Tfw you speak a different language at home but you did your entire schooling in English

I, and I suppose most of the other Pajeets here, must have studied using English as a medium of instruction for at least most of their childhood. In maybe fifty years or so, I fear that Hindi medium schools or regional language schools will become obsolete, since more and more parents want to send their children to English schools. In fact technical education in India exists ONLY in English. Kids who studied in their mother tongue until the age of fifteen have a tough time shifting to English to prepare for their entrance exams, and typically, well desu, turn out to be not all that great students. This is happening in Niggerland as well. What do?
youtube.com/watch?v=SrDlXYZlFW0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=81rcibwfI2o
youtube.com/watch?v=0I1geB7U5VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The language situation in India is a mess. You can't even tell Urdu and Hindi are the same language. The best thing to do is just drop all those tribal languages and embrace a superior European language.

Nationalism, my loo friend.

Why do all Indian OPs post such long sentences conjunct like as an essay?
they are so intelligent.

Indians have this really crude mindset of "practicality", as we often put it, that bulldozes through any greater conception of cultural heritage. As a result we have huge issues with self esteem on a collective level.

It's quite sad as there's generations of desis out there, regardless of class, that has no proper grasp on any one language to the extent that they can hold abstract conversations or even express themselves properly. It's a staggering cultural and educational failure that nobody gives a fuck about since we're churning out office monkeys and running behind western development models and culture with no brakes.

whats so bad about it, friend?
Isn't it great that we, people from such different countries, can communicate in English?
I think English should become the language of the world

I would think this sums it up well

Do german universities teach solely in english?

yas

>has no proper grasp on any one language to the extent that they can hold abstract conversations or even express themselves properly
yeah - that is a huge problem indeed.
It's nice for people to know english so we can all communicate, travel, educate etc, but it's also very important to keep English contained to some extent.
It's a secondary language for niche uses. Treat it as such.

Depending on the universtiy and the subject, really.
But you can expect that pretty much every German with an universtiy degree can speak English pretty fluently

I agree.
Indians should preserve their precious cultural heritage, like the class system or burning widows

The monoculture cometh.

cosmopolitanism is a only solution

>culture heritage solely exists of social ills
Didnt expect such low quality posts from a german.

>exists
*consists

my post was tongue-in-cheek, but i do really mean it. Not all cultures are equally well prepared for a modern, globalized world. And if you wanna stay competitive, you need to adapt certain elements from other cultures

Three idiot is such well-made movie though

You make good movie

I hope Indians will extinct 2bh.
They are everywhere.

>But you can expect that pretty much every German with an universtiy degree can speak English pretty fluently

Calling BS on that

yes but it doesnt mean you have to replace it completely. Even after years of communism china is still better at protecting their culture, at least they speak their own language.

Brainwashed piece of shit.

It's hilarious how retards are crying about Arabs "replacing the native population of Europe" because in some countries there are 4% of Muslims, and then you read shit like this by literal amerislaves who are willing to destroy their cultures in the name of "progress".

Being able to speak a lingua franca is what allow you to open yourself to the world. I might be wrong but your overpopulation seem to be a consequence of a very low education through a national level. If more and more people are able to speak english there will be a rise of the average educational level and will lead at some point to cure what you've called social ills above.

Retards crying about arabs replacing the native polulation of europe leave in suburbs where they basically never see any.
Also please describe solvakian culture.

I see no problem with it, as long as your native languages keep being used for day-to-day things.

I agree.
Linguistic diversity serves no purpose anymore. It never did, really. It just segregates people into groups. We've overcome barriers imposed on us by geography. And we should start breaking down self-created cultural barriers as well.
When I go to the store to buy food I usually talk to the cashier in English to catalyse our complete transition to a common language.

We are not breeding like bacteria yet we use Slovak on all levels of education. Why do so many Western Europeans want to be Anglo slaves? It is filth, illiteracy and child mortality that causes Indian overpopulation. Do not force English on them, teach them to be literate in their own fucking language first, then they can learn English.

There are cultural aspects that can impede progress, but language is not one of them.

Why are all Norwegians online globalist shills?

I guess you're already used to bland and functionalistic architecture, food and culture, which is great, you can skip the communist step and instantly go full orwellian retard. Why even dream beyond a mediocre bureaucratic world composed primarily of autists?

