So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants

So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
Why do we all treat Australia as if they were a real, important country that actually matters?
They are a completely irrelevant country, like Netherlands (nothing against Dutch, you guys are great).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwcQeaWG13E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't worry Merkel can take in enough people for the two of us Germany

>Why do we all treat Australia as if they were a real, important country that actually matters?
Look at it this way: without Australia, all of these big dick waving countries wouldn't be armed to the teeth with nukes.

A strong economy with significant mineral exports. Largest know deposit of Uranium in the world. A military that provides key roles in multiple conflicts. One of the first responders to natural disasters in SEA. A strong science industry. Also China likes our coal.

Australia is also the largest exporter of mining and farming technology.

Were also responsible for training other countries armies.

yet you made a post about them
makes you think

Feels good that my country is easily the most relevant nordic country

yeah, but please dont take it personally, but I believe Austria has no future.
You are far away from all the white countries, and eventually you are bound to fall into the sphere of influence of China, India or some sort of ASEAN union. You will probably be the first breed of white people ruled by Asian overlords

Most of the greatest countries in the world have surprisingly low populations, e.g. Canada, Australia, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands...
Countries that have large populations but are still good are the exception, namely Germany, Japan, England and South Korea

>population is the sole factor in a countries power and relevance

We're a regional power and we're often involved in the world's affairs. With that said we could do with an increase in population, which is happening btw. Solid immigration and a pretty high birth rate. This year our population increases by 1,053 people, daily.

>countries
country's*

Plenty of room for military "exercises" out in the thousands of square kilometres of scrub. No one would ever find any bodies if command fucked up.

Jesus, another fucking Sup Forumstard. You need to get your head in the real world because national success isn't a matter of how "white" a nation is.

Their density is 2.8/km^2 yet they complain that they're full.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't care about whitness of a country, however, I would argue that China, India and ASEAN countries have all a culture that is different from the traditional western culture present in Australia.
And if you enterd some sort of union led by one of those countries, it might lead to some cultural conflicts

>With that said we could do with an increase in population
Fucking why? What we could do with is actually starting to use the land we have as opposed to jamming more people along the already congested coast.
Australia should be leading the world in solar energy and states like SA should be getting a huge chunk of their electricity generated from massive solar farms but instead we stick to expensive, old tech. It's a fucking joke: we have all this land but barely utilise it. Meanwhile tiny nations like Denmark are getting a huge amount of their power from wind turbines in incredibly ingenious ways.
Australia as a nation is too fucking intellectually lazy. Stuffing more people into it doesn't help. We need to get over the idea that the mining sector can keep the nation rich forever and start looking towards actually using what we have. There is a stupid amount of potential here being pissed away.

Sorry mate you really have no idea what you're talking about. Learn a little about Australia, preferably not from Sup Forums.

Yes it is, wog.

AUS entering a union would be a greater exaggeration of the UK EU situation in terms of how stubborn we would be.

>population increases by 1,053 people, daily.
to put that in perspective, Germany with a much larger population (Aus: 24.6 million, Germ: 81.3 million) has a daily increase of 140 people this year.

But I guess we nearly did join a banking union with china

Germany is a bad example their predicted to drop significantly in terms of overall population

> emu war

ww1, sino russian wars, all your civil wars

>Fucking why? What we could do with is actually starting to use the land we have as opposed to jamming more people along the already congested coast.
>Australia should be leading the world in solar energy and states like SA should be getting a huge chunk of their electricity generated from massive solar farms but instead we stick to expensive, old tech. It's a fucking joke: we have all this land but barely utilise it. Meanwhile tiny nations like Denmark are getting a huge amount of their power from wind turbines in incredibly ingenious ways.
>Australia as a nation is too fucking intellectually lazy. Stuffing more people into it doesn't help. We need to get over the idea that the mining sector can keep the nation rich forever and start looking towards actually using what we have. There is a stupid amount of potential here being pissed away.
Sounds awesome. Maybe I should move to Australia and help you. I'm just a software engineer though. Maybe i should have gone into civil or electrical engineering instead

yeah, and thats the problem, i think.
At some point in future, it might be in best interest of Australia to enter an ASEAN union, for example, but I could imagine Australians would be to proud, saying "why should we white people enter an union with those subhumans". So you would be in a similar situation like UK in EU, really

> comparing ww1 with war against animals
>is it even possible to win or lose in CIVIL WAR?))))))))))))))

nigga they have shitload of ressources.
If the world population grow and the demand follows it will worth increasingly more and more.

Meanwhile european countries with only brain and manpower will be fucked because they are one trillion chinks who can do the job almost as well for 4 times less.

