Washer is the best song

Washer is the best song

Weird way to spell Nosferatu Man

he clearly meant Good Morning, Captain

I'm really torn.

At first Washer was my favorite, then Good Morning, Captain became my clear favorite for a very long time, but recently when I'm listening to Washer, I get speechless every time, over just how fucking good it is.

Every track is a 10, but Washer and Good Morning, Captain are up there in the greatest songs ever written and performed.

Dude thats not how you spell Good Morning, Captain

breadcrumb trail

The only true patrician ITT other than me

You spelled for dinner wrong

Trips of fibs

Don Aman or Breadcrumb Trails for me, Washer is my least favorite

how come?

Not sure. The riff on Washer is great but I also really like the lyrics in Breadcrumb Trails and Don Aman. Washer is still a 10/10 no doubts though. Also my least favorite is For Dinner, forgot that one.

Good Morning, Captain.

Lyrics are a lame basis on which to judge on my opinion, especially with Slint who wrote all of their songs to be instrumental and added vocals at the last minute.

There's a cutoff time for which lyrics deserve to be evaluated with a song? I've written songs in less than an hour, before.

I just don't think they matter. They're so secondary to the music, it is almost absurd to me that someone would primarily judge music on this.

>Fill your pockets with the dust of the memories
>Raising from the shoes on my feet
Don't know why it hits so hard.

>I just don't think they matter

The lyrics make the album an album about isolation. It greatly adds to the experience. When I first heard the album I was focused on the guitars, the interplay between the musicians. After "I MISS YOU" I gave the lyrics a good focus, and I can say with 100% certainty they're not secondary. They're in tune with the music.

Yup. Followed by Carol.

>my head is empty
>my toes are warm
>i am safe from
>
>haaarm

Spiderland is probably my favourite mu-core album.
I recommend watching "Breadcrumb Trail", a documentary on making of Spiderland to any and all fans of it.

For Dinner is 7/10 for me, but yea, everything else is classic tier

One of my buddies that I play music with is always focused on vocal elements. He'll notice shit about a song that I would never bother to notice and vice versa. Personally, I always listen to an instrumentally primarily, and then hear the lyrics after many listen throughs. I think most people are the opposite though, it seems. For me, I can like a band even if I'm not that in to the vocalist. Most people can't say the same

not that user, but
I usually listen to the vocals as just an another instrument and it's a pretty important one.
I don't pay much attention to the lyrics, but when i can't find a way for an album to click for me i focus on them. It makes me pay a lot more attention to the music i'm listening to.

yup

Check out Low from this list.

Shit I meant Low - I Could Live In Hope which isn't on there.

I know that already, it's even on my top50 albums chart. Great album, it's pretty simple and in-your-face but carries massive feels of hopelessness and despair.
Thanks anyway.

This

Breadcrumb Trail > Good Morning, Captain > Don, Aman > Washer > Nosferatu Man > For Dinner...

CREEPING UP INTO THE SKY!!!!

It's

CREEPING UP INTO THEE SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY