How smart are you, Sup Forums?

How smart are you, Sup Forums?

wait

40, but the X is in the middle.

Fuck you OP

Found it

i'm stuck

Yeah, I got stuck there too. I think this was OP's plan. How smart are we really, Sup Forums?

30 degrees

Yeah, that's about as far as I got too

Ain't nobody got time for this shit.

Imagine the left and right side going up. They must meet at a 20 degree angle. Then you can work it out back down. 30 degrees

can you? doesn't that still leave you with two many unknowns...?

how are you going to find the two angles in the auxiliary triangle though? (the one you draw)

found it

hmm

didnt do this in 10ish years

You've been baited, now imagine it like this

Check it by making x = 30. It works.

this is not how deductive reasoning works. We all can solve it by guessing.

??? thats not the point though retard, you're not supposed to 'guess' and find out that way, you're supposed to use trigonometry. Please write out your solution

Remember you can draw straight lines and know that they gave 180 dregrees. So if you know even one more angke with then one blank they must all add to 360. It works. Sorry I'm on phone so can't draw it for you but it works. Put it in and check it.

x=30

i might be wrong :v

I didn't guess you ass hat. I am telling you to check it that way. God you are lame.

>130 - 50 = 80

heres where you went wrong.
What was your reasoning behind this?

TL;DR: this problem is unsolvable

wrong its 40

>find the answer by plugging the answer in
???

Still waiting on your reasoning

This problem is obviously solvable. All the information that's needed to find x is there.

its probably right. how did you get that though? especially the 130-50 on the left side

There still seems to be too many unknows. Can you show your steps?

I'm waiting on your solution :)
It's probably right because it 'seems' right, but there is no PROOF its right, because you don't use a trigonometric way to find the left corner in the x triangle

60 all angles of a triangle when added must =180 just figure it out from that

Just name the other one y and maje two equations. Alltigether they make 360 and x+y make 180. Then jyst solve the equation

Finding the solution is significantly more challenging than spotting that this is a solvable problem.

never mind, so how can we solve this?

yeah thats what i thought

so final solution:

guessable but not solveable with the information given?

this is a stupid troll post. basic trig tells you this is unsolvable.

You clearly don't know shit about trigonometry.

no solution
>bla bla i have no solution
Come back to me when you have a solution, oh wait, it's literally unsolvable.
You cant

After hours and hours, i've found it

Sure, you can measure the angle, but if you dont have a protactor triangle its guesswork yeah.
>trump supporter
tells you enough tbh

i'm done with this thread

It's not unsolvable, you're just retarded and arrogant enough to think that if *you* cannot solve it, then it must be unsolvable. Provide proof that the problem is unsolvable, or fuck off.

You have a mistake where one of the triangles has 190 degrees

I'm not a Trump supporter, faggot.

Pd, it's 30

You could probably do it algebraically. I'm too lazy (aka stupid) to do it though.

Where's your solution? the burden of proof is on you my friend :). Must be hard passing that geometry 101 class kek.

Imagine the two lines meeting at a 20 degrees angle.

Most of you could fins the angle on the left = 50 abd the one on the right = 40.

Thus you have :

50 + a + b = 180 (line)
b + 20 + c = 180 (triangle)
c + x + 40 = 180 (line)

Replacing the unknows :
So x = 50

If you morons are unable to solve this with logic, state the base = 1cm and use cos/sin/tan to work your way up.

the angles stated are not to scale in the image, you cant just measure it cause if you do the stated angle will fuck up your answer

The burden on proof is on the morons claiming that this is an unsolvable problem, seeing as this is very obviously solvable with the laws of sines and cosines. There is also a solution that utilizes only elementary methods, though that one is more challenging.

>more unknowns than equations

nice meme bud

I got 43 and some change

we had this post a few days ago. it's 30 deg.
wasn't too easy to find a solution just by construction.
here is how you can get there.
few key things:
- upper 20° and lower 20° form a equal-sided triangle from which you go on
- use some angle bisectors
- use relative angles between to lines but also (as shortcuts) absolute angles between a line and the horizon for example

I meant physically measuring, but that's cheating ofc :)
Nah bro, i have geometry on my side, but by all means, reinvent math and surprise me!

