Homeless/vagabond/living out of car thread?

Homeless/vagabond/living out of car thread?

Share your experiences and tips for being homeless.

Currently considering living out of my car with a gym membership for showering. Has anyone ever done this? I have a job but rent eats up my paycheck.

In what third world shithole do you live to not be able to afford rent despite having a job?

living out of a car doesn't count as true homeless

Hehe that funny but in a third world shit hole you dont need to pay 80% of your incomes in a house or room or apartment

America of course.

The percentage of paycheck going to rent has been on the rise and is the highest it's ever been. Almost 30% of my paycheck goes to rent. Another 10% to healthcare. 40% eaten up just for that is ridiculous.

The only thing Ill miss is a stove & sink. If i park near a place with wifi i should be able to use my laptop in private

Have a friend with cancer who lives in her car and uses a public pool for showers. She has a job as well and gets by, but just barely even without rent. The quality of life isn't so nice either, obviously. You have to get used to purchasing a lot of junk/packaged food, finding certain parking lots where you can sleep without waking up to police tapping on your window, and being turned away from shop employees whenever you try to use the restroom if your appearance makes it obvious you are homeless. Have you tried looking into online ads for roommates, user? There are some people that are considerate and would be willing to offer a decent rent.

it gets sucky as balls in the colder months, but its not a bad way of saving for a few months. Just make sure you have an exit strategy.(parents house, friend, some cash to get an apartment again.) In all honestly, before you go the nuclear option, you should think about getting a few roomates and doing a split living arrangement. Its easier on the back and wallet and you can still have guests over.

Did the car life for like 6 months, got really fit cuz theres not shit to do with your down time, but i was happy AF to get back into an apartment again. Any questions mate, i'll be happy to oblige.

do you have a van? seems like it would be doable with a van...

Get some fucking room mates or move somewhere cheaper.

People will know you're living outta your car. What happens when you wanna bang a chick, or someone wants to come over and hang?

no friends

worked with a guy who was living out of his car. he smelled so bad he could knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

wat job

A minivan paid off thankfully.

Ill have to go to their place.

Yeah roomates are okay but even so, it's not going to be a huge improvement. All that's around here are shit ghetto apartments or 2 bedrooms which would still be too much for me right now.

I just want to be able to live a little. Maybe get a new bike and fix it up. Im not due for a real raise for a while and no jobs to move up to atm so I really need to save some cash.

Yeah Ill make sure to find a shower

walmart, overnight stockers we were

>paid off minivan
perfect! that's the ideal for that lifestyle, i think
do some google research on how to deck it out, lifestyle guides, etc. i bet there's helpful info out there.
best of luck to you, Sup Forumsrother.

The heart of tech Silicon Valley there are hundreds of people living in vans and RVs.

Rent can be $1500-$3000/mo anywhere decent. Cities are run by rich NIMBY old people who hate young people and tech workers and immigrants.

It's pretty fucked

y wud u werk @ walmart? 0.o

i was living in a saturn... take them back fucking seats out and enjoy the great outdoors for a while. Your rolling in a mansion. Plus that shit build character like a mother fuck!!!

Hope shit gets better for you mixter, keep yer chin up, mate.

it was a job

u sud find bettr job insted of cumplingn

was i complaining? didn't think i was...
it wasn't a horrible job. and even the stinky homeless guy was a good dude.

Don't worry all the hillbillies are convinced this prick will lend a helping hand to America's down and out. Its going to be beautiful. Really you'll be fine.

When I was 23 I was homeless in Stockholm. It was only for a couple of months but it was winter and winter is harsh in Stockholm. There are plenty of soup kitchens, in fact, I started one of them many years ago before I handed it over to a group of people because I couldn't find the time to run it any more, so food is easy to come by. The problem is the cold. If you find a way to break in to attics you're set. They're heated in almost all buildings.

Don't worry all the lefties were convinced this prick will lend a helping hand to America's down and out. Its going to be beautiful. Really you'll be fine.

