Who is the ........... Of Classical music?

Who is the:
>Pink Floyd
>Black Sabbath
>Bealtes
>Madvillain
>Kanye West
>Rolling Stones
>Nutral Milk Hotel
Of Classical music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7PzbJk7kBY
soundcloud.com/dicklegs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who is the Mozart of Classical music?

Bumping for an actual answer

I'm interested too

>Kanye West
Nobody, he is above music genres.

Beatles

Sorry to inform you, but all of those musicians performed music heavily inspired by post-african repetitions, so they can't be related to classical music.

Grimes

youtube.com/watch?v=I7PzbJk7kBY

Kanye West

None of these musicians make academic music, they have no corollary.

>Pink Floyd - Debussy
>Black Sabbath - Mussorsky
>Bealtes - Mozart
>Madvillain - Britten
>Kanye West - Satie
>Rolling Stones - Haydn
>Nutral Milk Hotel - Kozeluch

>he honestly thinks this.

>None of these musicians make academic music
Mozart didn't make academic music, it was only called that after the fact. Paul McCartney and Tony Iommi have both made classical-like works.

>Pink Floyd
>Black Sabbath
>Bealtes
>Madvillain
>Kanye West
>Rolling Stones
>Nutral Milk Hotel

Hacks who composed minuets in the 19th century.

Who is the Captain Beefheart of classical music?

Boulez.

>Pink Floyd - Shostakovich
Variety of different influences, both have popular works that are overrated and not as popular works that are pretty fucking genius.

>Black Sabbath - Liszt
Mainly because of Mephisto Waltz. Occult themes, with a groovier, heavier feel than typical classical music works. I guess Liszt's Faust symphony would be another good example as well.

>Beatles - Gershwin
Combined what were at their respective times aspects of high art and low art through which they changed music culture forever for better and worse.

>Madvillain - Moondog
Character based artists who also took what were at their time very weird approaches to composing in their respective fields.

>Kanye West - Julius Eastman
Black guy with crazy mental problems makes music with minimalist foundation but also with a dense, "maximalist" feeling with themes ranging from being a sad piece of shit to holy/spiritual/religious stuff to the plight of the black man. Often politically incorrect as well, and cultural game changers in their fields (Kanye was middle class polo guy that wasn't a common image in rap, Eastman was a poor black dude instead of a rich white posh boojie guy doing minimalist classical stuff).

>Rolling Stones - Mozart
Music not as complex as the others that they share the pedestal with, but still good stuff. More focus on something more straightforward coming from party people personalities to instill that very same feeling.

>Neutral Milk Hotel - Satie
Very simplistic when observed through conventional music theory, but well known for their own quirky musical aesthetic.

I second Boulez, particularly his earlier stuff. There's often a lot to pick up on, but it gets disregarded into memery due to how much the listener is attacked by all at once.

Very nice comparisons.

Neither did any of the classical composers - while they were still alive and composing. Music only becomes academic after it gets old, and the only people left who care about it are members of academia. That's literally what saying something is "academic" means.

>implying any classical faggots whose ambition is to make music for bourgeois assholes could make art like Neutral Milk Hotel

That's genuinely cute. Now scurry off to your containment thread.

checked

very nice

stop being a faggot

It's just genuinely funny that you think any of them made art.

Classical music is """art""" in the same way rococo paintings are """art""".

Pop music is "art" in the same way diaper commercials are "art".

s u b j e c t i v e

>implying NMH has ever made pop music
That's pretty cute.
Yeah, subjective as in the only people who consider classical art are people who will never make anything of artistic value ever.

I know very little about classical but I just checked out Julius Eastman because I like kanye. He's pretty good thanks for the rec

>Yeah, subjective as in the only people who consider classical art are people who will never make anything of artistic value ever.
That's actually a really good point. If you happen to believe that only long dead dead people can make true art, where does that leave you?

