Why are American plugs so flimsy?

Why are American plugs so flimsy?

Coz they're fat. Murica.

The UK plug is by far THE most superior plug in the whole world.
Fuck the USA and their cuntish plugs!

Cos they get Chinese kids to make them.

Fat Fingers

because they use 110v because they all kill themselves and because the power companies are greedy fat fucks
because they have fat fingers
because the UK overdoes safety standards

>need to charge phone
>immediately find charger
>it takes up the whole living room
>grab 60 kilo plug
>jam it in socket
>fuck upsidedown
>twist whilst breaking whole body
>put it in socket after all

>being so retarded that you lack basic motor function

I like the UK plugs
T. American

Are you implying that the massive hollow post you poms use is an imptovement?

The biggest performance factor is the spring tension on the contacts in your socket.

Eitherway both of your plugs are inferior because your 2 pin plugs do not ensure correct pin polarity

euro plug best plug

the only reason the UK plug has to be so safe and complicated with internal fuses is that you use ring circuits everywhere with shitty garbage aluminum cable so the whole house would catch on fire with a standard plug

U wut m8

NA logic

stay mad

Both of them are retarded

Euros literally dont care which phase pin goes where, its lucky dip. At least the yanks 3 pin variant is asymmetrical so you get proper polarity there.

Plus, circular contact is tougher to retain spring tension in the outlet. Big flat faces with a flat spring are best.

No way is euro superior.

nah , regs are way beyond us regs , wire in a uk house is good for half a century , we use larger plugs to carry the extra current of 240 , theres no drama to be had ..... shame really as you fucks are such an easy target

>clueless

You have something to rebut / discuss or are you just here to tell me off?

veru hurt

>aluminum
It's aluminium you cuck

every US plug ever

240v actually allows smaller cables for the same current rating.

Plus it pushes much farther from the transformer so you need less of them.

240>120 in so many ways

because it is cheaper to produce.

>240V
>extra current
>what is ohms law

>feelsbadman

As long as appliances are designed correctly the polarity doesn't matter. The fact that it's reversible is pretty useful when plugging thing into extension cords

lol

Schuko master race

What you talking about Willis?

this

turn that frown upside down

because we don't need to compensate

Sorry man, but AC power is not polarized like DC.

because muricans have weak 110 volt systems
they can't handle 240 volt

because we don't like to ejaculate into the socket

>appliances

You are thinking tech stuff with switchmode ELV transformers. Sure they work fine regardless.

Polarity most definately matters with toasters, lamps, heaters, motors and old school appliances. They will run fine but be horribly unsafe.

Imagine plugging the toaster neutral pin onto phase because 'it doesnt matter'... the voltage would run right through your heating element until it hits the switch... leaving your whole toaster energised when it looks off and good to dig the toast out with a knife... boom. Death via this exact scenario was a high statistic and led to the introduction of 3 pin plugtops.

Sure it is. One of those pins is safe for you to touch. The other may kill you. The pins serve a different purpose and should be presented to the appliance in sorted order.

>Get bored waiting for everyone to sort their Christmas shit out
>Think, "fuck it have a lurk on Sup Forums, maybe there is a Christmas Fappening"
>Couple of chubby & Celeb threads nothing new
>See thread full of triggered Amerifats defending their appliance plugs. after obvious bait.
>Decide i shouldn't be so bored on Christmas day because there is always some lonely cunt out there debating plugs on Sup Forums
>MFW i learned a Christmas lesson thanks to Sup Forumstards arguing over plugs.

Cos they're shit.
Nope. Fuse is inside the plug itself and not in plug circuit.Also cannot use simplified C.
Europlug F (Schuko) and type L are problematic. Europlug E (french) has ground as pin inside socket. Also plugs type C can be used in sockets E,F,J,L - when you do not care about ground.

I got a job, I need to wake up early in the morning, around the UKs evening. Everyday when I get home from work I check Sup Forums, it's all garbage, but nowhere is there a UK vs America thread. Every morning I check, Sup Forums usually has several HURRY DURR UK BETTER AMERIFATS. The only thing to take away from threads like this, is the fucking UK can't stop talking about us, won't leave us alone, and constantly wants to try to be our rival.

