.
No.
No.
No.
See

The results of the examples are the proof
Are you really THAT retarded?

Inb4 ontological argument and begging the question.

No, thats an example of gravity. What does a gravity particle or wavelength look like? Got anything other than examples?

no part of the universe is not in the universe, obviously, and if you define the universe as everything that exists then there's nothing else by definition, but the usual way of thinking of the universe is something like our spacetime continuum or anything that causally interacts with the material which we can detect. so this leaves various conceptions for something being beyond the universe, including alternate or parallel universes, mother universes within which we exist as a simulation, or something utterly beyond our comprehension and experience. there are plenty of possibilities.

89IQ, hehe good one

Did you present an argument I am incredulous of?
I must have missed it.
Repeat it.

The fact that you're not floating away from your chair is proof enough.

Couldnt that be said about God? An unseen force with profound effects on people and things

not christian but suppose to be a guy who is everywhere, knows your "sins" has a son named jesus. if the person is good then he goes to heaven but do sins goes to hell.

People who say god is everything are lazy idiots. Come up with something better.

>implying something isn't real because you don't know every conceivable detail of its inner workings
Do you think that your body doesn't exist because we don't know every single detail of its inner workings down to the quantum level and beyond?

You think gravity is a wave? Or a particle?
How does that work, user?

I told you it was an effect of curved space-time.

Do you have a new theory?
Great... present it to us.

> teleports behind you
> insert 'heh, nothing personal kid'

Sup Forumsible, dummy.

That greentext can be said about God. Ill let you sit and think for a minute

Like Santa... but only gives presents when you dead?

use a piece of paper to wipe the drop of piss off, kid

you can't define the universum as everything that exists because this is not math.
you don't know what is outside space

The question is absurd, because first of all God is not subject to the laws of gravity and is not himself a physical being, so he doesn't need to exert "extra strength" to "lift" anything up.

Second of all, I know what you're getting at, which is a paradox of omnipotence, but it's very simple to answer by saying that God simply cannot do that which is logically impossible, because it doesn't make sense.

For example, can God create a married bachelor or a square circle? The question is just an absurd combination of words and such a thing cannot exist.

Also, God cannot act contrary to his own nature, for example doing something like creating another God just like him and then fall down and worship him. I think that's logically contradictory anyway, because both cannot be the greatest conceivable beings at the same time.