God Bless the South

God Bless the South

Fuck the rebel flag tho

ONE OR THE OTHER YOU SUM'VA BITCH

Why? The South and the Confederacy are two different things, and only one of them exists today.

You can get that south shit off my state you piece of redneck white trash.

The north beat your ass and we'll do it again.

Ohio in the house

any area bordering kentucky is bound to be a little redneck.

>we'll do it again!
dude the civil war was 150 years ago, who is "we"? your great-grandfather wasn't even born yet.

Been waiting to use this.

Ohio..again. You have my area, Marietta OH specifically as south. Plus WV is not south either. FFS, at one point it's like 100 miles from Canada.

pink= not southern, but may contain some influences of southern culture

you'd be red if I actually considered any part of ohio southern.

I live in the Marietta area and I am constantly baraged by this whole south bullshit. We have cemeteries here full of GAR dead...no CSA yet we have to here all this southern crap and see these stupid people in their diesel dodges with the confederate flag.
Face it, the south is part of the US as a result of a beating the north issued upon you. Stop trying to segregate yourself. I have never heard any say "mid Atlantic proud" or north west proud... but i see this southern pride crap always.
Want to be separate? start some shit again.

I think one of the best maps for giving us an idea of what the cultural south is actually happens to be the map of where kudzu grows.

God help the south.

>Face it, the south is part of the US
no shit
>Stop trying to segregate yourself.
wut

>I have never heard any say "mid Atlantic proud"
Because the mid-atlantic doesn't have a distinct regional cutlure like the South does.

>bloo hoo the south is a bunch of racist rednecks
>at least we superior northerners don't have any goddamn niggers!

Your post is unintelligible sir. Have some more statistics.

Yeah, thats what i think of when i think of the south... culture.

Ohio guy here again. I lived in the South, Smyrna SC for several years, had 768 acres of land. I liked it but I never saw much in the way of real culture. I worked in Charlotte and rubbed elbows with artists and shit like that but I never understood this need to identify as southern. It was always so strange that these people had to make such a big deal out of me being a yankee all the fucking time.
Never saw so many lazy mother fuckers in my life too. Charlotte, Atlanta... just people sitting around all fucking day.

My county is blue, my city has more PhDs than most cities in the country due to the rocket program, genetic research facilities, etc.

But I'm sure it's way cooler out in Montana where all of the 12 residents of the state have high school diplomas.

butt hurt much you inbred rednecks?

You seem really butthurt about your time in the South.

And you seem anally wrecked that without the north the south would not exist. The reconstruction is the only reason you aren't third world.

>complains about inbreeding
>posts jew

>And you seem anally wrecked that without the north the south would not exist
How do you figure? You're the only person ITT obsessing over the civil war. You immediately jumped into the thread just to have a civil war debate, and you seem really disappointed that I'm not biting and defending "muh confederate heritage"

I like Sarah but what does she have to do with this?
Seriously... i really don't know

I wouldn't know about Montana. I'm from Seattle. We're better than you here and we'll let you know it... in a highly passsive aggressive manner.

You are exactly correct. I did jump right to the civil war. Because it was that event that formed the southern identity.
That and I hate the fucking south.

plus i completely derailed your redneck ass.

>maryland
>cultural south
have you ever even been there?

>Because it was that event that formed the southern identity.
not even bro. you really didn't get out much when you lived in the south did you?

I didn't say it was a perfect fit. You need to overlap it with other maps, like business that use the word "dixie" in the title or where restaurants serve sweet tea.

imo the biggest contributor to southern culture was the slave trade. african culture influenced food, music, religion, etc. in the south in profound ways that still reverberate today. but scots-irish heritage is also a big part of musical and religious traditions

>Because it was that event that formed the southern identity.
>That and I hate the fucking south.

Southern Identity was likely formed back when deciding the placement of the US capital and the discussion of the debts incurred from the Revolution.
The South is still full of retards, likely due to how the system works there. Less funding, less education, less people to vote for their own interests and not for the rich elitists, which means less funding. Go figure.