Is this a decent rig? My PC is outdated as fuck and I'd like to run the newer shit on max settings

Is this a decent rig? My PC is outdated as fuck and I'd like to run the newer shit on max settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/beginnersguide
youtube.com/watch?v=roFb3TNePIg&index=26&list=PL8mG-RkN2uTwlcLU_rv29Gt4578XfgJm_
youtube.com/watch?v=NiwkSXAGxjE
youtube.com/watch?v=vbDiSMQ_L_k&t=14s
cclonline.com/product/214335/CA-S340MB-GR/Cases/NZXT-S340-Black/Red-Mid-Tower-Case/CAS2737/?siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-DMHRM6q.wL94RfM850UVkA
ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dont buy prebuilt

overpriced for those specs

I don't know how to build one myself, I've tried before but I couldn't figure out the motherboard.

its a good rig but your not gonna be maxing out bf1 on it but med-high 100%.

also thats a solely 1080p gpu like your not gonna get alot out of it if your trying to play 1440p on a 460 for 1440p you honestly want a gtx 1070 atleast.

How?

that moment when prebuilts cost less then buying parts your self now days.

There's a shiton of factors that go into this but overall no, you could build this yourself for a lot cheaper and learn how to build your own stuff

oh and most prebuilts will come with a year or 2 of warranty.

It's fucking Lego.
Buy the parts. Go onto youtube and look it up. There are vids that give a step by step guide. Follow it.

The motherboard can be tricky with the wiring but if you look in your manual for stuff like the leds, on offs etc. it's straight forward and there are youtube videos that will show you every process step of a build

Read this and lurk in the subreddit:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/beginnersguide

IMO get at least 16 GB RAM, at least 8 cores, and a decent GPU and you're golden.

Might have to try putting one together myself, but I was paranoid as fuck about ruining the motherboard, so I brought my last PC to these this asian computer shop they charged me like 200 bones to finish putting it together.

8 gigs of memory, a 3.5GHz processor and a 2GB GPU for 749$~? hell to the fuck no. if you're wanting to max new stuff, you wont be able to do it with that.

spend that money on parts, and build it yourself, and you will have a computer that can.

Garbage GPU

u a dumb bitch

alot cheaper?
all from amazon, cpu £122 gpu £110 case lets say £40 cooler £50 ram £35 mobo £75 psu £35 hdd £40 that keyboard and mouse lets say £30 for the both and windows 10 £50 = £587 ($720)

so you save 20$ but gotta build yourself? and im sure this will come with a years warranty and tech support

OP you must be truly autistic to not know how to build a PC, even a three year old helped build one.
youtube.com/watch?v=roFb3TNePIg&index=26&list=PL8mG-RkN2uTwlcLU_rv29Gt4578XfgJm_

youtube.com/watch?v=NiwkSXAGxjE

when will people stop thinking it still 2008? yes back then was cheaper to build yourself but its 2017 companies are not stupid and have got to grips with the market. so keep quite.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbDiSMQ_L_k&t=14s

wrong first vid

sounds like you stopped thinking. so shut the fuck up and go kys or suck some dicks like your good at cause you know shit about building a pc.

I meant he could switch out certain things like a cheaper case, you also don't need to buy windows 10 if you know how to get it for free. Which leaves room for a better gpu/cpu etc, there's always deals on items or coupons so

This. And you better buy something from the previous generation GPUs. 980 or 390 will go good. The have better hardware optimization. That's how it works.

no ones actually helping you here so ill say what you wanted to know, 8gb ram now days just isnt enough really i mean you can but you strain your pc to much upgrade to 16gb and you are sweet and the gpu i would suggest a gtx 1060 or 480 if you wanna max settings 60fps 1080p games like bf1 witcher 3 etc, but if you cool with med settings a 460 is fine.

you can shave off £110 just in the case and windows 10 alone

16 GiB.

Don't go fo prebuilt. Ever.
And make sure you choose a based power supply.

i did the maths so how can you argue with what i said with hard facts? and fucking monkey can build a pc dont make it sound like its somthing hard.

I used to have that same processor, you won't be maxing out anything that is even remotely cpu heavy with it. Power supply seems a bit low for that build as well.

For $750 its not bad but it won't be maxing out newer games.

>atleast 8 cores

so from this logic a I5 6600k or even a i7 6700 are no good now. fucking dumbass does anyone know what multi threading is now days?

OP what is your budget for a new PC?

>8 [Logica] Cores

Get a i3 and a titan x

no everyone wants to have a potato box and illegal download windows.
also what else can you save from? you named the only two things so shut up?

going to need at least a 480 for max settings. but max settings isnt a really good goal because some games have ridiculous ultra settings. you should be good for High and better at 1080p and really even 1440.

thats a fucking killer price if it comes with acceseries and monitor.

