youtube.com/watch?v=-QTyRsREStI
youtube.com/watch?v=5ob31X30N9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=F6seIQ8rLp8
youtube.com/watch?v=SuNxz9xbSzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obviously.

yes

GHEERRSTBUSTERRRSSS

Yes. If you have an overwhelming morbid curiosity just pirate a camrip. Do not pay for this movie. Force the studios into risk and original ideas. Mainstream movies have been like fucking Groundhog Day for more than a decade.

>>Groundhog Day

Now I have to go watch that again.

Yes, but unfortunately, this movie will still make bank because of people that are curious about how bad it'll be.

The review embargo on this lifts today, right?

I just catched it today actually

I can't tell if you mean they have a similar tone to the movie, Groundhog Day, or that it's a never ending cycle of remakes.

His intentions may not have been malicious, but what was the point in making a video like this when it would only throw fuel unto the fire of the hate campaign directed against this movie?

airing in your homecountry I take it?

I realized the sentiment could have been cleared up by not including the word "like" before Groundhog Day. Sane people would still be able to get the meaning, but I didn't account for autists. Of course I meant never ending cycle of remakes.

I think it was more him trying to wake his audience of subscribers up and encourage them not to see it.

>Hurr durr the trailer looks bad
>Hurr durr this is not a review
>Hurr durr I refuse to watch the movie
>Hurr durr I actually watch bad movies all the time, but this one is special
What was the point of this again? Is he taking some political/consumerist stand against filthy cashgrabs? It's like a fucking infomercial. I haven't actually seen this movie either, but then I thought ghostbusters was a mediocre series to begin with.

why not just wait for the remake?

still one of the best episodes ever

To explain to the fans who keep emailing him asking "Did you knwo there's gonna be a new Ghostbusters?/Are you gonna review the new Ghostbusters movie?" that he's not going to bother.

>can't into similes
>everyone else is an autist

>groundhog day remake

Melissa McCarthy as Phyllis
Ryan Gosling as the producer she bags by the end

The point of this was to get his fans to shut the fuck up. For months they've been saying "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE GHOSTBUSTERS TRAILER?!" and "ARE YOU GONNA REVIEW THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS?!"

I don't get why so many people miss the point of the video, at one point in the video he directly talks about how he gets tons and tons of questions about the new Ghostbusters.

>implying phil won't be a transgender person of color

>>Groundhog Day

Now I have to go watch that again.

So? By not answering his fans he has done what exactly? Taken a stand against his fans? Is he arrogant enough to think he is above all his 2 million fans? What a disgrace this person is.

Yes. First reviews should be up about 3 p.m. EST.

>So? By not answering his fans he has done what exactly? Taken a stand against his fans?
Are you autistic? He politely told them that he isn't going to review it because he doesn't wanna support it since it's raping one of his all time favorite movies.

>Won't go see remake just because it shares a name with a movie he likes
Hail James, slayer of nerd-industrial complex.

It's shit

He DID answer his fans, you autistic fuck. With the video.

His answer was "it looks bad from the trailer and I love the original Ghostbusters too much, so I'm not going to bother seeing it".

The fact that such a benign and personal opinion was used as the stage for a battle of a ridiculous culture shows how fucking obnoxious the world has become.

>trailer didn't convince me to watch a movie

>must be mysoginete

The only thing that people who follow Youtube reviewers are looking for is confirmation. They either want someone to tell them how to feel about something or to repeat their own opinion back to them so they feel validated. Kill yourself.

>supporting a movie by reviewing it
That's a retarded argument. He has already made a video with "ghostbuster 2016" in the title, hence he is already giving the movie publicity, and thus supporting it.
No, that was his excuse.

Obviously Sup Forums is against his whole 'if you know it's going to be bad, then why are you paying to see it?', they hate most movies before they come out and they still see them.

>makes a video saying the movie isn't worth seeing
>is somehow still supporting the movie

The only retard here is you, friendo

The amount of people who actually go out and pay to see movies around here is a fraction of a fraction of the people posting about them. Most wait for rips.