>>implying NMH has ever made pop music
>During the 1990s a genius of pop music came out of the musically depressed lands of Louisiana: no, not Britney Spears, but Jeff Mangum, the man behind Neutral Milk Hotel, soon destined to become one of the leaders of the pop renaissance with Apples In Stereo and Olivia Tremor Control.

ok buddy

NMH is pop, technically...

>>implying NMH has ever made pop music
Yeah, they really changed the world, with their teen lyrics, standards 4 chords progression in C major and stard instrumentation. So... revolutionary...

>Classical music is """art""" in the same way rococo paintings are """art"""

God, you're probably the stupidest person on this board.

who is the charles globe of classical;soundcloud.com/dicklegs
like who did the most ancient xanax and maDE stoner trap

How so?

>with their teen lyrics
How is abstract imagery about Anne Frank for teenagers?

>>During the 1990s a genius of pop music came out of the musically depressed lands of Louisiana: no, not Britney Spears, but Jeff Mangum, the man behind Neutral Milk Hotel, soon destined to become one of the leaders of the pop renaissance with Apples In Stereo and Olivia Tremor Control.
Whom are you quoting?

Piero Scaruffi rates albums. He puts a number (out of ten because the classic 4 star rating system wasn't enough for his ego) to art. He hasn't a clue. Okay, though.

He also considers The Modern Dance avant garde. Go listen to that album.
Wrong, ITAOTS is the only album which could be considered pop as in it became popular over the past decade. However, Jeff Mangum created it out of the intent for art (mainly for his peers in the Elephant 6 project), which is why he subsequently disappeared and refused to release music under the Neutral Milk Hotel moniker besides releasing songs created prior to ITAOTS on Ferris Wheel.
>teen lyrics
If you're implying ITAOTS has teen lyrics, you're really hurt by my mocking of classical music or just delusional. On Avery Island has borderline teen lyrics, but that's the exception.
>Standard 4 chord progression
As in Jeff Mangum's guitar playing? Or do you not consider the voice an instrument? Go acclaim Thomas Tallis though.
>standard instrumentation
I don't think a single band from the first wave of Elephant 6 bands had anything close to standard instrumentation.
And coming from people who defend musicians who refused to use percussion/timpani in their music (Probably because we don't want to upset the King).

>I don't think a single band from the first wave of Elephant 6 bands had anything close to standard instrumentation.
The Gerbils, The Minders, Secret Square

>However, Jeff Mangum created it out of the intent for art (mainly for his peers in the Elephant 6 project), which is why he subsequently disappeared and refused to release music under the Neutral Milk Hotel moniker besides releasing songs created prior to ITAOTS on Ferris Wheel.
Right, he just released it under his own name or Korena Pang

None of which have standard instrumentation. Maybe standard for traditional eastern European folk music, but not for "pop" bands.

>None of which have standard instrumentation
Guitar/bass/drums/vocals are not standard instrumentation?

can you rec me some early boulez stuff?

What's your point?
Horns, winds, and harmonicas are standard instrumentation?

not possible cause all classical sounds the same :)

Do you think that you will appreciate those lyrics in your 50s? Please

>If you're implying ITAOTS has teen lyrics, you're really hurt by my mocking of classical music or just delusional. On Avery Island has borderline teen lyrics, but that's the exception.
I may have not been specific enough. Pretentious tumblr teen lyrics should cut it.

>As in Jeff Mangum's guitar playing? Or do you not consider the voice an instrument?
Jeff does not use his voice as an instrument, nor he is he trained to do so. He is no Tim Buckley.

>I don't think a single band from the first wave of Elephant 6 bands had anything close to standard instrumentation.
Dude, it's acoustic guitars strummed in the most cliche-y way, sometimes they put some drones and maybe a trumpets in the chorus.
It's a pop-folk song recorded badly. Nothing bad with it, but don't pretend that it is anything special. The only thing that saved the album were the lyrics, and they're only good when yoj compare them to the US indie scene of the '90s. If you consider folk at large they become decent at best.

