Why wasn't the Large Hardon Collider built in the US?

why wasn't the Large Hardon Collider built in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE
youtube.com/watch?v=Mgbjb8229f8
youtu.be/pyVNlvzzSFA?t=177
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they're idiots who couldn't build one without trying to weaponise it and kill us all

the americans dont believe in science that doesnt create a product that can be sold

The "E" on CERN stands for "European", bro...

It was planned to build a bigger one in Texas I believe. But Congress decided to just "let them spend the money and steal their discoveries like they did all the xx century"

Because it's the Centre for EUROPEAN Nuclear Research.

i know it was built by euros but why didnt america build a bigger better one?

they were building one like 2x the size of the LHC back in the 80s or 90s in texas, but the gov hates funding shit without weaponization potential so they canceled funding after they finished digging out the tunnels. Yay america.

The documentary "particle fever" discusses this

because murrican hardons are too small

you got one in Chicago

>Implying an endeavour of that size would be built in the US
>requiring multiple state and federal approvals across state lines
>requiring land permits that would make pipeline issues look easy
>requiring massive federal science funding
>EU open borders give more scientists access

It's not as feasible, but frankly, it was never a US project so it's kind of moot speculation

Because other countries also have science programs and they often do different research and build different things.

Anymore questions? There shouldn't be this pretty much closes it...

No funding for science and space cause our presidents have autism and like war only

correction: you had one
it's shut down

They got the permission and tunnels were digged. Congress just didn't want to

America voted Bush jr for consecurtive terms, and just elected a man who doesnt go to intelligence meetings because he's a "smart guy"

And you're wondering why scientific frontiers arent high on the priority list.

Because America hates science.

You chimps literally wouldn't know what to do with it.

>digged

this.

> "Large Hardon Collieder"

Thats the reason, right there. Americans are fucking STUPID

Because in Americunt country you all say "In god we trust" and then you pray for your daily dinner, daily nigger shootings, and daily redneck newcoming president will start a war with Saudiarabia so you can boost the oil priceses.

Conservatives in congress were more excited about giving rich people tax cuts than in cutting-edge ground-breaking research that would advance our knowledge of quantum physics, chemistry, energy production, and nanotechnology.

Hell, most conservative members of congress don't even know what of quantum physics, chemistry, energy production, and nanotechnology are.

That's actually really close to the exact story. . . . Minus the parts where the scientists lied about it being related to better understanding laser weapons and being way behind with donors backing out as potential legacy products were pushed back with every delay.

That's how level 3 came into being.

You think you could know an area so well that you could create an environment around it that could very easily replace it, or describe it, and then apply some of the rules of decay with a stasis for the effects of time as a "signal" that could then make it so that if you made a banana peel in the future decary quicker, you impulse the butterfly effect?

and then map downward along a graph of possibilities over the continuum for that butterfly effect to echo in?

>Large Hardon Collider

trump probably doesn't need to plan to thwart if he's got communication skills.

Didn't want to be the first ones to go if it exploded or turned into a black hole

Because Trump wasn't president back then.

Posting

If you think about it, it's almost like when other countries opted out of a satellite because they would get the Wonder of the World achievement.

Except now we're doing it and are going to wait for the chinese to sell it to everyone with a family or two as an added bonus.

The fuck is a "Hard-on" collider.
I've heard of "Hadron" ones, but never the other kind.

Which he does not.

Not enough room for it.

You're a god amongst men

Because if we did it here, we'd have to pay for it. This way we can have all the benifits without any of the responsibility.

>tfw this is actually how it went down.

>Trump cares about science
kek

More Nobel winners and only country to put man on the moon. pic related

>Take that shit back to Shitstan, Moohammit.

I don't need every detail in an state of the union speech. If you haven't been keeping up, don't expect to be caught up when you inevitably get "caught up", as the obamas and lefts would say, when you realize what they said even if you have no clue what it going on.

FOR SCIENCE.

forgot pic for that
>>when
at the end there

is the tubbo in the pic the same person as vid?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE

European Union is stronger and more influential than the US alone.

I was actually pretty upset that the americans got the fame for detecting gravitational waves. But the detectors where build in US ..

i think they funded to build one in texas? not sure but what happened was the US spent 2 billion dollars to dig a huge hole, and then spent another 2 billion to refill the hole. michio kaku was talking about it and how stupid that was

loool i think so. the tent she uses as a skirt even looks the same.

don't worry OP
you already have a simple particle Collider.
It's called the LA highway transportation system.
all the US simple minded particles on one line trying to collide.

Because America won't appropriate funds for science. Only endless wars and the prison industrial complex.

Bigger, definitely. "Better," absolutely not.
>Japan would have made a smaller, yet more efficient one.

it takes 13 countries to bearly equal the power of 1 country

youtube.com/watch?v=Mgbjb8229f8 skip to around 4 minutes he talks about it

I heard he just appointed Roosh V as his head of science (the science of pussy grabbing without getting busted)

We put a man on the moon because of the cold war. It never would have happened otherwise.

Because it is both utterly pointless and extremely dangerous.

Were smart enough to know when technology passes the point of usefulness and into stupidity. The Haddon collider is pure, unadulterated stupidity.

>why wasn't the Large Hardon Collider built in the US?
Because there is already one in the US it's called Ferma lab. Near Chicago. And they needed the other one on the other side of the world. There is another secret one in Antarctica. I was briefly stationed there for 6 months in 2003 while it was under construction.

muricans cant build shit. thats why.

The right need more tax cuts, fuck off.

Well, you do have a population of over 320 million, so it's reasonable that you would need several EU countries to match the US. My country can never match yours in power (only 5 mill people) but our wealth and economy are way stronger than yours. We have no budget deficits, and we do have education and healthcare for everyone.

Large Hadron Collider is the pussy

The orgasm by penetration is key here.

And I doubt you have a 70 year old toddler and his cronies intent on running your (our) already culturally, economically, politically decrepit country into the ground.

Not understanding how it works are you? WEEB faggot

>our wealth and economy are way stronger than yours

no idea where you live, but if its in europe your countrys wealth and economy depend on the us

Stop lying bitch. It's located beneath the Svalbard seed vault. I was stationed there for 10 months, I even banged Condi when she visited. I love that the wiki page only claims the thing costed 9 million USD. Guess the fuckers don't know about the lower levels

CTR crybaby found.

Thread

The large Hardon collider. In other words, Trump.

There was going to be one in texis

truth

Meh.. live with it. We have a conservative government (that I voted for). They are doing a pretty good job, but times are bit tough due to the low oil prices. But that mainly affects the oil fags in the western parts.

usa goal is to set the way for monetizing space while europeans tend to understand space first before they sell it

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That spells CENR

Do you?

yes

Because of Jesus.

EU is pulling ahead of the US in science, largely because jesus freaks are still denying evolution and climate change, and are prosecuting scientists that are involved with fetal tissue research. It's not a conducive atmosphere for scientific advancement. The religious right is basically sinking this ship.

>sycophant

Hm.

Seems like the US was doomed even if Hillary had been elected youtu.be/pyVNlvzzSFA?t=177

CERN = Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire

I doubt it, but okay.

Because this is jesus land now. Our time of scientific superiority has past.

Yup. The US lost at the end of the primaries. It's all downhill from there.

The abbreviation is in French, you Ameritard:

Organisation Européenne pour la Recherche Nucléaire

>why wasn't the Large Hardon Collider built in the US?

Because the potential for scientific discovery was available for all, otherwise it's not science.

Americans are willing to fund research, which promises a return on investment, not science.

This really is not that complicated.

I don't even know what the fuck you just said.

hurry up and buy

Per capita, your rank is 11. BTW, this is only scientific laureates. That puts the US at a respectable 1/mio, Switzerland got 2.4. There are higher numbers, but mostly because they're tiny nations you probably never heard of.

>balls aren't touching
Not gay

I'M JUST LOOKING.

hahaha what an idiot you actually believe that. hahahaha

Proud of you

> (You)
>Stop lying bitch. It's located beneath the Svalbard seed vault. I was stationed there for 10 months, I even banged Condi when she visited. I love that the wiki page only claims the thin
> (You)
>Stop lying bitch. It's located beneath the Svalbard seed vault. I was stationed there for 10 months, I even banged Condi when she visited. I love that th
e wiki page only claims the thing cos
ted
> (You)
>Stop lying bitch. It's located beneath the Svalbard seed vault. I was stationed there for 10 months, I even banged Condi when she visited. I love that the wiki page only claims the thing costed 9 million USD. Guess the fuckers don't know about the lower levels
9 million USD. Guess the fuckers don't know about the lower levels
costed 9 million USD. Guess the fuckers don't know about the lower levels

Rumor was they were/are trying to change/shift the climate at the poles (move it's location) just enough to reveal/expose the natural resource under the ice caps.

>Hook
>Line
>Sinker

We were building a bigger and better one 10 years before the LHC. It was the superconducting supercolider, and no one cared about it so they shut it down after wasting some money and digging a really big hole.

no. you come you buy you go

CARN