>laws of sines and cosines

Do you even know what you're talking about? sides arent even given.

Still waiting on your solution boyo.

what this guy said 4 uknowns, 3 equasions = unsolveable

>sides arent even given.

I hope this is bait. You obviously set the length of one of the sides to anything you want, and then you solve the problem from there. Clearly you know absolutely nothing about basic geometry.

oh that one could work indeed.

i wanted to add a 75° one somewhere, but it seemed quite hard to figure out where to put it so you get an angle you actually need

You can express b with a, c with b, and x via c. So there are only one unknown. You dumb twat.

>you set the length of one of the sides to anything you want
Please stop talking and take an algebra 101 class, you're embarassing yourself

now i know this is cheap bait, respond to me with a solution

>you set the length of one of the sides to anything you want
Yup, that's how you get there. Something confusing about that?

Stop trying to troll me and present me with a solution.

you can't find because you have no side lengths because you can't use any equations with sin and cos you need at least one side length same with law of sines

You do understand that you can set one side length to anything you want?

wait then that just means you give a side length because if they all scale equally angles wont change....guys im on to something ill get back to you faggots later...

You can set 1 side to anything you want because of triangle similarity. I'm to lazy to work it out thou.

You literally cant you retard

Yes you can, you're just too dumb to understand it.

You can with the laws of sines and cosines

First non-retard that's actually onto a solution.

Explain it to me, if you can you disprove the whole field of trig! I'll wait :) With pictures please, my 'lil peanut brain cant understand otherwise ;'(

>implying everything is given in proper scale

I disprove the whole field of trigonometry by explaining the obvious fact that angles remain the same regardless of the length of one of the sides of the figure? I think all I'm disproving is one retard's 'understanding' of trigonometry.

can we all agree it is 30, it is so fucking easy, here is one for just the advanced math fags here

Yes, they stay the same, but the point is you need more than one line to solve this problem, you cant just plug in the other line dipshit. Try it if you dont believe me.

Everyone misses the double fries in line two

You don't need any more than one line. The lengths of all the other lines (and all the angles) can be derived from the first line whose length you set and the angles you're provided with. I'd tell you to try it, but you're clearly too retarded to even try.

you have 1 line and all the angles, you can figure the other ones out

a/sin a = b/sin b = c/sin c

it's not that hard to understand

>tfw all these retards that think they can solve this problem

Amerilard education, huh?

Alright boys, do it! You have enough givens right? surely there arent too much unknowns in the equations to be able to solve it, no really, plug those formulas in!

Funny how none of you retards still fail to give me a crystal clear solution, no usage of your formulas in this problem; just babble.
Fucking retards.

any two congruent angles on a plane =180 all angles of a triangle =180 the base says 50+60 so the other angle of the base MUST BE 70 opposite 70 MUST be 110 this is 2nd grade stuff asswipes, just keep figuring each triangle to 180 until you have just one angle left

this is another one of those retarded "tricks" huh

fucking glorious

Thats the whole point retard, there's a point when you literally can't find any more angles because you have too many unknowns.

Still no mathematical solution after more than an hour btw lads. Guess i'm right? :D

This has been solved fucktard. Move on. You might as well stay in your mom's basment. You are never going to fit in to the real world.

these were both my btw

update you can't find it law of sines/cosines wont work because you have two unknowns (side lengths) this would be easier if you had a right triangle somewhere but due to different angles/sides you cannot assume all sides are X some maybe X +/- something so you can assume one side is X

Sup Forums being too retarded to solve this doesn't prove that there is no solution.

not true

Still no mathematical solution for this problem using your formulas? Then please shut up and gobble on my cock.

Smart enough to not waste my time proving my intellect to strangers on the internet.

see

i've reiterated the reason why multiple times, there are too many unknowns to use geometrical reasoning to become the angles, let alone use trig formulas. This is my claim, and I back it up. Now I want to listen to the retards that think you can actually solve this.

This guy gets it

can't use law of sines/cosines because...

Well done, congratz on disproving all the retards who claimed it was impossible to solve this.

Look who's cock gobbling now hahaha

Wrong, you *can* use the laws of sines and cosines.

well, I just did. why don't you check my work instead of just saying things

thanks