Would you accept your gf texting and keeping her ex as a friend?

Would you accept your gf texting and keeping her ex as a friend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCcZyW-6-5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nope
/thread

I've been in this situation before. I told her it made me uncomfortable. She told him that. His response was something like "Well that's not a good relationship he should really have trust in you." Knew right then and there he was trying to weasel his way in again. Told her to stop being so fucking naive and that was the end of it. So the answer is no, I would not accept that shit. Tell her how you feel about it and if she doesn't care and keeps doing it, drop that bitch.

If she wants to keep him as a friend it means she's not ready to let go. And if you tell her that and she gets mad and denies it, then you know for sure.

That's legit the exact scenario that happened to me. She started asking me if I trusted her out of nowhere "oh idk just wondering", asked to check her messages and the ex was trying to make her question the integrity of our relationship. Told her to never tell others problems in our relationship, let alone an ex, I was on the brink of breaking up with her and she knew it, so she blocked the guy and I haven't had a problem with it since then - and that was a few months ago.

is she being honest with me, I can trust her that its solely friends? yes, fine. I am friends and talk with more than one of my exes.

is she being cagey about talking to exes, and I cant trust her?
no. If I cant trust her, she's unlikely to be my gf for very long.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCcZyW-6-5o

My gf seems kind of like a 'friend collector' if that makes sense. She doesn't understand that people will come and go in her life, and tries to keep contact with just about everybody - regardless of how close she is with them. I don't know how to explain to her that it's not healthy or normal to do that.

No fucks given, but I'm a nihilist.

Don't /thread yourself you egomaniacle faggot

No. Hes only going to try to fuck her and shes just going to use you till she goes back to fucking him.

There's a difference in "collecting friends" and being friends with someone you used to love. She is either completely naive or not ready to let go.

Regardless of how much you trust her, would you still not feel uncomfortable?

>cucked

How would you explain to somebody completely naive that the behaviour is weird?

Labeling youself means you arent, and youre really just a faggot.

The only acceptable reason to remain in contact with an ex is if the two have a kid together. Anything else is unjustified. Especially if you tell them your not comfortable with it.

An ex is a ex period.

i'd say the answer is it depends:

1. your girl and him split up and tried to stay friends immediately, you and her then get together. Probably not ok in this situation.

2. your girl and him split up and they have zero contact of any description for months/years. Probably ok in this situation, there's no feelings left there.

This is based on you actually being able to trust her and have grown up conversations with her.

If she's secretive and edgy, broom the bitch.

Be honest with her. It's honestly not even a matter of trust at that point. It's respect. If you're enter a relationship with someone it means you're ready to move on from the past. Unless you're Fuck buddies that means the plan is for the long haul, having someone else like that in the picture is not going to help no matter how much of a "friend" he is. Don't explain it like that though. If she doesn't realize she shouldn't be in contact with exes maybe she's too immature for you bro. Don't know how old you are, but honestly shit doesn't fly like that when you're older unless you're a cuck

My GF had an ex in her life. He caused a lot of issues. I bought her flowers once and she posted it on Facebook, and he angrily texted her talking about how she would never post pics of stuff he gave her.

It took me a while, but I finally got her to stop talking to her ex and she blocked him. He was a source of a lot of our fights early on, but it's been smooth since.

So yeah, I definitely am not okay with an ex being in the picture.

no.

If I'm able to chat with my exes, catch up with them for a drink, talk about films and books I enjoy, and say if I'm doing fine with my current partner, then I'm perfectly comfortable with her doing the same with her ex.

why should I find it uncomfortable? I'm not an insecure kid. I know and accept that people I'm attached to have friends. I know they've fucked other people. And honestly, I've learnt from my own past mistake, that the sort of person who cuts all contact with every one of their exes and hates them, is the sort of person who's fucked up in the head. If I find someone appealing enough to be fucking them, then they're appealing enough to be a friend first. And that doesn't change if I'm no longer fucking them.

Yeah maturity is probably the problem. We're both at the ripe age of 18. The ex has been blocked for a few months and no problems so I probably won't ditch the relationship, but thanks for the insight.

You don't cut contact with exes because you hate them. You cut contact with them at least for a while because you need space from them. No ones saying its not okay to talk to your exes once in a while and catch up. What OP is talking about is his girlfriend is texting her ex and talking to him about their relationship and shit. It's not a matter of "insecurity" it's a matter of her actively cucking him

Good call user, though in all seriousness at least she never hid it from you. Though fuck that landmine user.

Nope

People that cut exes out of their lives don't necessarily hate them, they might just do it out of respect for future partners. I can understand keeping an ex as a friend if they're already in your friend group and you see them often in real life - but if bumping into them by chance is rare, why would you keep them around while there are still plenty of new friendly people around to start friendships with, without any baggage from being lovers?

>cucking

see pic.

You seem to be reading a lot into it. Is OP's GF's ex someone they went out with 6 weeks ago? or 20 years ago? are they still close? Are tehy simply people who are friends? there's a lot of assumption there.

I talk with exes I went out with 20 years ago regularly. I meet up with the ex I spent a decade with, we'll have a drink and talk about everything from politics to other friends' families, to what books we've found recently, etc. that even has been to the point of her trying to suggest other people she knows who are single, when I was single again.
And I'll visit their home, and chat with her husband, who, strangely enough has similar interests to me. (Weird that, she goes for a certain type.). He's not an insecure bitch either, so he knows fine well that we're going to meet up, no different to the way she'll meet up with any of a hundred other eople she's friends with who she didnt sleep with.

Why should I be worried if my current partner talks to her exes?

Hell the fuck no, what are you, stupid?

I don't think you realize that there's been a semantic change to the word cuck and it doesn't mean what it use to mean you pseudo intellectual faggot. Try considering context the next time you read something on the Internet you literal dope.

Most men keep in contact with their exes to keep the door open for future pussy. You'd have to be pretty ignorant not to see that.

do you except being a fucking fag?