youtube.com/watch?v=K0C2UgBMMLo
youtube.com/watch?v=Js11oxyUUSE
youtube.com/watch?v=JD0IFmjdhhA
youtube.com/watch?v=2Hvf5uaAc2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frieza Saga

No

Every big fight in all of the Dragon Ball series means character development.

Cell Saga pleb

No the one where Gohan does something was the peak and also should have been the end.

>>>/lgtb/
>>>/facebook/

but dragonball is a television show

"Gohan was a mistake" - Akira Toriyama

gohan is an insignificant side character now

As he should be

This

this
youtube.com/watch?v=pWWEKBGfv6o

DAILY REMINDER

dragon ball/ dragon ball z stopped being good after the beat vegita and nappa

the frieza saga is when it went to shit and everybody knows it

Yes.

Goku vs Vegeta was the peak of Z.

Also the originally planned endpoint for the series

Doubtful. The next issue came out the next week and started up the Android saga.

I have a cousin who lived in Japan in the early 90s who had a friend who met Toriyama at a mechanic's shop where Toriyama was getting his motorcycle repaired. He talked to him about his originally planned endpoint for the series and Toriyama said it was the Frieza saga. But since it was all so popular he continued on.

Which makes sense if you consider that the androids are massive asspulls.

Yes.

Everything was a massive asspull. My friend John Toriyama said the series was originally planned to end after they collected the dragon balls the first time.

You're thinking of the Cell saga. Buu saga was never supposed to happen.

>massive asspull
>androids already existed in original Dragonball

????

>super saiyan prophecy is fulfilled
>frieza's story and the story of the saiyans comes full circle
>most powerful known being in the universe is defeated

>return to earth, a low tech backwater planet
>scientist from failed rebel army has invented androids considerably more powerful than every known being in the universe
>they never run out of ki
>super saiyans galore
>time travel added in because that always makes a story better

yup. that was the last time there were real stakes.

I'm personally pretty partial to the first tournament even though there are some bullshit moments in it.

>lowtech backwater planet
>have fighting mechs, shrinking capsules, flying cars and hyper modern cities

?????

compared to the rest of the universe, absolutely

The only thing they lacked was space travel. Everything else was more high tech on earth. And once Bulma's father reverse engineered the Namek ship, they caught up.

In what regard? They didn't have space travel but that was rather lack of interest than lack of capabilities. Bulma's dad built a spaceship faster than any alien ship in a couple of days

Earthlings don't even know about ki, a fundamental force of the universe. They're idiots.

fact: Dragonball was best with child goku. Grown up goku fucking sucks, and DBZ is barely fucking watchable. Specially if you know the source material. A constant barrage of "what the fuck is this shit?" One of the most overrated shows in history.

>Don't fall of the snake road! If you fall down, it's impossible to continue your journey and also people are fighting on earth so hurry up
>"boss we need to sell like 8 more DVDs"
>"Oh fuck.. What do?"
>"how about we make him fall off the snake road?"
>"BRILLIANT!"

Classic DB was full of great humor and loveable moments. Z is little more than: "THIS GUY IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN THE LAST GUY!" kai was alright doe.

you say db was full of humor and loveable moments but prefer kai over Z, even though kai is the same as Z without the fun and humorous filler episodes

Nah m8. is right
The other races had sick healing technologies and whatnot, able to bring what was one kick to the shin short of being a mangled corpse back to life, tons of space travel fast enough to reach other inhabited planets, fucking magic eye pieces that can read peoples power that only got obsolete by plot power shenanigans,

I'm pretty sure the only actually advanced thing on Earth is the shit Capsule Corp. comes up with. They're like Dragonball Google. If you look at the actual technology, their vehicles, their houses and their hospitals, they're all rather low tech. I think later they go a bit more wild with hovering cars but still. before the android asspull, earth technology was pretty fucking clunky.

And Namek makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Somehow they have incredible space faring technology, but the planet only seems to have a couple hundred inhabitants at best most of which seem to be monk-like farmers working the land and such. There is nothing that looks like any kind of civilization or sign of industry that could have actually produced this technology.

The problem with Z was the filler. But I prefer the more serious tone it had in all moments. Fights were still fun but had more seriousness. Watch something like the fight between Chiatzou and Krillen, it's not funny.

My only issue was Goku leaving after the defeat of each major villain in Z.

Goku and Piccolo driving filler is probably the best episode in DBZ

Is it just me, or does almoat every arc try and nerf goku so that he isnt that ultimate savior even though he totally is?

>frieza saga; forced body switch
>android saga; heart virus
>cell saga; literally just steps down
>buu saga; hes technically dead and cant go full power and remain on earth

Am sure im missing plenty of others.

>Now has his own JUST hair

Will Gohanfags ever recover?

