Opposite of a weeaboo in Japan?

We all know what weeaboos are like, many of them browse this board. They have their stereotypes because they obsess about specific (and often cringeworthy, like anime) aspects of Japanese culture.

But I want to know if the opposite exists. Are these Japanese people who are like weeaboos, but for The West?

If there are, tell me about them. What countries or aspects of Western culture do Japanese "westaboos" (is there a better term?) like?

I am certain there has to be some. My buddy who worked on Guam (U.S. Territory) said the place was constantly flooded with Japanese tourists (because it's the shortest place from Japan to the 'United States' [if you consider Guam to be fully American, which is iffy from a cultural point of view])

tl;dr tell me about Japs who are obsessed about the West

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YpstQCAcJw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tl;dr tell me about Japs who are obsessed about the West

But he makes japanese games, right?

Each one has each favourite.
Some are obsessed with the west.
I think you westerner tend to tease weeaboo since you consider that they are obsessed with the specific creeping things.
Japanese tends to not give a shit about other's favourites.
So probably there might be not that word like teasing someone's favour.

Probably you might be obsessed with specific things in a specific field.

On Pixiv, I've seen:

>Some guy/fujo who drew pictures of the guys from Eddsworld getting maimed/killed, some sort of fetish thing. Everything was in Japanese even the pictures, so I doubt it was a westerner.
>Some guy who drew manga style comics for Western dramas like Fargo, Breaking Bad, or True Blood
>Some musical theater obsessed Jap who drew BL mangas of musicals like West Side Story, The Book of Mormon, and that one about the two gay murderers

And more.

>Some musical theater obsessed Jap who drew BL mangas of musicals like West Side Story
I feel pretty and witty and GAY Litterally

>Pixiv

Is this Japan's equiv to DeviantArt? Tell me more

>Each one has each favourite.
>Some are obsessed with the west.
Yes, it is true that each person has their own preferences of what they like.

>I think you westerner tend to tease weeaboo since you consider that they are obsessed with the specific creeping things
Westerners tend to tease weeaboos because the things they like are very silly and have almost no equivalent in Western culture. An example of this would be hentai: some weeaboos love it, but they get teased for it because it is so bizarre to your average Westerner. However, this may be an extreme example.

>Japanese tends to not give a shit about other's favourites.
In Western culture, especially in countries of immigrants like the United States, there is huge cultural pressure to "fit in" socially with your peers. Conformity is demanded to be socially accepted. From my limited knowledge of Japan, that does not seem to be the case there. Japanese people, as you said, tend to not care about what people like, unlike in the West where it's very important.

>Probably you might be obsessed with specific things in a specific field.
Yes, you are exactly correct. I do have an obsession for something else (a different culture outside of my own country's) admittedly. It is not Japanese though, so which is why I am quick to 'judge' weeaboos.

Hopefully all of that makes sense.

>キリスト
Keep that cancerous shit as far away from Japan as possible.

I lived in Japan for 6 months in Tokyo.
Probably the darkest period of time in my life. When you live in a place with some many people and you are the minority, you feel a sense of isolation that is crushing upon the soul.

I was learning Japanese pretty fast because I can already speak fluent Chinese, which I learned in Taiwan. But toward the end i realized that the only thing that I actually enjoyed about living there was learning the language. ... then it hit me " if I do spend 2 more years here leaning the language... would I even want to speak with these people ...no"

Ask Japanese people they will agree
Japanese are:
Racist
Myopic
Nationalistic
Materialistic
Awkward

If you are Japanese and you enjoy your culture, nothing against you. Japanese culture is designed around you.

But if you think that you are going to come in as a foreigner and just make it work... no way I know foreigners who have lived there for 10 years and speak perfect Japanese and are still barred from some areas, restaurants and living situations.

你們應該學會中文啦。是比較好用的語言。別浪費你的時間在追求一個變態夢。

japanese girls are fucking cute though and they make squeaking sounds. wonder if they do that outside of adult movies too.

>Yeah this is my Jap GF
youtube.com/watch?v=_YpstQCAcJw

but it says Rat Squeak right there in the title.

>avoided getting fooled again due to my superior intelligence

>Tokyo
Found your problem.

Tokyo is where all the directionless retards (like you) wind up, because

1.) Your language skills are shit
2.) You have no abilities to speak of other than being foreign

So you wind up spending way more money than you have to, getting mistaken for a tourist and treated like a dog, and making no friends other than some other expat morons with receding hairlines stuck in the same boat as you.

Just remember that you probably deserve it.

I think he might had a bad experience because it's really difficult for a foreigner going in Tokyo to make any friend because niponese already have their circle of friends and people they work with and 1) don't have much time 2) don't want to be bothered 3) don't like/ are scared to interact with foreigners.

People in Tokyo specifically hate foreigners. Just like people who live next to niggers hate them way more than rich white liberals do.

If he didn't want to be treated like a nigger, he shouldn't have moved to the niggest city in Japan.

I think westaboos you said are close to hipsters in Japan. They show off how well they are on to western trends in fashions, music, IT and so on.

made the opposite experience.

lived and studied one year in osaka. Lived together with a japanese host family and made quite some friends.

trying to return to japan soon for a longer period.

People in Osaka are more friendly than people in Tokyo tbqh.
Tokyo is just an aggregate of all countrymen.

>japanese girls are fucking cute

Do you love Japan?

Yeah, that make sense.
Also there is a similar pressure to "fit in" socially with your peers. But I think social thing and cultural things are different.
If you tease someone only because of their culture, that might be just a bullying, I guess.

I don't know Pixiv at all, so I have no idea about that. I am extremely bad at drawing.

that might be possible.
but I thought the chances to get a job may be higher in tokyo (not speaking about being an english teacher).

what do you think about osaka/kansai region?
would be great to live near my host family.

>In Western culture, especially in countries of immigrants like the United States, there is huge cultural pressure to "fit in" socially with your peers. Conformity is demanded to be socially accepted. From my limited knowledge of Japan, that does not seem to be the case there. Japanese people, as you said, tend to not care about what people like, unlike in the West where it's very important.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. East Asian countries are way more conformist than we are. I'm sure that you've heard of the stereotype that Asians are hive-mind-drones, uncreative, all alike, etc. Well, that came about because of the immense social pressures present in those countries to not stick out. There's really no comparison in the Western world, where individuality is a core precept.

Generally Kansai region is friendly.
Maybe too friendly for me.
Looking at them positively, they are friendly and vigorous.
Looking at them negatively, they are noisy.

Totaly still I prefer them, though.

Have a friend from Japan who is absolutely obsessed with maori stuff, helped him start to learn the language and shit, told him the women weren't worth the trouble

Is it really just the case that "Region X" is friendly, or is it just that "Tokyo is mean to foreigners"?

Whenever I read about kindness to foreigners (both tourists and to those living there), people always say this or that region is so nice. Are there really specific ones that are kind and welcoming? It seems hard to believe, and Tokyo being the most unwelcoming of foreigners, as this poster says:

Where is a good place for gaijin, English teacher-sensei?

I don't think Tokyo is mean to foreigner, but Tokyo is a place where loads of single countrymen live in and spend their life in tiny room and try to make their own family. They are apart from their original family. So probably even for Japanese people , it's not easy to make close friends or to keep good relationship with the cociety or neighbours.