Seriously for a moment

Is all of this Batman V Superman stuff still a meme?

"Capekino", Zack Snyder, bragging about how it's a flawless work of art and such, has it passed the point of irony? What percentage of Sup Forums's population legitimately enjoys the movie? Is it all part of the "Marveldrones vs DCcucks" scenario? Is it all just a big circular in-joke?

I just feel like Batman v Superman dominates this entire board now.

The people who call it capekino are a low % of tv posters but they are also some of the most autistic, and because of this they post alot, creating the illusion that more people think bvs is good.

At what point will it end? How far from the release of Batman v Superman do we need to get before it stops making up 75% of Sup Forums threads?

they try to establish this awesome team up, and it was fucking embarrassing.

it's like a kid made that show in his back yard with his mates. it doesn't help that Gadot looks like absolute garbage as WW.

I enjoyed the movie. hate me for it I dont care, but Ive not been spamming the board. Just like discussing the movie since the ultimate cut came out last week

We're getting off topic, the point of this thread is literally "How much of this is ironic"?

I assume there's a subset that do legitimately like BvS, or even consider it a great movie. But thoes who say it's a "masterpiece" or a "perfect movie" is that ironic? I just can't see that being anyones actual honest to god opinion. I mean it's pretty average right?

Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.

What about all the love for 'Zack Snyder' and all those weird huge images about his biblical references and such, making absurdly deep inferences into misc scenes in the movie, is that a big joke or is it conspiracy-theorist-esque 'reading between the lines'?

it's not a great movie, but the few that did thoroughly enjoy it are spamming it hard, for some reason.

it might be obsessed DC fans who want their stuff to be as popular as marvel on Sup Forums

Honest, non-meme opinion: I only watched the ultimate edition or however it's called, and I liked it. It was alright. I just felt like it didn't quite achieve the Watchman-like, serious atmosphere it was going for.

My biggest complaint is the premature use of Doomsday, and how he kept reminding me of the horrible new Ninja Turtles design.

are you me?

My guess would be that they become more vocal because they more so feel a need to validate their view.

I loved Civil War, but I'm not constantly posting about how everyone here who doesn't like it is a pleb who can't comprehend true capekino, because it's already a success. I don't need to validate it.

I never really felt like there was any popularity-disparity between Man of Steel/Batman v Superman and the Marvel movies, they've just been around longer.

I mean both the DC movies made like 800 million dollars, as much as an Iron Man or Thor movie

thats the beauty of a perfect meme.

poes law

I geuinely like it and think it is objectively better than any marvel film

they are one and the same.

there is one legitimate thing with the work of art behind them when they meet but lex saying day v night just kinda ruins it

I was pleasantly surprised, after expecting it to be a giant mess like I thought Man of Steel was.

I rated Man of Steel at 4/10 while I'd give Bat v Supes at 7.5/10.

Never really got caught up in the contrarian teenage group-think wave.

I still get a laugh out of this prediction more than a year ago

Ok, quick question what was that devilike thing that appeared on the ship for a second?
I was drunk when I watched the movie and can't remember.

I will say, the one thing I feel was pretty poor about the movie was the Martha scene.

I mean I know it's a relatively small thing to rag on, and it's considered the "easy target", but it's such a large hinge of the movie, it's the crux that repairs the relationship of Bats and Supes, but it seems like such a weird contrivance. I mean they could've written whatever script they wanted, couldn't they have found a better reason for them to work together? Or extended it a little? I mean it's a 3 hour long movie, and they come together in about 35 seconds at the very end

yes

Probably, considering Sup Forums is mostly comprised of shitposting samefags.

I don't quite comprehend why I still go to this board every now and then. It's the bane of my existence.

Why would you be surprised? Millers TDKR was insanely popular

I think For You in Batman was such a minor flaw it got riffed into space, but Martha, is so legitimately bad, there's nothing that can be said about it.

was Aquagook scene cut from directors cut? i havent seen him.