Culture and languages are the product of separate existence of people over 1000s of years.
When people can live together they become obsolete, artificial.
It may take a 100 or 1000 years, but most of it will be blended together.
A pale shadow of the radical differences of the past.

I may be exhibiting a very selfish opinion dictated by the nature of my education and current job, but I like the linguistic situation as it is. If suddenly all people start communicating and doing business in one common language, it will drastically diminish the value of language skills.

Either troll, or Scandis are really complete fucking motherless cucks.

>In fact technical education in India exists ONLY in English.
A lot of technical vocabulary that exists in English is not present in all languages. You think Telegu and Tamil are a vehicle for all this technical work? They're not.

>What do?
Continue to shift all education to English.

Fucking amerislave. Why don't you just kill yourselves and let the Americans take over your lands?

You are right, there should be more higher level education opportunities for indians in Hindi.

Because global trade and expansion is totally possible with only hindi as your main language.

Guess how I know you're monolingual.

worry not, my prediction is not one of a single world language and a single world culture, but of few world languages and small cultural differences
distance has not disappeared, it has shrunk, and it can only shrink so much

With current technology, language skills are already pretty useless. Not to mention the fact that most people speak English fluently.

With Trump as president, are you insane? I think the EU is really the biggest force for good in the world. They support a tighter integration of previously culturally very dissimilar countries, and I think it's only a matter of time before it starts to spread further into Africa and Asia. An possibly North America.

Can you give me one good argument against globalism, besides the temporary decline in wages for the working classes of already developed countries?

I can totally relate to this. Sometimes I find myself that I can express my thoughts more efficiently in English than in Hindi.

I am ashamed of my situation, that's why I'm trying to learn Sanskrit now.

I'd say it's the fault of South Indians for not accepting Hindi.

All of this anglo slave thing is a meme. As much a meme as believing that you are keeping your strong and ancestral culture. Also new technologies of information and communication will inexorably erase cultural difference on a world level. Believing otherwise is delusional.

>Not to mention the fact that most people speak English fluently.

Maybe in Norway. Only 15 percent of worlds population speak English to ANY degree, only 25 percent in Slovakia. Go outside of your Scandi bubble, most people have no desire no live with random foreigners, most people speak their mother tongue in their daily life. Slovak society never really accepted any other people than Slovaks, Czechs and partially Hungarians, Rusyns and other whites.

>only 25 percent in Slovakia
You should be embarrassed about that fact.

>most people have no desire no live with random foreigners
Why not? In the end we're all pretty much the same.

> Slovak society never really accepted any other people than Slovaks, Czechs and partially Hungarians, Rusyns and other whites.
And I think I have less in common with Russians than I do with lots of non-white people like the Japanese or the French.

>talk to the cashier in English to catalyse our complete transition to a common language

I find it funny how I live in North America and yet never speak English to the cashiers. Stop being a pawn of the Jews and cherish everything that makes Norway different from other countries

>In the end we're all pretty much the same.
You're like the first Norwegian flag I've seen that doesn't seem to be racist.

>what you've called social ills above.
That's not me, fakkar!
Since when has child mortality been leading to overpopulation?

>I find it funny how I live in North America and yet never speak English to the cashiers
Not even greeting your cashiers is honestly seriously autistic.

> cherish everything that makes Norway different from other countries
Most countries are very similar, and Norway certainly doesn't have anything that makes it stand out in a global context.
I think we should all just work together to reach our common goals. Just imagine how much quicker we could eradicate disease and poverty and reach mars.

>Why not? In the end we're all pretty much the same.

We are not.

Quebecois?

Hi.

>Most countries are very similar, and Norway certainly doesn't have anything that makes it stand out in a global context.

Mate, you never ever left Norway, did you?

People in societies with child mortality have a lot of kids because they tend to die a lot. My great grandmother had 12 kids and like 5 died from childhood diseases while my grandmother only had 2. Come on, this is basic antropology.

Namaste :^)

>You think Telegu and Tamil are a vehicle for all this technical work?
Why not? Would you say the same about Japanese? STEM exam papers are always bilingual even in India.

There are tons of technical works written in Slovak, that is spoken only by 5 million people (OK, Czechs can easily understand it too, so understood by 15 million). That dumbass probably thinks languages other than English have no technical vocabulary.