Look, UK, you got a problem, quit obsessing. Go make a dick rate thread or a ylyl. Stop with this, just stop.

>Cry more
>This isn't a cuck thread you must be lost

This

Silly Eurocucks

Butthurt eurofag.

Rotate french E!

*ukcucks.

brexit dude, it's still happening.

Wat about aussie engineers with a false superiority complex and no friends?

Cant we sit about on christmas and diss both of your inferior electrical systems equally?

>Gets Triggered over thread about British having superior PLUGS.
>Tries not to cry
>Cries.
>Repeat.

that on the left is a 15 amp non grounded plug.

on the right is some eurotrash plug of unknown amperage.

there is no comparison to be made as eurofags use a much higher voltage in home as compared to the 120 volts in north american homes

Nah, it's always and eu vs usa thread.

In the UK we couldn't give a flying fuck.

Butthurt eurofag.

Keep crying.

May be the case. I see a shit ton of anti American threads every morning around 4am, never paid much attention. But they are getting as old as the rate my dick, nude games, and faces of b. I miss pre 2008 raid b.

>Appliance_Manual.pdf
>Page 3
>To unplug your device hold the base of the plug and pull gently but firmly directly outward, DO NOT pull on the cable.

Please just fucking walk up to it.

No. This is the land of freedom.

Ok, lets descript known types:

A - north america, flat pins, on older pins are similar, on newer the ground is larger.
B - north america, similar to A, added round ground pin
C - two round pins, base for Europlug
D - older british, three round pins, larger ground
E - french, two pins, hole for ground
F - german schuko, two pins, rails for ground
G - current british, three flat pins, larger vertical on up, fused inside plug
H - israel, three flat plugs to 'Y'
I - south america, three flat pins as rune 'T'
J - swiss, three round pins, middle decentralized
K - denmark, two round pins, third pin is atypical
L - older begium, three round pins in line
M - south africa, three round pins, in triangle, larger ground
N - emirates, three round pins decentralized

You can have 1 switch disconnect both wires.

I completely agree. They annoy the living fuck out of me too. Just understand those are started and posted in mainly by actual euro cucks.

Yes. But its an un-needed expense if you just designed your supply system properly. In Australia most leads are only 2 pin for double insulated appliances... and still maintain phase polarity because of the asymmetrical design.

It functions perfectly and is cheap to manufacture.

There is a reason China chose it when they first discovered electricity.

Some ot these seems similat, but next diffrence is in size of pins and space between them.

The most usable one is type C, which can be used in sockets for types E, F, J, L.With a bit of force is also probably usable with types D and K.

The next problem is with voltages (110 and 230 V) and frequencies (50 and 60 Hz).

So for travelling to another shitland it's good to know which plug and electricity characteristics it has. In Europe and North America it's simple. Fun begins in Asia and chaos expects in Africa and South America.

Considering how cheap a switch is that's not really a problem but whatever.

It is if you have to add 10 million double pole switches to your order... or rather save the few cents on each switch, as in our case.

Plus cheaper leads and 2 pin plugtops.

Why wouldnt you?

the technology was developed and popularized in the US, its like that because its an older design (people don't like to change things like that unless they have to see metrics). Newer US based ones have the third prong and are heavier

The Australian plug is much safer than the US design. It's not as strong as the British/Malaysian design. The US/Thai/Japanese plugs are terrible. European/Chinese/Indonesian plugs (the round pin ones) are the absolute worst.

Has anyone ever stood on one? Worse then Lego.

>uk 240v plug (actually 220-230 volts)
>all rates at 13 amps
It's not difficult if they're all the same, faggot

The shit-tier are every one that can be put bi-directional and/or has access to pins after it's connected and not fully plugged. That means A, C, H, L for direction and A, B, D, H, I, J, K, M, N for contact.

Australia is I. Not winner though. The most shit is A and H.

uk doesn't even schuko masterrace

No you Trump cuck its because we use man sized 240v and not homo-fag 120v

I would add the overtly expensive plugtops to the shit tier personally. Why use a 3 pin fused plugtop on a bloody clock radio?

Why did the Australian engineers decide to make the plug look like a Vietnamese man who has had his rice taken away?

