Does Sup Forums like this movie? It gives me a grin from ear to ear. Mel plays such an amazing and unrepentant asshole

Does Sup Forums like this movie? It gives me a grin from ear to ear. Mel plays such an amazing and unrepentant asshole.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bui8shxlYl0.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked it a good bit. It's always fun to see a true antihero.

Great movie. Mel is just so fucking likable and enjoyable to watch and this movie plays the cheese perfectly. To my understanding, the director's cut is lighter on the jokes and more violent?

Yeah the director's cut is almost a totally different movie as far as tone goes. It's interesting watching them to see how different they are.

To be hones I prefer what I think is described as Mel Gibsons version. I normally hate it when directors lose control of their projects but it really is just a much more enjoyable movie that way.

If I wanted dark and serious then I may as well watch the original film it's a remake of Point Blank.

Hope you fucking watched the ghetto cut of it

The director's cut is basically an entirely different movie. It's amazing how you can drastically change the mood and feeling of a movie just by some editing.

Gibson ruined it with his+studio cut.

Well, it starts out good that the antagonist is the focus of the story, but it suddenly becomes normal Chuck Norris film about a half way through it. I suspect something must've had happened during production at time. Mel Gibbson ought to re-do this film. I think it got the potential.

The sequel is pretty good too.

>it's a remake of Point Blank.
It's an adaptation of Richard Stark's novel Parker: The Hunter, actually.

Is Edge of Darkness what you're considering to be the sequel?

No, Its this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bui8shxlYl0.

They made a Dortmunder movie, but with Parker as the main character.

I thought Jason Statham did a better job.

actually in my top 10. like many action movies, loses its way in terms of pacing a bit towards the end but the plot has enough going on to not feel like it is ever dragging.

one of the few instances where the movie outdoes the book.

>one of the few instances where the movie outdoes the book.
Different mediums. I haven't seen this since it came out but I read the novel recently and found it thoroughly engrossing and exciting. Crime fiction at its best.

The Darywn Cooke comics adaptation is pretty alright, too.

The book is not very good.

Oh shit, I forgot about this movie. I absolutely loved it but haven't seen it since it came out.

It's not great literature but it's good crime fiction. I don't know what more you were looking for.

God-tier Neo Noir.

All crime fiction is not very good.

plebs detected