YOu tell me

But they do. In fact they have better knowledge of it than any planet of Freezer's empire had

>getting wrekted by a laser

What did he mean by this

nope. the arrival of the Saiyans is still to me the best arc. Earth buddies training for 1 year and then get literally rekt by Nappa while Vegeta just stands by. AND when Goku arrives he still get his shit pushed in

literally goat

rate this rank of db fights

1.- goku, piccolo, krillin, tenshinhan,chaozu, yamcha, yajirobe and gohan vs vegeta, nappa and the saibamen

2.- goku vs piccolo at the final of the tournament

3.- piccolo vs android 17

4.- goku vs vegeta (boo saga)

5.- goku vs king piccolo

thanks doc

all of frieza's armies technology was stolen and reverse engineers Taffles technology

You forgot Goku Vs Pikon at the grand kai tournament

That isn't Goku Vs Roshi

>before the android asspukl

ANDROIDS FIRST APPEARED IN THE RED RIBBON ARC IN DRAGONBALL AND TAO PAI PAI WAS TURNED INTO ONE TOO WHAT THE FUCK

Turned into a Cyborg*

the first android we see I believe was the mechanical dude in the game of death tower, or maybe we saw Eighter first, don't remember

Yeah DB was. Classic DB. not Z. The one with kid goku. where havin Masako Nozawa as his voice actress made some sort of sense because he was a kid. power rankings go:
>Classic DB
>DB Kai
>DB Z
>All the other weird DB bullshit that came out

I was thinking more of the general tone of the show. overall way less serious. Krillin pulling down Bulmas top, showing her tits to the old man so his nosebleed would cover and invisible enemy. Or right at the start, Goku resting his head on Bulmas crotch to sleep, getting confused, patting it and exclaiming: "this doesn't feel like grandpas!". There was some fighting in classic but I liked the overall focus on more silly stuff and jokes.
When I watch DBZ I feel like all I'm getting is "in the end we barely managed to defeat this incredible strong super enemy... BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! THE ALL NEW _NEW_ SUPER ENEMY! NOW WITH 200% MORE POWER!"

look how off the wall it gets:
>Goku barely manages to force Vegeta to retreat
>frieza is the ultimate power, Vegeta a mere underling to him and not even his strongest one
>trunks comes and frieza is like a fucking fly to him.
>trunks is getting bullied by androids who mob the floor with him
>androids get shit on by cell
>cell is nothing to boo
By the end Goku is probably strong enough to kill frieza on namek from planet earth without getting out of bed. I mean fuck, every single Z fighter could kill a man by snipping his finger at him. Imagine Boo fighting first visit Vegeta. It's a fucking joke.

News flash: they're all cyborgs, the english translators were just retarded

Either Might be a cyborg, but the metal boss general dude was 100% mechanical, and Android 16 is pure metal as well as #19

the argument was that earth is basically a backwater planet with little to no technology worth mentioning (the only truly great thing is the capsule technology) The Tuffles put earth even more to shame.

Oh I'm aware of that. The "Asspull" here is not "there are androids" the asspull is "There are suddenly androids that are WAY more powerful as any of the Z fighters or at that point established ultimate forces of the universe"
Which is a pretty big asspull.

yeah but they weren't overpowered to the point of easily beating a super saiyan who easily beat the strongest being in the universe.

>And Namek makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Somehow they have incredible space faring technology, but the planet only seems to have a couple hundred inhabitants at best most of which seem to be monk-like farmers working the land and such. There is nothing that looks like any kind of civilization or sign of industry that could have actually produced this technology.

>Nameks develops amazing technology
>Spread out among the stars
>Become nigh gods with their Dragon Balls
>Everything slowly falls to a Foundation and Empire like despotic stagnation
>A lone Namek sees that for all its amazing wonders, their people in conquering space, have become just like it: Empty
>He collects the Dragon Balls and wishes that all his people may live a life worth living
>In an instant the entire Namek civilisation disappears, and is replaced by a happy little content one that wants no trouble

Wouldn't be more of an asspull than anything else in Z.

Goku vs Future Evil Goku who still has the heart virus giving him constant zenkais

youtube.com/watch?v=K0C2UgBMMLo

>hurr durr i can't find Sup Forums u guyz pls help hurrrr
How stupid are you? Fuck off back to your pedophile pen, rapist.

DB went to shit after the Red Ribbon saga.
DBZ was never good.

Is he hallucinating this? Or is Vegeta actually talking to him from otherworld?

Also, is this the original dub? It sounds off.

Oh god, don't remind me of the fucking heart virus.

Goku vs jackie chun or tien

>he thinks Toriyama remembers an obscure thing like zenkai when he forgot the entire SSJ3 transformation

I love DB Kai, it makes re-watching it so much less painful. All that filler drags on so fucking much.

