Post pictures and talk about the place where you grew up

Post pictures and talk about the place where you grew up.

I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers - foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed along with the words they made me speak. With each change - I changed too. My thoughts, personality, How I saw right and wrong... Words Can Kill.

>le spain is cozy ebin maymay XDDDDD

FUCK OFF

I don't think that is a meme. But anyway: Most of Spain is not cozy, at least for me.
Just some places are.

Raised to be told that I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today. Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land. God bless the USA.

Still live here for whatever reason. Not much to say tbhfamily.

Looks comfy anyway.

We always ride the ferry when I was a child when to visit my grandparents in another island.
Now we ride the airbus, but I miss getting seasick(before) and ocean breeze.

Forgot the pic

I started drinking at the age of 14

house I grew up in

Born in Rosario (Argentina). Raised there until around 15 when I moved with part of my family to Spain.

It's a nice city, I like to visit once every a few years it but I wouldn't move back 2bh

this tall, slim building. did the architect get hanged for it?

you have to go back

you have to go back

As far as I remember it pissed off some people around it because it covered the nice view they had of the river. But most people in the city like it. It was also supposed to be 10 storeys taller.

Born in Tetritskaro (Georgia)
Grew up until 7 years in Tbilisi(Georgia)
>Pic related of Sameba, my House is at 200 meters from It...

At 7 (2002) i moved to spain
I visit Georgia every 4 years

He's going back, maybe you have to go back away from Amerindian land.

From which country Is your last name?

You have to go back!

Say what you want about Spain, but it's actually a nice place to live, much better than Argentina at last.

Irl argentinian culture of meet with Friends is 1000% better than spanish one...

Drink mate
Make bbq
That's GOD tier!

Also the argentinian acent and White arg Girls are GOD tier!

Please Stalin, do not implement gaugasian gommunism here.

I know, but I've never had a lot of friends and that kind of stuff so I never cared that much. But yeah, It's one of the things I miss

On the other hand I appreciate things like being able to walk outside my home at 3am without fear of being killed by some nigger, no villas miserias to be seen around every city, pot holes being fixed in just a few days (at last in my city), a government that actually kinda works, no public transportation/health workers/teachers/farmers/carrier workers blocking major roads and bridges because they are on a strike every fucking week, etc...

>no public transportation/health workers/teachers/farmers/carrier workers blocking major roads and bridges because they are on a strike every fucking week, etc...

That kind of happens here too, tho. Strikes are a very yuropoor thing. Frenchies "invented" them.

You have always lived in Akureyri? What is it like?

That house is actually in grafarvogur (reykjavík suburb) have lived in akureyri since I was7

Yeah, but like I said, they don't happen that often and not on such a massive scale.

In Argentina it had become a commong thing at last while I lived there and every time I visited. I remember a few years ago I visited my grandparents in Corrientes and some teacher labor union was blocking the access to one of the only bridges that crosses the Paraná river (pic). They blocked the access for like 3 or 4 days and there was a kilometric jam that went trough the whole city for days.

Oh I see... What is Iceland like, anyway?
Do you like living there?

Yeah man wouldn't trade it for anything

I really want to visit Iceland. And maybe live there, or at least somewhere quieter. I live on a major city, and it is driving me insane.

San Marcos/Carlsbad California.

I used to fish off that little dock all the time as a kid. It's weird seeing how much the water level has dropped because of the drought. The lake is a lot wider when the level is higher.

I grew up in Kulmbach (pic related)
We always used to walk up to the castle and play knights.
I'll never be this happy again

I grew up in South-Holland. I don't really think there was another option because all my family is from here, but it's just a strange feeling when your family has lived in the same municipality for at least 4 centuries. There is a little shipyard here, which has made the community great. My grear-grandfather built his ships here which he designed for companies which worked in the Dutch Indies and cruise ships. I think it's nice to live here, but seeing how this municipality becomes African makes a little bit sad. It just feels like something isn't right.

I didn't live here, but I worked just around the corner, and it's where I did most of my growing up and thinking.

Streets with properties like these are among the richest in London, if not the richest. When I had lunch breaks, or came back from drinks after work, I'd walk amongst them, either in the cold winter, or as the sun faded during the summer months.

There's something incredibly calming and pristine about these streets, this kind of strange Victorian age charm. It spurred my understanding and appreciation for capitalism, my aesthetic tastes, I took previous girls with me there, and thought about them here too. Sometimes when I go back to London, I'll make a day to just walk around aimlessly here again to ground myself.

Pittsburgh, a dysfunctional, admirable, and proud city that definitely has flaws but has nice qualities as well

Born and raised and living here, my family has lived around here for generations. It was the intellectual centre of Portugal (kek) for centuries, so it's still a fairly respected city in the whole country.

It' a University/Student town with the best schools and hospital of the country, and it also has some great companies emerging. It has a great nightlife, a fairly young population and it gets empty in the summer.

It used to be the capital for a while, before Lisbon took over for being a port city during the discoveries, and so it has some very important landmarks from the first dynasty. It's where our first king is buried as well as a lot of his descendants.

It's small and cozy and has a couple of nice places to work in with barely 10-15 minutes commute and plenty of parking spaces. It has no weird accent, is still part of the north of the country and enjoys good wine and great dishes and isn't too terribly hot most of the time.

The historic part of the town happens to look like the backdrop of a myazaki movie, which is neat.

I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world.

St. John's, Newfoundland was a nice place to grow up, but if you want a good career you need to move elsewhere, unless you are of a well-connected family but even then it's iffy.

Born and raised in Hong Kong, since my father was a pretty rich businessman (I recently moved to America to study). My parents were New Yorkers that had managed to land a job with a British company making headway in Hong Kong. It was a really calm and fun childhood with a lot of beautiful moments. Fuck I miss it.

Pic related is basically the view from my apartment. I always imagined those four buildings across the bay were a giant robot lying down. Shit was aesthetic as fuck. Might post more photos but idk.

Why don't people accuse threads like this of being NSA data-miners anymore?

Is small government not à la mode in the Trump era?

>implying the NSA needs you to explicitly post any information.

They already know who you are. If they are interested in any of us, I am pretty sure they can get our info virtually immediately.

Born and grew up there. Full of maghrebis and blacks, whites were still there

Now there are even less whites there

I know that feel

Well done. You must be Spain's biggest intellectual powerhouse.

I was referring to a lingering attitude of distrust for government which is no longer noticeable.

why don't they just remove those trees between houses? it looks like the houses were built randomly in a forest

it would look like your commieblocks

commieblock is a commieblock. trees won't change that