I think it's by and large shitposting at this point, there were a few defenders of the faith around the original release of the movie, but I have a feeling most of the Capekino threads made these days are purely ironic and fueling the shitposting fire.

What?

could be a 10 hour movie, still would not alleviate the martha issue.

Wasn't there like a monster or something Lex saw?

Yeah in the extended edition, he was meditating infront of it and it sort of evaporated? I dunno, I guess it's the bad guy for the next movie right? "He's coming, and he's hungry", lex says that at the very end in the jail scene

WHY'D YOU SAY THAT

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

I enjoed it, but I also crashed my car trying to be as cool as ryan gosling in drive. So I am a little sensible for autism.

wtf is this?

Apparently that was an image of Steppenwolf, uncle of Darkseid.

No idea who that is, but I too was curious after watching the movie so I looked it up.

It's all right, dour but all right. Not something that I immediately want to watch again. I understand that DC needs to have their universe now and whatnot but it's just sad. It would have been so much better just as a BvS movie. Also way too many dream sequences. Lots of things are wrong but at least it looks all right and is not the worst thing since asparagus. But it was a dissapointment to all of us. Such wasted potential. My inner child wanted to see BvS but instead I got a hot mess.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, the movie will fade from public memory and the shitposting will die down anyway.

Just gotta wait it out.

Steppenwolf one of Darkseids lieutenants

your mom

Its a meme IMO.

Its only redeeming feature are is batman scenes and some interesting stuff with led luthor earlier on.

Otherwise I think that its an objectively bad movie.

4/10 and barely worth the time it takes to sit through its bloated run time. Unless you give Synder the massive benefit of the doubt by thinking of it as some deconstructionist manifesto it is pretty friggen bad.

Oh, by ship I was thinking a water ship.

It's not exactly clear what that is, but since at the end Lex clearly knows something is coming, its a safe bet that's one of Darkseid's generals that was communicating with him. Most likely Steppenwolf, since we already know that's the next main villain.

Lex Luthor: [looks at a picture of angels vs demons] That should be upside down. We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky.

The Flash: Bruce! Listen to me now! It's Lois! Lois Lane! She's the key! Am I too soon? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us, Bruce! You have to find us!

Lex Luthor: Boys! Mm, Bruce Wayne meets Clark Kent. Ah, I love it! I love bringing people together! How are we?
[shakes Bruce's hand]
Bruce Wayne: Lex.
Lex Luthor: Hello. Good.
[turns to Clark]
Lex Luthor: Hi, hello.
[shakes Clark's hand]
Lex Luthor: Lex. It is a pleasure... Ow! Wow, that is a good grip! You should not pick a fight with this person.

Superman: Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
[Superman begins to walk away]
Batman: Tell me. Do you bleed?
[Superman flies away as Batman watches on]
Batman: You will.

Why was the script writing so awful for this movie?

Why did they bother with all those scenes of the senator and importing the kryptonite and the whole go-around with Superman going to the hearing, only to blow it up at the last second and render it all pointless?

>Bane

thanks

>The Flash: Bruce! Listen to me now! It's Lois! Lois Lane! She's the key! Am I too soon? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us, Bruce! You have to find us!
What's your problem here?

No purpose in the movie what-so-ever, doesn't help the plot, doesn't affect anything really, just DC setting up their future money-makers in advance

I don't think it's perfect, but I still think it's amazing and ambitious. I also unironically think that Snyder is monstrously misunderstood. I didn't used to care much for MoS until I understood what he was doing with the imagery, and that came courtesy of BvS.

I kinopost too, but I only do it for the lulz.

Meh. I am fine with elements in a movie directed to things outside the main plot. It's not like the big European master pieces enslave every flame to the main plot. I found it strange though that Batman seemed to have forgotten about this (I guess?) or just believed it was a dream.

I love this movie, I've never been ironic about it.

>until I understood what he was doing with the imagery
Yeah, subtle, very subtle.

why did lex blow up that qt asian? they were supposed to be a team :(

>The Flash

I'm pretty sure nobody recognized him as Flash at first. He looks like a cheap Mexican wrestler

What's the cross behind the priest mean in that scene?