The prebuilt in the picture is no where near cheaper than buying the parts individually.

Especially when you live near a Microcenter or Fry's to buy the cpu and motherboard with their discounts, not to mention all the other frequent discounts on amazon or newegg

You sound like you're speaking out your ass, so everything you type is pure shit

an NZXT S340 is a decent case for £70 roughly

cclonline.com/product/214335/CA-S340MB-GR/Cases/NZXT-S340-Black/Red-Mid-Tower-Case/CAS2737/?siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-DMHRM6q.wL94RfM850UVkA

bullshit. 480 blows 1440 out of the water and even does 4k decently on most games.

i7 6700k
2 gtx 1080's
32gb ddr5
250gb pci-e ssd
1tb ssd

cpu and both gpu's liquid cooled

go ham and drop 3k on a pc and not have to worry about it for years. once you get into 4k gaming, theres no going back to 1080p

>RX 460 (just one)
>750 fucking negroid dollars
Holy shit this is literally the biggest scam of the century.
Did the fine bros sponsor this?

thats a great case. i said the case in pic with only £40 can people wanna spend less lol like wtf.

its actually cheaper kid. it includes the monitor and the the kb/mouse.

Stay away from amd processors, go with intel. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for going with the cheaper mb and cpu rather than spending an extra 200 on something that actually runs well for what I built my computer for.

3k? ffs you faggot. You could spend 1k and have a bomb ass computer. I spent 1.2k and have no reason to do anything for years.

nobody cares about how much you overpayed to play the same shit as everyone else.

already done the maths and you save $20 atm if you build it yourself and yes most things are cheaper when you look for discounts kindda why its called a discount you mong.

>fx8320
>rx460
>400w noname psu
Go for it OP. It's pretty much best bang for buck youll find.

if you only got one 1080 maybe and no liquid cooling, and hard drives instead of ssd's.

one gtx 1080 is good, but it didn't run most games at max settings on 4k resolution

For that price and no SSD
For that price and that tier video card (should be in a 500$ or lower build)
For that price and a 400watt psu, and no mention of the amperage on the 12v rail (when at that price you should be looking at something like the EVGA B2 or G2 psu's, 750w and 46a+ on the 12v)
For that price and not an i3 or i5, which even the Skylake i3's beat out that half decade old FX cpu in performance especially in games (but muh 8 threads of very, very weak IPC cores)

Nigga, that's the kind of rig you build when you got about half that much to spend.

Lame build for 3k... You must of bought with no thoughts...

Way to be a user.

amd's fine. you probably bought some bargain basement chip/mb combo. bet it cost you less than 150 for both of them.

>waste 3k of mommy's money
>get a K CPU,liquid cool it but DON'T overclock
>GTX 1080's even though the Titan P and the Ti versions of the 1080 are coming soon and every retard knows that
>just 1 TB of memory
>32 GB of RAM even though his computer will be garbage by the time he actually needs it
>"ddr5 RAM"
Holy shit,what cancer.
Are you using a prebuilt or something,faggot?

at 60 fps at least

not if you have to buy the monitor case kb/mouse dumb ass.

for 800€

I had gtx 1060 6gb
I5 6600
The rest was approximately the same except the retarded lights.
Also 16gb ram.

Dude, your pc is absolute bullshit.

If it cost 400€ maybe good opportunity but 749 is too much.

Monitors and kb/m are always bundled on builds you should stay away from.

That, and in the list of 'specs' it doesn't list the monitor *or* mouse/keyboard as coming for that price. That's the subtotal of the tower alone...adding the extras will change that 'Subtotal'

4/10 Good try though

already added that to the price difference. Kys

>Did the fine bros sponsor this?
kek

>can't figure out fucking literally building blocks
OP,you either have actual autism or you are way too young to be on this website.

had excess of cash i wasn't spending, wanted to build something fun. shit kinda builds up when you make $40/hour, live single w/o kids, and don't spend much on anything.

and i meant ddr4 ram.

the gpu and cpu come with £230(270 euro) alone, you drunk on 400? lol

Don't buy a 2 GB GPU in this year, what are you retarded? I have a 970 (4GB) and an i7 6K and I only get 90-120 fps in BF1 in 1080 on Medium.

You need a 4 GB GPU for anything new, preferably an 8 GB, that POS GPU is a waste of time and money.

Those are good and dandy-o, but like most amateurs they make the one big mistake.

The motherboard has to be good, it is no use getting a cheap ass motherboard for decent hardware when the motherboard will bottleneck them.

This guy is so butt hurt I bet he is in denial that his PC is over priced and not well thought out.