T.uses Danish in school instead of his mother tongue. And btw, you're music is pretentious af.
youtube.com/watch?v=81rcibwfI2o

Oui
Ici, en Quebec ont parle le français

You obviously don't care about Norwegian culture, and are some Oslo native that thinks a world of multicultural cities you can fly to where everyone speaks English is cool

Kys

I only saw JEE papers in English and Hindi.

PUC (SSLC) papers are in Kannada here as well.

>That dumbass probably thinks languages other than English have no technical vocabulary.
That's unfortunately kinda true in a number of sectors.
Up until now the way knowledge would propagate was through professors that studied abroad. Then they would write (or translate) books in their own language and often fuck up various things in the way.
That was painfully slow and inefficient.

I think we should all embrace english as the de facto communication language in science and technology. It's good to publish in your own language, but always publish in english too.

This is the first game I can play in hindi, thanks to my japanese overlords and ZUN

I think people should learn English - as a second language or a part of billingual education.There is no reason to replace your mother tongue. I am fluent in English, but I use Slovak in daily life and at school. I only use English when communicating with foreigners.

We look slightly different and we have different predispositions for certain diseases.
But in the end we are all just people who work to put food on our tables. We all get tired, we all have similar needs and desires. And most people just want to live a good life, free of any massive conflict. And I think everyone deserves a shot at a life like that.

I've traveled pretty extensively around Europe and Asia... I've gotten drunk with a group of native Miao people deep inside of Guizhou province, just like I've gotten drunk with a group of Trondere here in Norway. There are slight differences, obviously. But they're getting smaller, and will be hardly noticeable anymore in a few generations.

*on parle
A world where everyone speaks English is extremely convenient. There are no disadvantages to it.

This

As a Tamilian who topped his school in Hindi in the Boards, I can't help but agree - linguistic chauvinism is utter bullshit and needs to be discarded by the Dravidian retards to ensure complete integration of the nation (so to say)

>I think we should all embrace english as the de facto communication language in science and technology. It's good to publish in your own language, but always publish in english too.

Isn't this already more or less the case, perhaps with the exception of China?

If Slovak, spoken by 5 million people, managed to get a mature technological vocabulary then any language can. We had the advantage of importing words from Czech through, which is very similiar anyways and these words were quickly nativized or even adopted as they are, they do not stand out like other loanwords due to linguistic proximity.

I am writing my diplomas thesis on philosophy and law and we certainly have all the words we need. We have far less loanwords than English. English is actually one of the loanword heaviest languages.

>I think we should all embrace english as the de facto communication language in science and technology.
I agree. Science shouldn't be restricted by language barriers. For example, see how convenient it is when we use Metric system internationally, instead of our own units.

Hey, don't talk shit about their music, sinklars visa is pretty good.

>I've traveled pretty extensively around Europe and Asia... I've gotten drunk with a group of native Miao people deep inside of Guizhou province, just like I've gotten drunk with a group of Trondere here in Norway. There are slight differences, obviously. But they're getting smaller, and will be hardly noticeable anymore in a few generations.

So you want the word to become a homogenous boring mess?

>A world where everyone speaks English is extremely convenient. There are no disadvantages to it.

Each language influences your thought slightly. I feel almost like a different person when speaking English. You would be robbing the word of uniqueness that enriches it. Hell, I am Slovak and Czech is almost the same, yet it is different enough that some Czech songs would just sound WRONG in Slovak and vice versa. You view language as just a robotic means of communication while it is much more. Poetry in one language cannot be really translated into another.

Fuck your utopia.

>Taking Hindi as second language instead of Tamil
Why do you guys do this to yourselves? There were some people like this in my school too (not in TN tho). Learn from the uncucked Finns removing Sven from the premises.

youtube.com/watch?v=0I1geB7U5VI
meh
T.thinks metal can be good

Consider also how 19th century panslavists made a single language for Serbs, Croats and Bosnians yet they hate each other. Stop believing this all humans are the same bullshit, go drink with ISIS in Syria and then tell me how we are all the same. I have even read Croats who wished that Serbs spoke differently, because the same language leads to claims on each nation ("You Croats speak the same as us, therefore you are just Serbs! No, it is you who are Croats because you speak our language!") etc.