I would love to see if the original DB and Super get a Kai cut later on.

I always felt like that fight was a bit weak. Tournament had better ones. Piccolo jr vs goku was better even.

19 was also a Cyborg. He later appeared in hell.
16 I'm not sure, but I don't think it was ever implied he was an android in the original so I too think he's a Cyborg

super and GT are awful memes senpai

the only thing GT did good, and i dont think Super is going to be able to match, was its ending

youtube.com/watch?v=Js11oxyUUSE (HOLY SHIT the american soundtrack is so fucking disgusting)

youtube.com/watch?v=JD0IFmjdhhA (this is less cancerous)

He also forgot a whole fucking character and that his aliens are supposed to have tails. (fuck, how many bad guys could have been killed way faster if the Idiots didn't cut of their tails?)

And to be fair he forgot the SSJ2 trans. and just tought 3 was 2. (the whole, "going past SSJ" is super retarded anyway).

Yet SSJ3 is back and he remembered the time machine Cell used.

this

You think that's bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=2Hvf5uaAc2Y

great saiyaman saga was pretty good desu. I would watch a whole show based on that premise.

Here. Fuck 19 and anything else that's not in the manga.

*Fuck 19 in Hell.

>in the original the turtle pulls an Eeyore because he says his name wrong
>in the English one he his happy Goku also missed him and looks down bashfully
Another thing I hate about dubs. I get that you can't 100% match what was said originally (just as you can't 100% import the dialogue from the manga into the anime) but often I feel like they just think "ahh fuck it, let's make shit up for this sideshit and only try to get the main point across for the main bits of story"

What saga was this? I can't remember.

>tfw you will never get to watch an entire show where the hapless Gohan wins over the exceedingly tsundere Videl.

Why even live?

>Namek Saga
>Goku is training on his way there
>Goku trains himself close to death multiple times and thus multiplies his power many times over unintentionally (Saiyan hidden trait)
>Krillin and Vegeta are in trouble
>Vegeta tells Krillin to beat him close to death so that he can multiply his strength in order to win the fight
>krillin says he should do it himself
>Vegeta explains that it doesn't work if you do it yourself
>it somehow still worked for Goku.

Something Something the ship did it to him because high gravity.

Still makes more sense than a big guy admitting literally everyone into the afterlife at a desk.

I wonder how many more forms Goku is gonna have by the end of Super

He'll probably be at God 5

I think the manga even specificity says that he did it himself by shooting energy shit at himself and nearly dying to them. Which has to be the most retarded way to train in a spaceship anyway.

As for the big guy, I always Imagined the big guy was just a sub division and there were likely billions like him to admit the souls. I think goku even was surprised at meating him again one time.
Or if it's really just him and he's like an average earth bureaucrat, then he's likely just shy of reaching souls that died just before the bronze age. Maybe that's what purgatory's like? Everyone waiting their turn to be let in by a single worker.

its like you believe that toriyama gave a fuck about coherent writing instead of the fights

There's a difference between getting to the brink of death through exertion and blasting yourself. Not that zenkai isn't being magical anyways

Oh ok

Well, everyone does say the DMV is hell

I think the Battle of the Gods movie is the best thing DB has ever done.

its mediocre mate. literally no implications

best movie is Broly 1 > Battle Island = Android 13 > rest are mediocre or shit

Remember when Goku was buff

i remember when the battles had blood

>1080p

I need to buy an HDD and get all of Dragonball (show, movies) in 1080p.

Frieza Saga was way too long. It was the Saiyin Saga or Piccolo saga.

Cell/andriods was pretty good too but it dragged a bit.

The manga is fine but the Anime stretched things way too long.

Yes, Dragon Ball was on a steady rise up until the end.

Z up until the end of Frieza saga is good if you want a "What If/Alternate Future" type of story.

I don't know if Kai's cut (up until the end of Frieza saga) is superior but I remember liking the original's filler as a kid.

Everything else is officially admitted cash-grabbing trash.

If you're watching dubbed don't even bother.

Cell was breddy gud tho

>If you're watching dubbed don't even bother.

boi...
youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI

>everything else is admitted cash-grabbing trash

He only wrote dragonball for cig money. it's always been a cash grab.

Which show had Teenage Goku be confused over an erection and what he was supposed to do with it?

>that shit
>the best

nah m8, pic related is the only kino db ever made

No. This is.

Is this that Zone flash?

I'd say it's TFS, but I think they completely removed the parts with 18 inside his tail...thing

OFFICI DBZ FIGHTS POWER RANKINGS:

Frieza fight(all parts)
Nappa and Vegeta fight(all parts)
Piccolo x 17 x Cell
Gotenks x Buu

Everything else.

Goku, Gohan x Perfect Cell was the most retarded fight ever.

DragonBall peaked at season 1.

>GREENED.webm