Then he should have just written a tweet or sent out an email to his subscribers. He made a whole video about it and put it on youtube. He wanted attention.

How is "I am not going to review this movie because I don't want to see it" not a response to his fans asking when he was going to review the movie?

I can kinda see where that user is coming from. Him putting Ghostbusters in the title has nothing to do with it, but him talking about the movie still gives news sites opportunities to spin the story and avertise the movie. He wanted to make a small video for his subscribers to tell them he won't be reviewing the movie, but he ended up just opening a can of worms.

No, retard, and here's why.

If you judge books by covers/movies by trailers, you are an arrogant cunt whom doesn't know how to judge literature/cinema. He even admits the movie may not be bad, but still he refuses to see it. This is hands down a thinly veiled "please dont get angry at me feminists waah" video, and is worthless crap. What the fuck is the point of a reviewer who doesn't even review?

Furthermore, if he didn't want to support this movie, all he would have to do was not acknowledge it. Because you and I both know, that if a movie has no publicity, it has no customers, and then the shitty mainstream idiots who pander to hollywood flicks lose money and are discouraged.

tl;dr

>If you judge books by covers/movies by trailers, you are an arrogant cunt whom doesn't know how to judge literature/cinema.

>tweet
That would've only reached his hardcore fans. He has over two million subscribers on YouTube and less than 200k followers on twitter.
>sent out an email to his subscribers
You can't do that on YouTube.

>If you judge books by covers/movies by trailers, you are an arrogant cunt whom doesn't know how to judge literature/cinema.
The whole point of a trailer is to get someone interested in a movie. There's nothing wrong with refusing to see a movie if the trailer is a fucking mess that disgusts you.

A trailer is meant to give you insight into what the movie will be like, ideally to convince you to go see it.
The entire point of trailers is to affect people's opinions of movies before they see it, because people have limited money and time and you want them to pick your movie.

Why is it suddenly bad if someone sees a trailer and has the opposite reaction?

People decide whether or not they want to watch movies by their trailers all the time, that's the point of them. He's also not a professional critic and has no obligation to go review something he has no interest in.

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

Always relevant.

conglaturation !!!
you have completed a great game.
and prooved the justice of our culture.
now go and rest our heroes !

>TRAILERS DON'T MATTER EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU A TASTE OF WHAT THE MOVIE IS LIKE
>WASTE ALL OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON TERRIBLE LOOKING HOLLYWOOD GARBAGE
>OBEY
>CONSUME

What's the point of a trailer if not to influence a person's decision on whether to see the movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=-QTyRsREStI

>you're only allowed to let a trailer positively affect your desire to see a movie, or else you're an attention-seeking sexist whose opinions aren't real

Book covers aren't really comparable to movie trailers. A book cover is just a picture that sometimes doesn't tell you anything about the book, a movie trailer has clips of the movie and is supposed to either give you a basic plot summary or show you the tone/style.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ob31X30N9Y

>>(You)

Anyone who says they never made a judgement about a movie based on its trailer is lying sack of shit.

I really hate this recent trend of argument that you shouldn't judge movie by its trailer. Funny how this argument got popular only after the first GB trailer was roundly regarded as shit.

Not going to lie, I can't blame Sony. They want to make a profit. If they have to beat the misogyny drums and cry sexism, then good for them. In the end, the market will decide.

>Funny how this argument got popular only after the first GB trailer was roundly regarded as shit.
THIS, I never heard someone say "trailers don't matter" until the GB one got relentlessly panned.

>well known fan of ghostbusters
>audience will likely want to know why he doesn't talk about it
>knows the vast majority will only watch his video channel rather than any social media or satellite accounts

It's not hard, user

Why did you post this?

What kind of accent does James have? He pronounces bury "burry" and Sigourney "Sigerney". Not hating on it, but I just can't place it

Of courshe!

