Preacher

Well, the last episode was clearly the best of the show so far. The fight at the beginning was hilarious. I hope that tone can continue throughout the show. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens to Eugene.

Yeah, I was still into it, but getting a little bored, but after last night's ep I'm fully back on board.

It was also nice to finally see Jesse have a personality.

Literally why the fuck is the mayor covering for Odin?

Shit doesn't make any sense

the town is dependent on Odin it seems. and at this point he would be complicit

why was cassidy hiding in the closet?

is he a literal faggot?

I was about to watch this until I learned that Seth Rogen was involved.
Is it good enough to overlook that?

hell yeah it gets better and better
best new series for sure

>Is it good enough to overlook that?

yes

WEED LMAO is one of three developers for the show, he's a small part of the overall production

Will we see Grandma, Jody, TC, etc. this or next season?

And how much of The Saint's background has been shown thus far?

Really enjoying it. Want to read the comic now. The last preacher line gave me goosebumps.

why does everyone want to be Jesse's friend so bad? He's a shit.

Sjw the show

Do so, the comic is really good. It's deliberately edgy but has a very liberal, humanistic message overall, which I guess is why it's hated by some

Is Cassidy secretly a spy for the demons? Does Odin know about the underground natural gas pocket?

>liberal, humanistic
Dropped.
Liberalism is dumb.
And Humanism is a terrible philosophy.

So why did Odin kill the Green Acres folks?

How does that serve god?

Genuinely confused

>That childlike realization he forgot his keys in the diner
>That acceptance when he realizes its not the towels

Fiore has quickly become my favorite character.

They 'streamlined' his origins but kept the keypoints; the fever, trip to Ratwater, becoming stranded and returning home too late. The last we saw of him, he was gearing up to return to Ratwater for vengeance.

I can deal with the fact that this is pretty much Preacher in name only, but it stands up well as a stand alone?
I was cautious at first, but sounds like the show has found it's stride now?

Yeah playing a pure and sinless angel character can be tough but I like the whole childlike angle he's taking.

It took it's time to set up, but last night's episode was perfect.

>no, you need angel hands

Gotta be honest, I didn't like the first 5 episodes because I was hoping for a faithful adaption, but the last one was fun.

>muh tenders
t-they'll survive to season 2 right?

We'll see, but it's possible he considers money/his business as God.

well they can't actually die, so I'd assume so

what did they do to that chick angel to stop her? i didnt catch what the tall one said

i knew something was a bit off about this show, now i know why.
even though it has 10/10 cinematography,characters,environment.. pop culture references make me sorta irritated.

cut off her arms and legs

he "disarticulated" her

But someone who can kill them will be along soon.

I'm expecting one of them is going to be killed by the Saint to showcase his Walkers and what they can do. So unless Susan or another Angel comes into play by then, I'm thinking Fiore is going to get put down. He's gotten the worse of just about every encounter so far, building up that audience sympathy.

>faithful adaptation of Preacher
>on AMC

1-800-COME-ON-NOW

Why didn't Jesse use the Word on the angel woman?

Dismembered her I assume.

>I'm thinking Fiore is going to get put down.
Pls stop

They can die if killed by the Saint of Killers.

Why did they make a big deal about being called 'custodians'/glorified babysitters instead of guards? Aren't they essentially guards?

I need to stop coming to these threads. I don't read the comics so I don't know any of this stuff.

Shit, he clean forgot about it.

I'm sorry.

>Why didn't Jesse use the Word on the angel woman?
He didn't need to. He told her to look at the phone and she did out of a female naivety that transcends heaven and hell.

Eugene is already gone.
Please let the last pure character of this show live.

I now want Satan to be so revolted by his appearance that he sends Eugene back to Earth.

I don't know about the comics, but he seems like a pretty detailed character. I would be surprised if he was totally gone already.

I'm sure he's coming back. I think he's a pretty big part of the comics.

References like what?

in the comics he becomes a rock star and suffers the same fate as Elvisthen he meets an inbred cyclops girl whose eye interprets things wrong but she sees him as incredibly handsome and falls for him

WE BECAUSE WE GROW OR WE DIE

YE'H

The saint will kill them. His guns can kill anything, including divine beings.

i wonder if eugenes the trigger that gets the saint off his ass. the angels seem hesitant to call him

He's certainly the more impulsive, less capable of the two

It's sad to say that I think a lot of the disdain for this show come from two points;

It's not faithful to the comics, which is mostly a good thing since Ennis is a hack

And it's taking its time building characters rather than just bumrushing through development and it's too smart (somehow) for most people trying to watch it.

Let's face it, the people that will be attracted to it were the edgelords that could unironically enjoy the comic, and the show is trying to be smarter than they were.

Let's just hope it doesn't devolve into feminism and toxic masculinity bullshit between Tulip and Jesse like the last 50% of the comic.

He was a running joke in the comics but did have a complete story, just unfolded as a side story without being all that related to the main plot.

Not that guy but the only ones I recall are the movies Cassidy rattles off as possibilities for how Jesse got The Word. But even then they felt entirely in character for me, Cass wasn't taking the whole thing seriously until he started seeing what it was doing to Jesse's head.

because she didnt know about genesis,

Cassidy said in the second episode, "I think The Big Lebowski is overrated".