It's frightening seeing these cretins think Snyder elevated Superman with this garbage movie.

I always thought the "Snyder symbolism" stuff was part of the ironic meme, I mean it's pretty obtuse stuff just placing him infront of pictures of jesus and the sun, I mean they literally compare him to a god in the dialogue CONSTANTLY, I never felt like it was particularly cerebral stuff, just basic movie imagery.

He was getting cucked by Hugh Jackman in Japan and was too much of a bitch to confront him

I'm fine with them working with the material they had rather than coming up with some sort of deus ex machina.

Bruce and Clark both have mothers named Martha for a reason, right?

>Meh. I am fine with elements in a movie directed to things outside the main plot.
Even if they're directed to ONLY shill their sequel?

Stick to one movie at a time please.

Screenshot?. Also a crucifix iis a crucifix. So it's torment, death, rebirth, a deity suffering, responsibility to what the Father planned, y' know Jesus stuff. I know you probably watched an mega deep analysis on YT stating something slightly different but to anyone even superficially accustomed to symbolism or the bible it's quite clear what Snyder is doing. But I am taking the bait. Please indulge me.

did superman call his mom 'martha' in the comics? i'm pretty sure he did so in smallville. i mean, everyone calls their mom just 'mom', but i guess it's a bit different for him.

>Bruce and Clark both have mothers named Martha for a reason, right?

No, it's a coincidence that never plays a part in the comic other then being a fun fact

I don't understand why they wrote in a bomb at all, even in the extended edition they added all sorts of scenes where Lois investigates the bombers house, calls up morpheus and tells him to run a story because it "Might affect what superman says at the hearing." But the people who wrote those lines also knew that the hearing was never going to happen in the first place, all the scenes of Lex and the senator talking in his house, in the corridors of the senate, Superman talking with his mother about whether or not to go to the hearing at all.

Then it just blows up before anyone can even say anything, invalidating the entire first half of the movie. What was the point of it all?

Well I mean, yeah, you can tell all of that in a single glance. They talk about it a lot in the script, about how him coming to earth changes things, straight up calling him a God, it just doesn't seem that deep to me.

>On another level, it's a visual metaphor for what it is to be Superman - just a regular guy trying to be a hero
>Superman
>a regular guy
That's Spiderman.

>I know you probably watched an mega deep analysis on YT

Nope, totally my own take on it. It's symbolic of the burden Clark is laying on the priest by turning to him for advice and of the priest accepting that burden. It's there to tell the viewer that Clark's aware of what he's doing and what he's asking of this simple priest.

Notice how it's only after Clark confesses his secret and the priest visibly gulps that we start seeing Clark framed with the stained glass depiction of the Christ. It's because at that moment, the priest starts seeing him as something more than human.

Clark begins and ends the conversation framed against a largely blank, white background, which indicates that by unburdening himself to the priest and confessing not only his origins, but also his fears and doubts, the priest has overcome his initial reaction to Clark's revelation and has come to see him as nothing more than a troubled man seeking counsel.

I don't get why people pretend this isn't leaps and bounds better than Civil War.

When the only good things you can say are two guest appearances that "stole the show" the movie doesn't sound that great.

And when all that's said negatively is a woman's name, it sounds like you're finding things to dislike because it's:
1) A Snyder flick
2)A sequel to Man of Steel

>Superman - just a regular guy trying to be a hero

Ignoring this, which is just wrong.

Whats the point of all the "metaphors" when every second line od dialogue about Superman has people calling him a God.

What's the point when you are beating people over the head with it in every scene?

Superman's just a Kansas farmboy that happens to have the powers of a demigod. It's not the powers that make him what he is. It never has been,

For gods sake, I made this thread to be an escape from ironic shitposting of the meme, take yourselves to any of the other 100 million Batman v Superman "Capekino omfg based snyder is a genius" threads.

It's the exact opposite, he was born Superman then became Clark Kent.

