I want to start a thread about death. I think about it every day, so many times. Its coming for everyone and everything

I want to start a thread about death. I think about it every day, so many times. Its coming for everyone and everything.

That beautiful memory that has made your life? That awful memory that has cripple and demented a party of your life.. it all effects so much cause- oh wait, no it doesnt effect anything. cause nothing is nothing. happiness before nothing is nothing still and cripplin sadness i till oh wait sad before nothing but still nothing after nothing which is the onlything that will be anything is nothing. that crippling thought that has driven your life to be the way it is? nothing.

fucking drunk. feels thread, real thread... nothing thread. i only come here for the best tits so i will be posting that to bump.

drink kraken n fireball straight with mtn dew chaser

wow so many storefronts..

surely someone out there wants to talk about something.. open ears if someone wants to vent. id like to think i have a pretty good sense of intuition..

I've honestly lost motivation in doing anything anymore because i know that, despite my efforts, I will die, and that sucks. the best i can do is to make an impact on someone, to make their life a little better than it was before. i wanna leave this world better than i found it, but i now realize, in the whole scheme of things, i am just a tick, a small fly trying to move mountains.

wtf i use to be able to get a decent response from b...

pro tip
>get over yourself

Kill or be killed, now post more tittays please

thanks for the response sir...i agree that maybe a way to live, to influence x amount of ppl will give my life meaning.. i think thats one of the best ways to live.. in my opinion. if you influence x amount of lives and genuinely benefit them.. the outcome can be exponential imo..no not every case. maybe not a case in 100 years but how many beings are born with x potential but never given the y to amount for the outcome.

There are some days where I know that my efforts don't matter, because the curse is set upon humanity, and there's no turning back now.
We will fight tho.

I often try to imagine what death will be like. The helplessness of it, knowing full well that it will absolutely for sure 100% happen one day and I never know when. All that lives is born to die. What are we supposed to do with that? party hard maybe? I dunno....

please elaborate sir. im so over myself that im under myself.

i will gladly bro, stick around i know i have some goodies youll save.

survival of the fittest, you dont want it , you dont deserve it. simple, if you have ambition and take action, thats the most fufilling sensation.
winning some losing some, gotta play the game, or yknow opt out, 1 bullet cant cost that much.
your move you drunk sack of meat.

I'd be down to chat about death. I wrote up a speech for what I'd say at my ex's funeral back when we were together, broke up not too long ago and I've been looking at all of the literary shit and notes I wrote for her. I'm down to share the letter if you want, but just a heads up beforehand that it's hella religious because her family and her are baptists.

save it for your next gf

That's all true and on the one hand, we are all gonna be dead and gone sooner or later, so that sorta equalizes everything and everyone. So in that case, might as well get through it the best we can, right? If the destination is the same for everyone, but we all have power over the journey that gets us there, why not affect what we at least have power over? Not everything has to be goal-oriented, despite everything that modern capitalist education teaches us in trying to raise generations of workforce robots. Stopping to smell the roses is often nicer than not, whether or not you'll eventually be dead anyway.

death is not something we can comprehend.. cause death is eternal nothing, one cannot be nothing but merely speculate nothing... even as hard as you try, nothing is inconceivable

Humans fear the unknown and death is truly the only question without an answer

Do you long for death op?

that doesn't mean the death experience isn't something we can comprehend. the permanent phase out of consciousness scares the fuck out of me

>please elaborate sir. im so over myself that im under myself.

get over yourself as in, stop thinking your life is so precious. valuing your life is what makes you afraid of dying. obviously everyone is hardwired to try and survive. nobody wants to die. but you will. everyone will but its not a bad thing.. you need to accept your mortality bro. take pleasure in life while you can and dont waste time thinking about dumb shit like death.

get over yourself. you are not special. but you are able to experience so much amazing things in life. go out and do it already. you are wasting time

From the thumbnail I didn't think I would be able to see her pussy - I was surprised

>nothing is inconceivable

>has never meditated or tripped on drugs or had near death experience.

nothing is very much conceivable.

i fear death greatly. think of a nuke hitting your city... youre woken merely moments before this catastrophic event... seconds pass and all of a sudden, your thoughts, your dreams, your ambitions, your unique, life identifying ideas incinerate?? forever. not just a few million years. forever.