>comparing a nations military to two guys with a machine gun

>nigga they have shitload of ressources.
This can be both a curse and a blessing.
Maybe in future, China or India could decide they want those resources for themselves

>gallipoli
No wonder we beat the shit out of you lads, you cant even shoot a couple of birds!
Hahahahaha :)

13th highest gdp,just behind russia

>Damascus
hahahahahaha
you arent crazy enough to be thinking about an invasion of Australia yeah?

What is so crazy about China or India invading you in future?

>implying we didnt abandoned the arabs way before the fall of damascus.
>implying most of the forces used during the fall of damascus werent indian

Lawrance of arabia has done more damage to the ottoman empire than the entire anzac forces combined m9 :)

>Literally marching to your deaths cause your overlord wanted to boast about its navy

The force youd need to invade Australia, The supplies to maintain it. the fact that you have to start off going through jungle the bush the GDR just to get to Brisbane. Ignoring alliances and the shear distance it would take to mount something like that. With their limited navies(air craft carriers), our decent navy and airforce our intelligence services and radar systems.

>Ignoring alliances
There is no guarantee your alliance will last forever. Maybe America gets into a civil war or is too busy with domestic troubles to help you. Or maybe they elect an orange clown who doesn't appreciate military alliance.

And do you seriously believe a country of 20 millions could resist one with over 1 billion people?

EU has 750 mil people and doesn't include all Europe yet, China has 1.35 bil and India 1.25 bil

In absolute terms we don't have such a low population, as long as there is enough work for everyone it's good enough to compete
Keep in mind we also already have infrastructure, education and other advantages

Also their wages should keep rising and EU offers cheap labour too in the south and the east

If we were next door neighbours no, but China just doesn't have the international capability to invade such foreign nations the same way the USA can

fuck off to pol and don't come back

they are currently increasing their influence in South Chinese sea. Only other thing they need is an reliable ASEAN ally who lets them build militarys bases, and an invasion of Australia becomes very possible
And keep in mind, I am not saying it to "banter" you, I genuinly think that Australian future looks a bit worrysome and am curious how Australiam people feel about it

i wasn't considering it banter mate, i thought we were being legit. An invasion just doesnt seem to be the easiest way for them to do it.

I am not saying that China actually will invade you, but if they had those capabilities, the realistic thread of invasion might be enough to force you to play ball with them and enter Chinese sphere of influence

An economic union would be easier I would think weve nearly done it before and by the time China is influential enough to be a threat I wouldnt be surprised if we allied with them. We do have a positive reputation with them and a decent population of them. India is no real threat though theyve got other problems e.g. pakistan

There are very few countries with any long-range power projection capability, basically only the U.S has any. Australia has more power projection capability than almost all of Asia, including China. It just lacks the population and will to do that much with it. Though population isn't the be all and end all if you have shit equipment against better equipment and when you're invading something. Actually landing in Australia would take quite a bit of force, our military is well-optimised for that purpose and then conquering and controlling it would be extremely costly. China and India could probably do it if they were willing to severely damage their economies, kill a lot of their people and destroy any semblance of international cooperation, for almost nothing. They're both big countries with plenty of their own resources too, who are largely moving towards tech industry. It's cheaper just to buy shit from us.

I agree, you might profit from an Union with China.
But I see the danger of a Australian "Brexit" in future. Basically, Australian politicians and media scapegoating China, Australian people thinking they are better than the Chinese, which would make them to leave the union eventually.

please keep in mind that China is still a developing nation. Once the average Chinese is as productive as the average Australian, China will be stronger than USA and EU combined

Assuming our politicians don't sperg (like they do 99% of the time) we will most likely just become closer with China. Then again, China doesn't really like having friends...they might just sperg out themselves.

Get fucked, the lack of people here is the best thing about this place.

Yes, the scapegoating already occurs and it is a serious concern. Though in some cases "scapegoat" is too strong, there are legitimate concerns and causes within that too. China and Chinese companies aren't exactly the most honest and endearing people. I think the demographics and political climate will be quite a bit different by that time, however.

It depends on how well if we end up, were honestly one of the most greedy money hungry people on the planet. + Chinese are a significant part of the population

We do have the ground work for friendship with china and outside of the china sea and our relation with the US we have some of the best relations with china.

We're irrelevant, but special

>were honestly one of the most greedy money hungry people on the planet.
then you might have something in common with Chinese people

2bh, I think, the sooner you enter an union with China, the stronger it makes your position and the more influence you will have there.
Because if you wait until they are fully developped, you will be just another 20 millions for a population of 1,3 billions and have zero influence.
So it might be in Australias best interest to strengthen its ties with China. Maybe, as you said, having a large Chinese diaspora will help you with that.

>They are a completely irrelevant country
I don't see why thats a bad thing. We're isolated, have a low population, are 92% white, and the dangerous animals maymay keeps people from visiting and migrating.