>Horns, winds, and harmonicas are standard instrumentation?
They only use trumpets and harmonicss, which are nothing new in folk music.
Even the dynamics of those instruments stick closely to the genre standards.

Say the dude who listens to music with just 4 different chords.

>Horns, winds, and harmonicas are standard instrumentation?
On Girbils, Minders and Secret Square?

What songs?
>What's your point?
it couldn't have intended to be art

>pretentious tumblr teen lyrics
Provide me with the lyrics from ITAOTS which are "pretentious tumblr teen" lyrics.
Then give me lyrics which you consider great.
Although we both know you said that because you were hurt by me making fun of classical music, and then you resorted to a generic insult.
>does not use voice as an instrument
That doesn't make sense once again. Don't respond if you're just disgruntled.
>don't pretend it's anything special
Oh it's special alright. Sorry if you're just another "music nerd" on mu who has a standard definition of what they consider music and what they consider art (which you obviously do).

You can respond but, I'm not going to reply.

>Do you think that you will appreciate those lyrics in your 50s? Please
There were people in their 50s at the Neutral Milk Hotel shows I saw.

Nice try though
>Jeff does not use his voice as an instrument,
The voice is an instrument, and he uses his voice. Hence it's used as an instrument
>Dude, it's acoustic guitars strummed in the most cliche-y way, sometimes they put some drones and maybe a trumpets in the chorus.
Nice backpedaling
>It's a pop-folk song recorded badly
How was it recorded badly?
>If you consider folk at large they become decent at best.
But you just said they were a pop band. Why would you compare a pop band to a folk band?

who is the most spork composer of non-modern classical music?
haydn?

>There were people in their 50s at the Neutral Milk Hotel shows I saw.
Pathetic.

>The voice is an instrument, and he uses his voice. Hence it's used as an instrument
It technically is, but when people talk about voice used as an instrument they mean another way of singing, I've mentioned one singer that fit that criteria (Tim Buckley).
That said, the melodies Mangum creates with his voice are nothing special, and usually follow istinctively the melody itself.

>Nice backpedaling
Trumpets are nothing special, and they never use the drones instrumentally, at best they put it there as a background noise.

>How was it recorded badly?
They are not the posterboys for lo-fi indie music for no reason.

>But you just said they were a pop band. Why would you compare a pop band to a folk band?
I'm not the other guy who said that they're pop. They're folk influences are evident, and they never try to run from them, quite the opposite in fact: every clichè about folk music you can think of, they're using it.

Does spork means sperg?
Personality wise: Beethoven. He probably had asperger, he was extremely antisocial, had no self-awareness when it came to social interactions (he would scream at you for no reason, and start throwing shit at parties if something was not going the way he wanted to go), had terrible hygiene and more in general he was good in nothing but in music, to which he dedicated his entire life (in both composition and theory/score studying).

For the music: most baroque composers really. The biggest name is obviously Bach. He was actually quite well-adjusted, him being a Christian family man with lots of friends and respected in his field, yet the amount of dedication and meticolousness he put into is craft is appalling. There is no score of his that could not be studied for years while still finding new details, secrets and informations.
At the end of his life he was basically a computer, able to improvise on the spot musical functions and formulas without concerning for their complexity.

>It technically is
Thanks for agreeing with me
>Trumpets are nothing special, and they never use the drones instrumentally, at best they put it there as a background noise.
Zanzithophones, bagpipes and singing saws are in rock music. Nice try
>They are not the posterboys for lo-fi indie music for no reason.
Ooops you didn't answer my question! Try again.
>every clichè about folk music you can think of, they're using it.
Which of the songs on their album are traditional numbers? If the answer isn't "all of them" then you might be mistaken

You don't understand anything about classical music

ITT: Opinion by user who can't name more than 10 classical pieces.

The three piano sonatas.