All this talk of electricity makes me miss the usa.

Im currently in a SEA country where i barely have power each day

The problem is that if the appliance has any weight at all, the pins can bend. It doesn't happen with the stronger UK plugs, and usually not the Australian ones either (though I have seen it happen sometimes).

Nigga are you hanging your appliances by the plug?

Britfag living in America here.

While I do miss the solid feeling of UK plugs and the switch directly on the plate, the retarded size will not be missed.

Older US plugs do feel pretty flimsy and can soetimes just easily pull out of sockets, but not really with modern ones. Even the little iPhone charger feels solid as hell. Also I've noticed lots of plugs are actually 3 prong.

UK plugs made me feel weird just like using those giant fuck off SCART cables my whole childhood.

Which one?

If tesla was here, wed have wireless electricity and plugs big and small could fuck themselves

Its called myanmar, but it will always be burma to me

I bought an American step-down transformer once. Damn thing weighed more than my left ball. It could really easily bend those soft as shit plugs if it moved or something. That's really the problem, the pins on US plugs are too soft and too cheap. They can start fires because the outside surface of the pin chips and scratches too easily from the cheap soft metal they use.

>wireless electricity
We already have that... but its useless for high loads. Radiation levels generated by anything more than a few milliamps would kill everyone.

Cool. I live next door.

You a dog eater, a street shitter, or a true asian from thailand or laos?

>UK plug
>lethal weapon
>could rob a bank if you waved that around

>US plug
>snaps if you try cut butter with it

I dont believe you, but i cant disprove that your plug bent under such weight.

I will not insult you for this, but i doubt its validity

He can charge his phone on the go now

US: 0 Everywhere else (except sandniggers and zipperheads): 1

Tesla invented a safe version of that. He also invented a better system for wired electricity. Eddison fucked him over to prevent either system from detracting from the profitability of his own systems. That's why you're stuck paying electricity bills and why that mad fucker Eddison electrocuted an elephant. Tesla's wireless electricty invention would have given people free energy, but that's not the done thing in Ameria. He'd probably have been better off staying in Europe, but for some reason he never saw that.

>Wireless electricity
Seems perfectly safe (pic related)

Decades ago i ended up with a random 2 pin american thing, might have been a radio. I just bent the pins 30 degrees out and used as normal aussie plug.

The US pins arent solid.

well said

>Be in uk
>need to rob local bank/curry stand
>Cant buy gun, will scare the police
>try to get butter knife, imprisoned for several decades because of it
>Finally obtain lethal toaster plug
>curry shop exploded by a very rich culture

Not just clock radio. But also nome other devices up to some of notebooks. Mindblown.

Although I primary focus on security. And there is no problem with correctly done 3 pins.

With main europlugs (Schuko, France) it's also rare.

Do not remind me video norms. PAL/SECAM/NTSC; Composite/YPbPr/RGB/YUV/SCART...

there are other ppl using "rapeman" memes?
>lol

Laos is a goal for the future, as I'd like to try living in a communist country for a while, but one where they don't shoot you for drinking the wrong brand of coffee or for getting an improptu erection on the bus. Burma I would love to go but their visa rules are still too strict and the T visas are too expensive... $25 for max 14 days? Fuck that. I think only Indians, Chinese, and Peruvians shit in the streets. Chinese and Koreans eat dogs, and some southern (Muslim) Thais eat them. I think Bangladeshis only eat peas.

BECAUSE FUCK YOU!!

V*R=Magic, apparently.

One pin is positive one is negative. But it changes back and forth 60 times a second...so no... One is not safe to touch.

FUCK YOU!

>mfw America uses 220v for things that actually benefits from it and 110v for everything else.

buh?

do you even sparky?

go ask /diy I'm gonna get me another eggnog

well that's just dumb

Nope.

One pin is essentially grounded. It never carries voltage and is called neutral.

The other pin is phase and it changes its polarity from positive to negative 50 / 60 times per second.

You can touch the neutral, it is just a branch of earth. Try it with a fork. Trust me. I wouldnt want to poke it in the active / phase socket though. Can you tell the difference in your system?

I can. Top left is hot.