I spent about 5 weeks living in my car earlier this year. It gets uncomfortable when you're sleeping and you wanna be careful to change and wash your clothes regularly; I ended up getting a fungal infection in both feet from not taking my shoes off for almost a week during that period

if they found you breaking into buildings in sweden you'll be screwed forever

Not as a homeless person. All you're risking is being put in a warm one man cell with tv, hot food and showers.

Don't blame it on NIMBYs. It's the developers' fault. Every time they build any sort of giant new apartment tower, it's "Luxury Condos" that start at $6 million per square foot.

It's the same in NYC. The last one they built on Park Ave was 88 floors tall, and only had 34 apartments in it, each with its own grand marble lobby with double helix 2.5-floor staircase and indoor pool. Used to be a 2,400 room hotel in the same spot.

Doesn't matter how much they build if they only build shit fucking Saudi Royal Shieks can afford.

no one commits crime in sweden. When they see that on your record you'll never work again, except for samhall

loser - learn to personal finance, asshole.

Jag vet inte i vilket Sverige du bor I men jag har haft stöld, skadegörelse och våldsamt motstånd på mitt straffregister och jag har aldrig haft problem att få jobb, vare sig det handlar om lagerarbete, servicebranschen eller kontor.

Listen here you cloudberry-slurping, fermented-fish-smelling, little blonde faggot:

Around these parts, we speak English.

negerjänta

You have worked all those jobs? Did you work them all after you committed those crimes, or were you committing crime between jobs?

.....he's waving a gun at you. Just speak english man...don't want no trouble around here

The theft and property damages was in my late teens and I got a job at a warehouse shortly after getting convicted. They asked me if I had criminal convictions, I was honest about it and told them I was dead set on changing my life around. I got the job.
The resisting arrest conviction and a speeding ticket I received shortly before I got a job installing networks in a few schools in different cities in Sweden. They did however not ask about criminal convictions.

Literally every single application I have ever submitted has had a "Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, explain below" section. Thankfully, I have not, but it must suck for people who have.

okay so you still have to give the whole "i'm changing my life around" narrative

I did it for a month. It's completely manageable, but living indoors is better.

I'm not sure, but that's what I felt I needed to do in order to get the job.
I would just like to add that Sweden is so fucking PC that if you reject a job applicant because of his criminal record, and the job is not about working with children or the elderly, it's almost considered discrimination. After all, I'm just trying to change my life around and you're working against me trying to better myself.

niiiiiice. This is good shit

My record is clean now anyway. Depending on the crime, your record is wiped clean after 5-10 years in Sweden. Since my crimes wasn't violent in nature My record was wiped clean after 5 years.

okay so the resisting arrest wasn't violent?

I refused to stop when speeding and got chased by the police. I was guilty of several crimes but in the end my lawyer got me down to resisting arrest and speeding. And since I hadn't attacked or damaged the cop it wasn't considered violent.

How long/hard do you all work? Could you do that and juggle a 9-5?

Still lives with mommy and daddy.

Australia is like that now. Hardly a third world shithole.

Do you also work out in the gym?

what's a good vehicle for this?
I am homeless and use the library to charge my freedompop phone. rest of the time I am sleeping outside. it's getting damn cold

Morning /b

Fun story - be me at 16 - run away from home - homeless without car - live on the street breaking into places to stay warm (winter in New England). One night, fall asleep outside on stone and barely woke up in time to literally crawl into a police station for heat. The just let me stay in the lobby to warm up - to lazy to deal with paperwork I guess.

End up being homeless but working in restaurants - a couple of them just racking up hours as a pot washer - then a prep cook cause the prep cook got to high and forgot to show up - etc..... buy a car. Live in car..... this goes on for more than a year until one of the people that owned the restaurant I was working in found me crashed out on the basement floor.

They took me home.

Changed my life.

Now - 30 years later I am a senior executive on the outside - suits, ties, etc.... and a homeless little punk on the inside that will never forget where he came from and donates his shit to animal shelters and homeless folks.

In for the win.

not even greentext are u even trying