Just because you've managed to extend out a very simple piece of imagery by writing multiple sentences explaining every last little detail of it, doesn't make it any more complex.
A guy standing infront of a cross is jesus symbolism, yes, it doesn't suddenly elevate a movie into a picturesque masterpiece deeper than a symphony.

You DO realize they're shitposting right?

Man, at this point I don't know anymore

What's "super" about his mind? Anything? What's "super" about his personality or psychology? That's what I'm talking about here.

It's a fucking 2016 action flick. Is this all a meme? Is any of this real? Are we all just ironically shitposting into each others mouths in an endless circle?

As a point of fact, he was born Kal-El, was adopted as Clark Kent, and chose to become Superman. Of those three identities, the most fundamental is Clark.

>poes
Fok yulle naaiers

Where in my post did I say any of that? I just said it's better than Civil War.

That and the irrefutable fact that whenever someone asks why they dislike BvS, there's never anything legitimately valid. Weak arguments like Martha, which while incredibly cheesy, still had at least some meaning in the context of the movie.

The pacing is 100% fixed, and nearly every hole people claimed existed are now filled in with the Ultimate cut.

So, instead of being the shitposter you accuse others of being, how about try forcing out an opinion or two that at least has substance.

Instead of well memeing all over the place like some tryhard faggot

he is super stupid and super naive as well as super autistic

This movie wouldbe been a lot better with no lex, no wonder woman, no cgi rock monster, and no dc extended universe shit.

just give me batman and superman getting mad at each other and fighting multiple times throughout a movie. fuck. what a disappointment this movie was and i waited for the extended cut

But you're the one who hasn't brang anything to the table. If you look through this thread there's literally tens of massive plotholes and problems with this movie, but all you've done is call me a faggot and say it's "100% fixed". Are YOU shitposting? Do you even believe the things you're saying? Are you just trying to get a rise out of people?

Someone help, I don't even know what's a meme and what isn't anymore.

fuck off retard

Is this the final form of the Batman v Superman meme?

I enjoyed it. I also enjoy Ozu, Bergman, Bay to name few.

To me this was a better take on superheroes than anything Marvel has done of recently. Ang Lee's Hulk is one I like from Marvel.

It ain't just me, user, and it ain't just meme. I'm telling you flat-out that that's what the imagery is there to sell. It's the first time it's had anything more than just the most superficial of uses in regards to this character.

Whether or not you think that's a brilliant use for it is another matter entirely, but I happen to think that it is. Hell, Lex even calls out by name three other gods that he's shown "being" during these two films. It isn't all just "muh Jesus."

Me personally, I like to picture Jesus as a mischievous badger.

poor writing

>it ain't just meme
> It's the first time it's had anything more than just the most superficial of uses
>I like to picture Jesus as a mischievous badger.

What even is irony any more, is Batman v Superman finally becoming an ascended meme, like Bane?

>mfw I started the capekino meme and spammed about how much Ultimate Cut is better until everyone believes
Snyder should fucking pay me

>It ain't just me starts playing

It's Poe's Law. Look closely and you'll be able to spot the difference. The more overblown and hyperbolic the praise, the less likely it is to be sincere.

I sincerely love these movies and appreciate what Snyder, his team, and WB seem to be attempting with the DCEU.

You're responsible for destroying Sup Forums?

That's the point of my argument. They didn't just make something up, they used existing information without directly copying the comic books.

Regardless of where the name came from, they couldn't have written a better reason for bats and supes to work together than that? That's seriously they best they could come up with? They put hundreds of millions of dollars into this movie. Think about that.

This is what I said tho in essence. It's not deep at all.

It's not deep but its well used visual storytelling. Note the important part is that the priest sees Clark as symbol and reduces him from a being to a painting

It humanizes Supes in a way that Batman can understand. If he had just said "save my mother!" It would have had the same effect, but they used her name to make it more dramatic.

It is convenient that Clark suddenly refers to his mother as 'Martha'. He should've said 'mother' and Lois runs in to yell about 'He is talking about Martha' and then Batman gets triggered (trauma triggers are real)