The Australian children’s book author Mem Fox has suggested she might never return to the US after she was detained...

>The Australian children’s book author Mem Fox has suggested she might never return to the US after she was detained and insulted by border control agents at Los Angeles airport.

>“I have never in my life been spoken to with such insolence, treated with such disdain, with so many insults and with so much gratuitous impoliteness,” Fox said.

>“I felt like I had been physically assaulted which is why, when I got to my hotel room, I completely collapsed and sobbed like a baby, and I’m 70 years old.”

>Fox said she was questioned over her visa, despite having travelled to America 116 times before without incident. She was eventually granted access to the country.

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/australian-childrens-author-mem-fox-detained-by-us-border-control-i-sobbed-like-a-baby

What the fuck USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.freecodecamp.com/ill-never-bring-my-phone-on-an-international-flight-again-neither-should-you-e9289cde0e5f#.6b8dhkqc1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stupid people exist in any profession, don't blame an entire country for it.

straya BTFO

Mem(e) Fox

Hahaha the bitch cant take the hit.

I though Aussies were though, what happened?

Yanks aren't real people.

Hues now suck Amerishart dicks.

Really makes you think, huh.

american TSA personnel are legendary for being unprofessional, uneducated genetic deadends who get their satisfaction out of exerting power over people who are more successful than them (ie anyone who can afford to fly)
t. travel to the US often

>"Possum Magic"
This is Australian literature

Typical Aussie, can dish out the banter but can't take it back.

>Australian """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""women"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

border agents have to be strict or else its their job and the safety of other people on the line
i'm sure they deal with way too much shit on the regular to be nice to random people

this is true

AUSFAILIA BTFO

I shall bless this thread

this 2bh
the best way to not spend 4 hours in security is to just co-operate with them 100%

when we were living in America, my aunt came to visit and she got all mouthy at them for some reason and they questioned her for almost an hour, then they came to the area where you wait for people, took me and my dad to security, questioned my dad for like 5 minutes and they came to the conclusion that my aunt isn't a terrorist

In the year of our Lord, 2017, there are still people who haven't woken up about dealing with border agents.

>I’ll never bring my phone on an international flight again. Neither should you.

>All the security in the world can’t save you if someone has physical possession of your phone or laptop, and can intimidate you into giving up your password.

>On January 30th, Sidd Bikkannavar, a US-born scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory flew back to Houston, Texas from Santiago, Chile.

>On his way through the airport, Customs and Border Patrol agents pulled him aside. They searched him, then detained him in a room with a bunch of other people sleeping in cots. They eventually returned and said they’d release him if he told them the password to unlock his phone.

>Bikkannavar explained that the phone belonged to NASA and had sensitive information on it, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. He eventually yielded and unlocked his phone. The agents left with his phone. Half an hour later, they returned, handed him his phone, and released him.

>Companies like Elcomsoft make “forensic software” that can suck down all your photos, contacts—even passwords for your email and social media accounts—in a matter of minutes. Their customers include the police forces of various countries, militaries, and private security forces. They can use these tools to permanently archive everything there is to know about you. All they need is your unlocked phone.

medium.freecodecamp.com/ill-never-bring-my-phone-on-an-international-flight-again-neither-should-you-e9289cde0e5f#.6b8dhkqc1

tsau

>Step 1: Don't be brown
>Step 2: Be a normie
>Step 3: Play Candy Crush on your phone as you go through security

see, it's not that hard

One time i flew to the US, the evil white male patrarchic TSA agent thought i looked suspicious (i was travelling alone), so he made me sit in an office for 30 minutes. then i got questioned by some nice black girl and she let me go instantly and admitted me to the US.
really made me think

It's just one cuck

>then i got questioned by some nice black girl and she let me go instantly and admitted me to the US.

She wanted the schwanz.

I never fly to america anymore including connecting flights. It's not worth it having to stand in line for hours just to walk through some xray machine where they see your benis.

they alwas have

Don't worry Igor, I won't judge the entirity of Russia just because you are incapable of critical thinking.

Looks like she can't handle some light banter m8.

Canada has fully body scanners in their Toronto airport too my lad.

I gave up on visiting America long ago. It's not worth the humiliation. There's nothing they sell in America that can't be had in another country for cheaper.

I'm pretty sure most large international airports have full body scanners

Kek, exact same thing happened to me when I went to Venezuela not too long ago.

Boycotting American goods is starting to take off here for some reason as well.

TSA isn't ICE
TSA just checks baggage and people for unauthorized materials
ICE questions incoming visitors

flew for the first time ever from chi to ny roundtrip and had zero issue either time

memes

Our tourism industry's going to get kicked in the balls by this government, but tourists only go where people want to live so Trump voters won't feel anything

None of the people I know want to stop travelling to the US.

Also I had no problem with immigration or TSA ever.

I don't know what you're talking about. Whenever I'm returning to the US, I just show them my passport and they wave me through after like 10 seconds.

News stories and anecdotal stories have started circulating about border agents asking bizarre questions to people about Trump at the border. If we're getting harassed when we cross through I can only imagine how bad it is for people flying in.

>meme fox

>tfw slovenians turned monkeys against us
Never forget

Americans are all closet fascist

>are you a terrorist?
>i need that laptop (we take new laptops with us as company so they can't steal any data)
>and your phone
>any social media?
>we need to call your hotel so they can confirm your stay
>have a seat... for 3 hours
>any nazi family?
>why are you all carrying new laptops?

I rather not go to the US. I discussed it at my work. And going there voluntarily as a tourist is just retarded.