>92% white
lel

>You will probably be the first breed of white people ruled by Asian overlords

Not that that statment is true regardless, but middle easterners are still asian so it'll probably be you before australia, actually

look, I know Sup Forums is a very tongue-in-cheek board, but this thread is about serious discussion, so it would be kind of you to keep the memes out

>china ruling australia isnt a meme

It is only a matter of time.
I mean, it could be India or an ASEAN Union instead, but Australia wont stay allied with USA forever

>population of 20 million
>they're all shitposting on Sup Forums

?

But but we did some important stuff in the world right?

Because they have the banterstamp and a history of involvement wherever Britain was involved so they have been involved in a lot of important shit

white Australians barely reproduce, it's more likely that we'll become a melting pot

your right about that relations with the usa have never really been seen as widely positive. Polls often show Australian opinion towards the USA as slightly more negative than positive. Even through out history weve had issues like ignoring our military advisors in vietnam.

>tfw flowers crash your economy

just like voting its required by law

sure, you had some great empires
It is a real shame that you left the HRE, I bet with German economy and military to back you up, you would have been able to keep your colonies

I count 14% nonwhite, and that's not including the nonwhites who put themselves down as "Australian".

>So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
Didn't you go to school? Poor retard, you are dumber than a nigger.

?

Demographic statistics indicate that 85% is much more likely

are you stupid?

well, I am not Australian, so maybe I am missing some vital information in this situation. It is just my opinion as an outsider

The bad thing is that bogans are the ones that have the most kids.

We need to bring in immigrants so the whole country doesn't get taken over by bogans.

like Namibia, most of Australia isn't really habitable
for instance everything but the south west corner of Western Australia only has people living there because of the mining industry and you literally need to drink a set amount of water each day to stay alive as a whitey

25.9 + 25.4 + 7.5 + 6.4 + 3.3 + 3.2 + 1.4 + 1.2 + 15.3 + 2.7 (Approximate to about half since unspecified) = 92.3%

Australia is one of the hardest countries to invade. There's ports all over the coast of the country, but there's literally nothing in between them making it a fucking nightmare to attack. The Japanese had a go at cracking into Darwin before they realised that there was no fucking point since there's a massive fucking desert between it and the next population center.
Obviously a country like China could manage if they really wanted to, but Australia has a very very strong relationship with America thanks to the our geographical importance and the effort it would take wouldn't be worth it. I also don't see any reason why the Chinese would invade, Australia has a finger in their pie thanks to the massive trade between the two.

After the boomers die, I can imagine so

>I, for one, welcome our new Asian overlords

>So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
You don't count kangaroo

what the average australian thinks and what the government does in terms of foreign policy are very, very different things

I wish I was live in Australia but severe fate...

The only places worth living in Australia are around the yellow circled parts.

Anything away from the yellow circles is kinda like the deep south of America and full of fucked up uneducated people who often have missing teeth.

also to expand on this, just because a there's a bit of fauna doesn't mean the land is arable. To use WA as an example, the vast majority of the state (including Perth) is completely devoid of soil, whatever plant life is there has to grow on top of sand. That makes it difficult for crops and shit to grow compared to Europe. The same goes for the eastern states too.

>townsville
most retarded name i ever heard for a city

Brisbane has no right to be circled

It's more of a rural hick town than a city.

Also with cheap solar desalination tech combined with Graphene membranes, in the future, we will probably become a major food basket. Australia has the one resource which is currently short in supply around the world, land.

Why's that?

I'm not trying to pick an argument I just genuinely want to hear your opinion as to why.

>rural hick
it's tautology

How about Wagga Wagga, Cockburn, Banana, Chinaman's Knob, Woolloomooloo, Dog Swamp, Goonoo Goonoo, Humpybong, Innaloo, Moolooloo or Tittybong?

youtube.com/watch?v=UwcQeaWG13E

For added emphasis

ever met a Queenslander?

In a scenario where 80 percent of those in the first world will become irrelevant to the economy as a result of automation and AI, which many are predicting to happen in the next 50 years, countries that have a lot of resources and a low population will stand to benefit the most. Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Northern Europe will be comfy as fuck in a post singularity scenario.

I am one.

Perhaps that's the reason why I am biased but Brisbane isn't as bad as the rest of Queensland.

Kind'a ashamed how many Qlders voted for one nation though.

Then you just need an experienced, highly technologically advanced and well funded military to fend off the rest of the world.

We are experiencing an Asian invasion of some sort. Although we
Just need to maintain an 80 percent majority and we'll be fine.

back to Sup Forums

I actually think Pauline Hanson helps refugees.

Every time she talks on TV and every time her supporters have a rally it makes people who are pro refugee look smart by comparison.

I think because of her a lot more people are ashamed to publicly admit they dislike refugees coming here because they feel that opinion will associate them with Pauline Hanson's idiot followers.

I didn't say it was a bad thing, just the truth. I'm fine with Asian migration, although nationalistic chinks that are still connected to the communist party need to gtfo.