Death isn't what you think it is. You shouldn't
be scared of death. If you don't figure out why
you're here or where here is you just come back.

I think about death way to often. Except it is not an option. I wish it was. I have a responsiblitlity to my loved ones. My life sucks! I am an 18 year old and about to go to college. You may think eh what's so bad about your life you stuck up piece of shit. But no I am a prisoner to responsibility. I cannot hangout or have a good time with my buddies because I have to stay around my house to help out. I have no Fun or true happiness. My life consists of me focusing on the next issue
I must solve in order to benefit my loved ones. I have not and will not have a time in my life were I can just relax and just focus on me. I will constantly be under stress of failing those who I must protect and provide for. Fuck this shit.

until you realize that the universe is actually like a signal, it oscillates and so does everything that exists, expanding from big bang to shrinking from big crunch. The process repeats itself, and so does life, and your life, and everyone's life. You die at the same moment every time. Or do you? Are you tough enough to do it now? Or maybe that's what caused you to die last time, and every time.

and why the hell should we believe you? keep your pretty words cause you have absolutely no good reason to make that statement in any kind of declarative way

Where dem tittays at?

but you wont know.

i dont get why you are afraid.
its a scary thought i guess. but you just wont know. so its all good.

Different user now.
As death is a transition to absolutely nothing, it is an absence of anything and that is definitely what your fear is founded upon. It's what my drive to avoid it is founded upon. You can go up into space, and look off into the distance, and right then and there that is the absolute closest you'll ever be to nothing, because you are staring straight at the empty void. But even then, there is something. An experience. You can go buck naked with no suit in an area of space where there truly is absolutely nothing in a dimension where nothing ever was and will be, but there's still something. There's you. That's all there is, thats all there has been. That's all death is, is no you. Nothing disappears. Your body is still around, life moves on, but there's no you. It's that experience that is life, but there's no life without death and it's scary when you realize that one day we will lose everything when we lose ourselves. It scares me too user. I think about it everyday. I've made the deliberate decision to try to take it upon myself. I've committed and failed suicide twice, and all I've learned out of that is that nothing is worth it. Not life nor death when you realize what either one is.

I use to feel like you did for a long time. But then I realized if I'm only going to be on this earth for say a 100 years I'd rather just enjoy it. So every day I try to just have fun.

i cant read all of your posts. i want to talk about death, everything one of you is saying. how do we join a chat room and really let this conversation flow? not to be seperated by posts :OP

as temporal creatures, eternity is inherently incomprehensible. you can say you understand it but there is literally nothing you know or can know that is even a reference point for eternity because just like you, everything around you is bound temporally. Stop trying to be edgy, it makes you look stupid

ew

implying we are not nothing now..
We are nothing, everything you see, hear, feel, and do is created by your brain. Or is it my brain. Fuck you, you're just a product of my imagination.

One must contemplate death in order to enjoy life.

The idea of death is the idea of total freedom.

I won't go into the pseudoscience around it, but if after billions of years your particles formed into what you are right now.

There is a 100% chance it will happen again, the universe is cyclonic.
Also take time to find out who YOU are.

Here is thread that better fits your needs you worthless faggot nigger
>>>/Lgbt/7436185

>stop trying to be edgy
lol. im just saying you are wrong.
nothing edgy about that.

i know what you are trying to say. eternity will never be experienced by us "temporal creatures" but its definitely understandable. im just thinking your not giving enough credit to the power of the mind.

We all are reborn back into this world instantaneously. No escape and no answers.

You people are getting way too philosophical about this, death is simply the ending of our life. Any meaning we attach to it is just our monkey brains trying to comfort ourselves.

I wouldn't say imagination, but perception. And you're just a product of mine. I wouldn't say there's nothing. But for us whatever death is unless there's a continuation of life as promised by religion is just whatever we were enduring before we were born. There's no similarity between life and death, and that makes perfect sense to us as by our own definition they are just polar opposites.