It was explained that no one knows Genesis is gone yet and if he uses it on another angel the jigg is up for them. She was there for them, not him.

Gentle reminder Cassidy was shot by the SoK in a super early issue and lived

There's an entire bit of Cassidy retelling a movie scene for scene in a bar to a drunk guy.

The Genesis reference was straight from the comics.

The Nirvana sticker in Eugene's locker was a reference to why he shot himself in the show.

The source material itself had fucktons of references, especially topical shit.

in the comics the angel that wakes him up is immediately killed

>muh duh
>muh vuh guh
hopefully he has a more coherent plot this time

I think the shots have to be fatal. Then again nothing seems fatal to Cass as long as he can drink blood

Says in the comic that no matter where he shoots someone, they'll die.

what movie did the angel brawl remind him of before Jesse told him to shut up?

he's already dead, user

>I think the shots have to be fatal.

EVERY shot from the Saint's gun is a kill shot no matter what, in the Abrams tanks versus SoK section he shoots at one and he hits a shell that was about to be reloaded killing everyone inside

But like I said it was early in the comic.

Tulip's arts and crafts episodes are da' bomb

Brother, he killed Satan, is this some kind of reverse Supernatural Colt shenanigans

>early in the comic

And that's the key here, Ennis hadn't fully decided on the limits of the Divine Walkers at that time, he's mentioned he would have changed the scenario if ever there was a reason to rewrite the series as a whole.

>STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND! >:(

Fiore should have picked her up by the scruff of her neck and tossed her nymphlet black ass out on the street.

Tulip is a qt

What story lines do you guys expect to see?

They pretty much confirmed Angelville with the tattoo comment.

How is humanism dumb? It's a perfectly valid world view.

At fucking last, things happened.

Probably everything except Jesse becoming a sheriff in that town since they moved Quincannon during the start of the series.

I expect a third one to come from heaven, call them useless etc. and then die after he wakes up the Saint of Killers.

Humanism is not a philosophical stance on anything. It's not very well defined by any measure and therefore not rigorous. It's closer to a collection of sentiments than any philosophy of worth.

While it had some good moments, that whole arc felt like filler anyway.

Most everything after Masada felt like filler if you ask me.

I was so confused by that until I saw the handprint sensor thing on the phone cover.
I wonder if that old man working that machinery is heaven's dispatch then.

I didn't know what to think about this before because the protagonist had no personality or drive to do anything but now that he's starting to act selfish I'm getting hella Shin Megami Tensei vibes what with a human receiving divine powers and getting caught in a timeless conflict between heaven and hell.
I'm pretty stoked tbqh.

That episode was great. Glad to see other shows having great fight scenes besides Daredevil and Arrow.

>makes a reference to video games as to why he's hype
>can't see that they're building up tension and reasons for the way he acts
>can't see the subtle hints from episode 1 on as to why things are happening

Sup Forums everyone

Daily reminder that Quincannon does indeed serve God. But the god in preacher is not who everyone thinks he is. Some benevolent good god. He is not

>GO TO HELL, EUGENE

So, what's up with that fuckin Praire Dog mascot? Why is he always around? Did Jesse at some point tell him something like "Keep walking"?

Did they ever explain what ass-face did? He obviously caused the girl to be brain dead, but did they say how?

seeing eugene with tears welling up in his eyes caused me physical pain

Not yet, just mentioned his suicide attempt in passing conversation.

i'm guessing his suicide attempt indirectly caused her to become comatose which is why he tries to be so relentlessly chipper about life, he feels too guilty to attempt suicide again.

If that one guy was aware of how Jesse was able to control his mind, why doesn't everyone else?

OMG I would be totally fine to never have to see Eugene ever again even if it meant we don't see hell in the show, fuck me

great scene tho and loved the opening fight as well, this show pretty much rocks if u don't read comics like some nerd

He is complicit, and there is apparently only one big company in the town. Losing it to another town would cause it to become the new Detroit.

The one other guy figured it out, but just about everyone else that witnessed it was under its effect.

What I gather is that they were involved in an accident that people thought he was responsible for putting her in a coma, so he tried killing himself out of shame.

Pedophiles have mindcontrol awareness, it's their superpower. Of all places, I'd think that here people would know that.

If you mean Donny then that's because he has seen it in action multiple times. The entire bit at the gas station as well as Odin's drastic change of behavior while only a small portion of the town proper saw it used on Odin. But since they weren't targeted directly, they didn't pick up on what it does.

>If that one guy was aware of how Jesse was able to control his mind, why doesn't everyone else?
bus driver and eugene both knew Jesse did something to them and he almost told bunnyman who despite rumors and appearances is happily married with a good job to kill himself in a dirty stall.
He isn't really sneaky about his power either.

But when people do the things he says, don't they think after about why they do the things they did? Or is it like a spell?

They're aware of exactly what theyre doing, they're just forcibly compelled to do it.

They quite clearly aren't conscious of what's happening

War in the Sun never ;__;