What's a good non-European language to train your brain?

I heard that learning a foreign language makes you think differently, but I also wanna learn a language that doesn't translate well to English to get the most bang for my time, so to speak.

I'm thinking either Sanskrit, Japanese, Arabic, Russian

If that's your only motivation I don't think you will last long. You can't rationalize picking a second language.

I'm interested in all of these languages and culture; it's just that I only have time to learn one.

>using your brain so little that you need to get out of your way to use it
>learning a language you don't even need
>learning Sanskrit for any reason whatsoever
you wanna do something you actually have a chance of completing and that might actually be vaguely useful, learn scripts. Learn Russian cyrillic (easy tier desu), then the Greek alphabet (not hard either, just learn how to pronounce gamma right), and if you want a challenge learn the Arabic scripts, tashkil included. Been there done that, it comes in handy more than you'd think, although maybe not in America.

tupi-guarani

>tupi-guarani

Are you suggesting that different languages don't cause you to think in different ways? I don't think it's a waste of time to experience a different metaphorical representation of the world; language is the door to perception itself.

I don't see how learning merely alphabets would help much though...

>hurr I'm gonna learn a language to open my mind's door to perception
>hurr I'm gonna learn Sanskrit which no one actually speaks, let alone anyone I know
>learn 5 words and forget about it after a year because you literally have no use for it
how old are you? You sound like a high schooler

whereas
>learn cyrillic
>see Russian shit everywhere
>everytime you do you can decipher it
>you can figure out lots of words

that isnt real, it was just created by a Writer trying to break the chords with our shitty culture and creating a proper nacional identity

finnish for the ebin memes

>>hurr I'm gonna learn a language to open my mind's door to perception
>>hurr I'm gonna learn Sanskrit which no one actually speaks, let alone anyone I know
>>learn 5 words and forget about it after a year because you literally have no use for it
>how old are you? You sound like a high schooler

lol, I don't *need* to speak it seeing as practically anyone of value already knows English.

I'm interested in merely experiencing the literature of the ancient Vedics, of Hindu literature in its purest form.

>how old are you? You sound like a high schooler

oh and I'm 23

>I'm interested in merely experiencing the literature of the ancient Vedics, of Hindu literature in its purest form.
kek, autism: the post. Yeah sure go ahead and become fluent enough in ancient Sanskrit so you can read ancient texts with ease

Fuck off Polack, your language sounds like toilet sounds

Suahili.

Jesus fucking christ you're autistic. Nobody cares about you god damn rage boner, poland

t.wise one

any latin language (spanish, portuguese, italian, french) is european and very different from english

also this guy: is right, pick a language that will be useful beyond thinking differently or you wont be motivated enough, i'd go for a european one, so you can actually use it in a civilized country. wtf is sanskrit btw

I'm surprised Africa has laws about this kind of thing DESU. Not like there's any enforcement.

I have to agree.
You are just retarded piece of shit.

>I like Indian stuff and wanna learn their language
>better go to Sup Forums and ask them what lang. should I learn then disagree with them and tell 'em I wanna learn Sanskrit

You live a sad life OP and you are probably faggot as well.

fuck off stupid fucking Anglo shitfag.

All Anglos should have been genocided long time ago, they are the virus that plagues this Earth.

Americans are said to be dumb af and ignorant. Its not their fault tho they just reap what the British have sown.
Its not their fault they inherited a fucking dementia from Britain. For that I am very sorry for them.
But unlike Bongs who are fucking retarded dumb pieces of shit on their little fucking inbred faggot island,
poor Americans also inherited some actual human genes from the mainland Europe and Ireland, which
diluted Anglo genes to something that might resemble decent human being and in turn made them successful
and very vocal. Thus the world got to know Americans as dumb fucking retards. Which has not ever been their
fault, but fault of the forced British inbreeding system on their faggy fucking island.

America, its not too late, you gotta import some hq genes to rid yourself of the bong blood that poisons your body and mind.

good luck finding ressource to learn this shit

Latin if you are a filthy casual or ancient Greek if you are really hardcore.

>>better go to Sup Forums and ask them what lang. should I learn then disagree with them and tell 'em I wanna learn Sanskrit

I'm not disagreeing with anyone; just no one is providing any reasoning for their suggestions. I'm debating whether to learn Sanskrit or Japanese.

As for the rest of your post, didn't read. Go suck your toilet friendo's cocko

sanskrit is easy enough to learn since its pronunciation is perfect, there's only 2000 base affixes from which all other words are derived with sandhi, and only 800 of them are in the gita. there is a movement in india in some parts to bring back full classical sanskrit but its still limited to a few villages and academics

Vedic sanskrit is still somewhat untranslated because it has so many peculiar uses of language, many of which we don't have proper context for because they're all esoteric poems regarding rituals and prayers. The vedas are all basically available in english online anyway so its worthless