What is it you want to know?
You don't have to believe anything I say.
However that's what happens. You die
then you come back if you haven't figured
out whats really going on. Usually you have a
brief moment with the higher power and once
reborn you have no memory of your past life.
Its like you never existed.

I do fear nothingness but once I am nothingness I will no longer be able to fear. I fear the inevitability of nothingness. I fear seeing death's approach and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Feeling myself become nothing. It like when you have to speak in public. you know it's going to happen, and it's nerve wracking but the audience starts applauding as they say your name and you just have to walk on stage. it's the inevitability of a major event that I have no preparation for and the weight of what that event entails

this sack of flesh will rot with maggots and become dust just the same as my grotesque 400lb hamgalaxy body will. Still, life seems easier if I were an attractive flesh sack.

Born 11lbs 3 ounces and just kept on ballooning and food is my heroin. Idk or idc or get healthy because damage is done.

>I'm an obese depressed whale that lurks Sup Forums for nudes of fit hot girls and I obsess over them.

Here I'll test it. I'll let you fuckers now. DEUCES! See you on the flip side

Just can't get into gay animal pron, but let me hold you back.

i like to think we float around in infinite consciousness that is the universe and we are born again whenever we decide to become an individual again.

And any deliberate rejection of it is just those same minds giving up. We can reject the thought of death, or we can revel in it. What we truly need to do is find a middle ground, some sort of knowledge and grey-area. Something for us to stand on and acknowledge so we can move on, with it always chained to the back of our heads as we adapt to the thought without thinking about it.

But hey. If you really are reborn wit a wiped memory. And a new body. Can you really say it's "you"? Cause without a persons experiences and memory's they are nothing. That's what makes them knew. So "you" technically aren't reborn. Essence just reused

I fear this thread will turn existential

One cannot envision the end without knowing that everything has an end, after all

how is it understandable exactly? you can understand the "idea" of eternity just as you can understand the idea of imaginary numbers but you have no real account or experience of anything to put it into context. Your claimed understanding is hollow. you're giving lip service to some stoner, pseudo-philosophical bullshit

>Essence just reused
aka souls

atheists 0
theists 1

Well, maybe. I don't think so. We should all be having as much fun as possible right here right now.

nop, there's no way you can convince me otherwise, my brains makes me see letters in my screen that supposedly another entity wrote, but the screen is also an image created by my brain, and so is everything I learned about physics and chemistry, no way I can know for sure that it isn't real.

I invented the big bang, the stars, Einstein, and hot chicks. You cannot prove to me that I didn't and you should be thankful for the chicks....

ok, so you've told me what you believe happens but you've shown me nothing to support the sense that you're beliefs are truth or even remotely accurate for that matter. I can tell you that clouds are made of pixie farts but until I show you a reason to believe me, you're going to think I'm full of shit

>pseudo-philosophical bullshit
yeah i doubt either of has have any degrees on any of these subjects dude. dont claim to be intellectually superior.

all i said was you are wrong and i only have anecdotal evidence backing it up which i know you will reject right away. i just personally believe time is purely a concept, or an idea. and ideas can be easily forgotten given the right circumstances.

The thing is that we don't know what happens after death. We can think like oh it's hell or heaven or rebirth or whatever but we won't know until we die and find out, or not. When we die we might be able to figure it out and not be able to tell anyone in the living world. In that it's always going to be the biggest mystery. And there's no way to fimd out except to die

Fuck of the only reason that you are here cause love nigger dicks but you want to act like you would like pussy you gay faggot stop getting fuck by niggers u fuck faggot

agree with first sentence. attaching meaning might also be trying to understand it. but in essence, yeah, death is plain and simple, no big deal, your body just stops living and thus there's no basis for a consciousness to guide it. why bother?

and no op, you didn't get over yourself, you're so full of yourself that you start bubbling over with yourself - seeing parts of you go, you start thinking that you got over yourself but you haven't. you want to have an impact but realize you're too weak and give up - nevertheless you suffer from it because you wish you'd have been strong enough. get over yourself. you don't wanna die, but you feel helpless. get over yourself. you want that your actions make sense. get over yourself. you don't have to achieve anything, you aren't the fly trying to move mountains. you're the human living in his head - yeah, you might as well die cause you aint livin the hood life. my hood is where I am and I put no boundaries to it, it's not my house, my city, my earth, solar system, not even my universe. you don't need a concept. just live. try to have a good time and then wave goodbye if you can still manage to move your limbs. just get over your head that contains yourself.

