Anybody ever get a guitar for Christmas? Post your Christmas guitars or the ones on your wishlist

Anybody ever get a guitar for Christmas? Post your Christmas guitars or the ones on your wishlist

Pic related I'm hopefully picking this one up on boxing day

Good guitars are too expensive to be Christmas presents but pic related is most likely my next purchase.

Waiting for my next payment to get this one
I actually have to work throughout Christmas vacations to afford it

Watch out for your G string. Les Pauls have a tendency to lose tuning due to high tension.

>Les Pauls have a tendency to lose tuning due to high tension.
Say what?!?
What does the guitar have to do with the string tension?

It's due to the angle of the headstock. It creates a lot of tension on the nut for the G and sometimes B string. Epiphone guitars have a smaller angle, that is why they don't face as much of a problem in that area. Fenders have no angle. Sometime they even need to create tension to have a better note sustain.

OP here this is on my wishlist but it's a bit too expensive for me atm/couldn't find one at the store anymore it got sold

What do you guys think?

Fucking metalhead plebs

That is also one of the reasons Gibson introduced the robo-tuners in their 2013 to 15 (?) models.

If you have a decently made nut and don't wrap your strings six times around the tuner post, tuning isn't an issue.
I get what you're saying about the tension on the Gibson necks, though... but it's pretty much a non-factor when the guitar is properly maintained.
The G-Force system was made to sell guitars... and for fogeys like Jimmy Page that can't tune his guitar because he's so burnt.

wow. that thing looks fucktarded

I don't want to be adamant about what I claim, but I will stand by that claim for a bit. Personal experience and a few comments of people, led me to believe that Gibson cannot sustain tuning when the strings are bent. I bet there are ways of doing so, but a gigable instrument should not be tuned after a single 3 minute song.

I got this one last year, a Steve Vai Jem Jr. I love the design, and the quality is also pretty good.

I've had a LP's in various guises for 20 or so years, I've never had any tuning issues when bending strings on a correctly set up instrument.

I started hating the Wizard necks after a while because they caused me some hand pain, so I gave up my endorsement... but you can definitely get good quality stuff from Ibanez for less money than most other manufacturers.

Carvin. American made. you won't find a lower price or higher quality

I have the exact same guitar. If you can, pick something else. Its not bad, the fretboard is fucking perfect, but the hollow body is just weak.

Got this today, fucking amazing guitar compared to my last. Doesn't lose tuning at all once the nut is tightened. I will need to get it checked though to make sure its correctly set up.

I like Carvin amps... liked the guitars in the '80s, but the styles were horrible.
Nowadays, I think their guitars have lost a lot of their luster in the workmanship.

I fucking love guitars and approve this thread but I'm happy with the lineup I have now so won't be buying any more this christmas. I already went through a phase of buying guitars (have probably owned about 15 in total) but have sold most of them now and kept the best two (and a crappy backup strat that i don't really use).

what did you keep fam?

Got my first bass this year. Pic related

Your parents don't believe in you. Prove them all wrong.

I've got a blue Fender American Special Tele for the lighter stuff and a nice custom guitar made by a luthier in the UK with humbuckers for the heavier stuff. I didn't personally commission the custom guitar; it was a good friend of mine, but I bought it from him after a while for like a third of what he paid (he's a rich fucker who owns like four custom guitar).

What are you gonna do with that tho?

I wish but it would be a ridiculously expensive gift and I want my next guitar to be custom

Bought it 2 months ago, im learning to play it every day, is fun

Great question. No idea tbh. Fuck around on it probably. I've been playing guitar for a few years and I figured id enjoy bass too.

Why do you want it to be "custom?"
What about the guitar needs to be "custom?"

Learn The Sweater Song by Weezer. It's a fairly easy riff for a beginner and the rest of the song is just easy chords for you to sing over. :)

fuck
It's not for youR PERSONAL FUCKING ENJOYMENT YOU FAGGOT BITCHES! YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYONE PAY. THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED.

Will do thanks

What? For what?

If you want to punish people by playing guitar then go to the nearest Guitar Center at peak hours and plug in a cheap ass guitar to the oldest Line 6 Spider you can find, turn on the insane channel, turn the gain up to max, and play sloppy sweep picking. That's what all the kiddos do at my local store and it really drives everyone nuts. I saw an old guy holding his ears the other week as he passed by kid who was playing, haha.

BABY BOOMERS AND GENERATION X MUST PAY. YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THEM ALL.
yeah ive been to guitarcenter before. cute joke.