No proof of NVMe or M2 ... (whats that?! lol)

i hope you dont plan on playing games other then minecraft on high end settings cause that shit box is trash and is overpriced

I meant logical cores you fucktard. When you go to resource monitor, count them.

actually the kb/mouse will come with tower for that price so try again. youtube channel called techdeals reviews a 400$ prebuild that comes with this mouse and kb and the kb is actually decent and not a throw away piece of shit.

no you didnt.
yes it is bundled with it.

At the time I bought it the mb was 150, I got an amd fx6300 6 core for 200. All in all my entire order with almost 400 between that and a few other things I needed.

>I have a 970 (4GB)
No you don't. 970 is a 3.5 GB card with .5 GB of REALLY slow cache.

idk how i'm butthurt mayne. shit runs well and nothing needs updated for like 8 years. could have done well with a 1.5k build, but why the fuck not go stupid with it

>the gpu and cpu come with £230(270 euro) alone, you drunk on 400? lol

It's prebuild shit.

It's literally :

1. we throw it to the garbage.
2. we find retard who will buy it.

why are you complaining about that cpu? Its rated very high.

Not really relevant, but wanted to show my luck at the lottery.

Yea I agree, I think the buildapc subreddit FAQ should cover it, that was my personal preference for good specs to last a while.

prebuilt doesnt mean its shit kiddo. specially when its actually cheaper than buying the parts yourself.

>build something fun
>builds tard level computer for that amount of cash
For 3k you could have been a patient little boy with your parent's money and then get a much better CPU,more HDD space and replace your soon to be outdated 1080's with just one Titan P,because SLI isn't supported by all games and is a waste of money.
Don't make computer builds or,rather,buy prebuilt's if you have literally no knowledge at all. Your parents worked hard for that 3 grand.

if he isn't going to overclock you can save on the cooler and mobo too but you know, you know better so whatever cunt, doesn't really matter since you seem to not know anything and assume you're right

Pretty sure that was only on the NVIDIA manufactured cards, ASUS and gigabyte cards didnt have that problem

Checked

Just spend $1000
Get an i5 6600 and a 1070 or somethin, you'll be set

nice dubs

I got my i7-3820 to OC to 4.7 6 years ago.

ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

That has 8 threads, I think it was implied cores=threads in this case.

Fuck you, checked.

No, it's all 970s. The memory controller is a part of the GPU die itself, the card manufacturer doesn't factor into it.

>prebuilt
>cheaper
Prebuilt is for faggots,there's a risk the guys building the PC are retarded in the head and fuck up something is mostly the case.
Also,do you think these retards make money if they sell a bundle for less money? That might work on other products but they would literally waste money,prebuilts always cost more and are always far worse than if you build it yourself. Kill yourself for buying prebuilt,you faggot.

I know it is, thats why I bought it. The issue is with arma, the entire reason I rebuilt my potato. At the time I was building it for arma 2, then arma 3 came out. I figured I'd be alright with what I have but it turns out my cpu cant handle arma 3 properly so I get tons of stutter with ai and shit loading in. On an empty map I get just under 60fps, steady, but as soon as the map starts populating I drop a good 30-40 frames and stay there.

also used 800 of it for VR kit and it still would have been less than 3k.

>kid
>kiddo
your autism is showing

I don't agree.

There's no more shitty motherboard.
You can find decent ones for 60€.

true.
He could probably also give the residue 800$ back to his parents.

The kb and mouse yes, but not the monitor. Try again you fucking autists.

>inb4 it's a shit cheap rubber dome keyboard that's hardly worth 10-20$. If it was mechanical, they would advertise it
>same cheap 10-20$ mouse, that's usually bundled with an equal shit kb for $25

cuck harder

It was actually my overtime cash, but w/e mayne, I guess some people never evolved past minimum wage.

Most stuff seems to work well with SLI today, this isn't 2010 anymore son. No need to be jelly

It used to be the case that you always built your own but not anymore... they dont buy parts at retail like we do and can afford to actually make it cheaper they just never used to do that because most people didnt make their own computers even just 5 years ago.

Companies who sell prebuilt PCs get cheap Chinese parts in bulk, and stack name brand parts on top.

Yeah I know that but is it worth explaining that to some retard who posts this type of build on Sup Forums? I am just trying to help this dude not get owned in life by spending almost $800 on a PC that can't run even BF3 maxed out.

Let's think of some old games that this shitty GPU can't max out in 1080:

Crysis 2 (BC 1 is more intense)
The Witcher 1
Skyrim Remastered
Bioshock Infinite

Just a couple off the top of my head feel free to add anyone. I ran a 2Gb setup on my previous build for years and it was too weak for 60fps and 1080 in 2012. Quit deterring useful information for this kid bc you care to point out common knowledge anyone who follows the tech industry know, faggot.