Look at this fucking nufag wtf is wrong with you?

Exaclty, you have been here before. I dont
resurrect the dead and you are clueless because
you cant remember.

You are not God or a god except for the reality of you being the interpreter of all that you perceive, and, I am my own. Just as you are sitting there, behind a screen, being acknowledged by another self-claimed entity that believes it is it's only own consciousness and interpreter, I am that same being as well, only unto myself. I think, therefore I am.
This is fucking high school level philosophy though mate. The only one to thank you for the perception of hot chicks is you yourself.

*Brofist*
No need to waste your life worrying about what you can't change.

not everything in the world is quantifiable.

Nothing is going to matter in the long term. I say just go have a fun life until you die, it's not likely any of us are going to be remembered for something like Einstein or Bach.

your concept of a "you" is simply wrong. while new life always contains elements of old life that once has died, the new composition is a new thing that you should address with another "you". if you refer to the consciousness then it's the same thing - you yourself claim that there are no remaining elements of the old consciousness. maybe the structure is the same but then again... every consciousness is structured in the same way so we might as well all be one "you" and that's not the purpose of that word. you might just say that we are identical on a structural level regarding how the mind works but that's it. fuck you

>yeah i doubt either of has have any degrees on any of these subjects

well, maybe YOU don't

you can't reference eternity in any meaningful way. You are right, you believe time to be conceptual but that has very little bearing on reality. even if it is conceptual though, you are still speaking of a concept that you can grasp remotely at best. the human brain is literally incapable of it. I'm not trying to be a dick to you though man. If you can show me a sense of understanding of eternity, I will admit that I'm wrong

yo dude when are you collecting your nobel prize for understanding consciousness?

talk is cheap. what's not quantifiable?

you didn't even kind of answer my question. Why do you think that is what happens to us?

I feel apathetic towards everything. Life is rather dull when even you're hobbies don't seem to interest you anymore

Blind...
Do you know anything about where you are?

See, the problem is that you don't understand that "perception" is created by my brain. You can't know for sure that what you are touching is real, not your keyboard, not your family, not your gf - excuse me, I meant right hand, I think I gave that to you on purpose.

This whole argument is being created by my brain, you can't prove to me you are real.

Wrong one, my bad. Even alcohol doesn't do much, it takes 1/2 bottle to get slightly buzzed and that's drinking straight whiskey

Here's a Christmas elf to bring you whatever

Well this is the problem. Energy cannot be destroyed.
Where do you think you end up in the universe?

ITT: Death denial

if everyone understood this concept, everyone would be God. Then things are clear, we are one entity. You die but someone else lives? You still live!

>If you can show me a sense of understanding of eternity
well i cant show you, but
there are many ways to experience it.
meditation and near death experiences for example. these are things where the dissolving of the concept of time are common side effects.

i guess one could argue that having no concept of time is not the same as experiencing eternity.

everyone still live if at least one entity is alive. If all entities die, then that's what true death is, but by then, everything ceases to exist, the universe and the stars would all be a lie.

energy can be dissipated without being destroyed. our function of consciousness is a very specific pattern of energy (a pattern, I might add, that is created by our physical form). If that pattern is disrupted, consciousness --and in the case of death -- life is lost. what makes you think that any form of residual energy retains things such as consciousness, sense of self, memories, thought, etc?