The person who posted that is the same fat piece of weeble wobble shit who made the video. Boogie is a notoriously kowtows to everyone with a strong opinion so everyone will like him or at least not hate him. It has the opposite reaction, obviously.

Philadelphia trash

It's a manchild retard accent.

>over 9 minutes long
No one wants to watch this shit. Sum it up.

>i'm a fat white man
>i loved the first ghostbusters film, the rest of the franchise is meh
>my issue is not with the gender of the cast, but with those chosen
>the fat one isn't funny
>the black one isn't funny
>this scene doesn't look funny
>i think it will be shit and the critics and fans will hate it
>i'm still going to see it

What is your point? Someone is going to watch a movie they think looks shitty, so if someone else doesn't they're in the wrong?

Why are you acting like people have some kind of moral obligation to watch this movie?

James even said the movie could be good, he just had no desire to see it or review it personally based upon his relationship with the old films and how the trailer rubbed him.

Why are you acting like it's fucking unthinkable for someone to just not want to watch a fucking movie?

Let's hear you use this argument to defend Adam Sandlers new film. Cos you can't judge a book by it's cover right!

No point. Someone asked to sum it up. I summed it up.

Ask whoever posted the video.

>The Critic was a bad show
>people didn't watch it
>they stopped making it
Pottery

It's presenting itself as part of an established universe in a franchise he holds dear, and he's rejecting that by not spending any of his money on that insulting pile of trash.

>not muh ghostbusters!

the movie looks like shit no doubt but the manchildren making the stink about it is even 10x worse
serves you right for being that much of a faggot in the first place, here's to a sequel

Because you're replying to a Sony shill.

I can't help but notice how he says the word bad. He pronounces it "baed."

I'm not him, but The Do-Over wasn't terrible. It did still have that dumb grossout humor like they showed an old lady's really saggy tits, but it was a mediocre movie overall. Plus they had some nice young lady tits so that kind of balances that out.

that's FACT

So we should just give them money no matter what?

How else can you tell if you want to see a movie or not besides the trailer, unless you pirate then pay?

Why do you watch this guy? He clearly stated that his only source of income is youtube, so he will always be afraid to give his own opinion about matter and he will just follow the buzz, he is afraid to piss anyone off, im avoiding him for a couple of months now.

I dont like people who dont speak thier minds and just apeal to the masses, fuck that shit!

A lot of people only make money from YouTube, in fact, I think James makes all if not most of his money from YouTube. I didn't watch the boogie video though so idk.

Man when i watch video and i see someone restraining himself from telling what he really thinks, thats huge turn off for me. Just watch one video of him and you will notice.

Basically this
youtube.com/watch?v=F6seIQ8rLp8

Charlie Day sure sounds different.

That's some major damage control, Sony

RLM comment sections are somehow even more cancerous than Sup Forums

But juicy Shaq meat is epic!

I'm sure it is

I watched. It ran its course._.I can see your a big bang theory fan bazingmarite?

>I'm making a video to explain why I won't watch and review a movie

Then don't review it you attention whore! Your video gave them free publicity you moron!

>It doesn't look good so I'm not going to watch it

Uh yes? How is this not right?

youtube.com/watch?v=SuNxz9xbSzY

According to the media you apparently hate women if you have this opinion

who is this "the media"?

Various news sites. Think he was in the New York Times too

Oh, you know.

>But One Critic Is Boycotting The Filim

>capitalize every word
>make typo
Wow.

He makes some really compelling arguments regarding Winston. While the others were each some kind of stereotype, he was the only rational person of the four. Having him there was a valuable part of the comedic delivery and effect. With these four characters in the reboot/revival/whatever, they're all some kind of stereotype. There is no insert for the audience to immediately identify with.

Wiig is so much better than this, and shouldn't be associated with this dumpster fire.

would've been without the sean connery accent

Based Fox News.

>hate campaign

If you don't like this movie, you're a misogynist, end of story.
Whether the movie succeeds or fails on its own merits is beside the point. Politically, it cannot fail, it can only be failed.