>talk is cheap. what's not quantifiable?
is this a serious question?

you are implying there is nothing beyond mathematics in the universe dude.

don't know - you might as well ask all the religious studs claiming to know the dynamics of how the consciousness moves from one body to another, which I think is quite an absurd way of speculating driven by the hope that the "I" you want to hold on to so tightly never vanishes. but that's not how it works my friend. it will vanish, fuck you. the consciousness is nothing but a facet of how the metabolism of an organism with its environment can be actively structured. and one thing is clear: this active structuring stops taking place when the body dies, implying that you need biological functionality for the consciousness to take physical action - so it is clear that it at least is dependend on life and I'd say it is an expression of life being involved with its surroundings on an abstract level. while some animals might have an intuitive grasp of causal "reasoning" we might sit down and think about it but all other thoughts don't serve a purpose. you gain nothing from them apart from intellectual entertainment if at all. evolution also tells that mountains separated monkeys and on one side of the mountain, the circumstances changed so dramatically that they had to think more to survive ... although I find this anecdote a little simplified and off it pretty much contains the purpose of consciousness

yeah i know quite a bit. why do you ask? and could you please prove your statement "Blind..."

I've thought about this as well. This is energy inhabiting this body. Where does it even come from when life starts? If we think of it in the 'body' sorta sense, we'd just be born as robots with a base set of rules. No ideas, no thought, no feeling.

Whatever it is that makes us 'us' simply goes back to the ether from which it comes.

In my 31 years of life...I feel like I've experienced too much death for someone in this experience...I feel a lot of empathy who see death everyday like those in war torn countries. My deepest fear is that death is just the end of it all...when religion, spirituality, even new agers and NDEs have said that death is simply a transformation to a bigger life. What if this body is a constrictive vessel meant to anchor us to experience life on this planet? And when we die, we simply become bigger than ourselves and explore the cosmos for another life to experience?

I just hope that my end isn't too painful...and that the people I've shared my life experience with and have gone before me...I will meet again and they will comfort me in my transition.

or...I'm just crazy...

in all fairness, a lack of the perception of time is essentially the same thing as eternity right? timelessness? I've tripped my balls off before and I've been knocked out cold from a really bad car accident (kind of like a NDE maybe?) but the problem there is that your perception is still done in terms of time so how much of this understanding can you carry with you into your "waking life"

lol i cant agree more with you.
its just you said it like it was fact which is the part i dont agree with.

its just another belief no different than religion.

sure you can i plan on being immortal and medicine is well on its way

mathematics is an arbitrary language. By saying that somethings are not quantifiable, you are saying there are things that have no sense of being. Inherently, by the very state of existence, you have properties that exclude other properties. this is a form of quantification. What do you know of that does not have this?

I don't think there is any kind of energy. It's more just the heart starts beating and the machine that is the human body starts working. As a side-effect of the human body working, the mind also starts working. Also as a side-effect of the the human race being too damn smart for its own good, we think this far into existence and end up letting it get to us.

I wish her other sock was off.

>but the problem there is that your perception is still done in terms of time so how much of this understanding can you carry with you into your "waking life"

probably none. lol. i think its similar to a dream. once you exerperience the "eternity" in this timeless state and you come back. you instantly forget what it felt like.

personally, and you can call me a new age hippie or whatever the fuck you want, but i dont even think time is a real thing. its just something we thought of to describe the changing states of matter or whatever.
again, i have no degrees and these are just personal beliefs so insult as youd like.

but it is mostly facts. what therein is a mere belief?

> so insult as youd like
your ideas are bad and you should feel bad. also, new age hippie faggot

Nah, I'm just kidding dude. Look, you've rolled with me this far and now I'm interested in what you actually think. Time interacts on objects without or knowledge or perception so it has to exist in some form or another right? Maybe our take on it is flawed but it is "something". I wouldn't argue with you that we may not understand it correctly, but you're saying that we can understand its absence. Why do you say that? (I swear to god I won't insult you. dare I say it, but I think I wanna have a legit conversation on Sup Forums)

qualia maybe?

if it was factual, then again i say to you.

when will you be collecting your nobel prize?

>i dont even think time is a real thing
how? lel extreme gravity affects time aka time is real. time probably doesn't exist after death and if u are ever "reborn" and even if every single atom needs to rearrange itself in order for u to exist again it will be instant cuz time or doesn't exist because well u don't exist and who knows u might die and suddenly get pulled out of some aliens vagina

a fair start but this is still limited by the world around us. can you imagine colors that don't exist, albeit to your perception?

>aliens vagina

this was my worst week i got surgery, my car was stolen, I am having problems with my bussines partner, thieves are asking me a monthly amount of money or I accept the consequense,