So you want North Indians to learn Tamil/Telgu/Kannad and whatnot instead of just being homogeneous with Hindi?

W H Y ?

I like Metal

I was in CBSE. The only alternative to Hindi was Marathi, which is just a bastardised version of Hindi and a language that's pleasing neither on the lips nor the ears imo

And nothing of value will be lost.

>Years of getting cucked by Sup Forums.
>starting to unironically believe that all human beings were created equal, and should preserve their own culture to overcome depression.

I'm an Anglo living in Quebec and I was forced to learn French because I live in Quebec

I'm surrounded by hundreds of millions of English speakers and I could leave at any moment but I prefer the culture of Quebec. I take pride in Quebec and it's differences from the rest of NA and I don't even speak French at home. You're just a boring cunt that wants a monotone world

Sure.
>North Indians
You mean South Indians? Or are we on the same page?

Well, I do want people from the _same_ country to be able to communicate without any language barriers.

Besides, how can you be against multiculturalism when living in India of all places? Don't you know India is like 20 different countries into one?

>"culture"
How to identify the boring person who needs to brag about the achievements of his nearby people to feel better.

The greentext was about myself, fool!

Oh wait, so Tamil can be taken as a first language?

I thought English was mandatory. :DDDD

>homogenous boring mess

Better than a heterogeneous 'interesting' mess.

That's basically most of Sup Forums lol

I support monoculturalism or near monoculturalism within countries. I am not a refugees welcome guy. But I do not want a word where everyone is an English speaking numale.

There are still subcultures everywhere, and every individual is interesting and unique in their own way. The world does not become less interesting by you being able to communicate with everyone in it.

>Each language influences your thought slightly
I speak three languages fluently. I'm the same person, regardless of which one I'm using. I've never understood people placing so much value on their language. It is a tool to be used for conveying information. It's not some sort of magical nexus of a specific way of thinking.

Humans are the same. The people in ISIS grew up under circumstances that made them into monsters. And everyone has the disposition to become a monster under the proper circumstances. Look at Nazi Germany. Look at Srebrenica. If the people in Syria and Iraq had grown up in a free and peaceful society, they would not be acting the way they are.

You take pride in a province that you have no connection to besides living there right now?

Globalised city states are coming within our lifetimes. Better get used to the idea.

even in Argentina, if you want to study something unusual like Meteorology, some textbooks will only be in English.

Nehi yaar, kya samajh liya tune..
Are you the Tamilian in Maharashtra? After reading your post I thought you were lived in TN itself, and took Hindi as 2nd language instead of Tamil. I'm in Karnataka and in my school, many Kannadiga kids took Hindi as 2nd lang, and Kannada as third lang, because their parents wanted them to learn the rashtrabhasha so they can get a job in Delhi and I feel sorry for them.

I like this guy, no homo.

Are you from a science/tech field?

No, I'm not that guy.

But what have you against Hindi?

>I like this guy, no homo.
Same

Dear slovakia bro. You are super patriot and you attack anybody who disapprove with you.

And honestly think about language barriers. They keep your poor part of population from moving to Finland to do the same job and earn 5x more. They slow down research. When you do cool diploma work in slovak language, chances that anybody who looks into same topic and will be able to read it is very small. They make reading the best hentai a chore and keeps you from newest movies. They keep your Sup Forums friends from reading famous jóžin z bažin cause it wasnt translated.

Having small countries is nice and all, but it creates all sort of problems where some eat dirt and some are so rich and bored they fight about trans entering wrong toilets.

I also like living in my small country laughting at burning deutschland, but we are both heavily biased. Humanity needs to solve it's problems on global level. To do so, we need to understand each other no matter what place you were born.

You are blind and naive. Europe is already abandoning notions of "solidarity".

Our language situation is nothing like yours. Faroese people have been bilingual for centuries. Literally everyone speaks Danish fluently. We speak Faroese in school, but around 50% of our books are in Danish (due to limited resources).

Thanks, guys.
I'm in medical school at the moment.

>Bad language situation
>Good language situation
What the fuck does that even mean, you giant cuck?

The poorest part of our population has never worked, never will, and Finland would never accept them (you know well who I am talking about).

Not that I enjoy being drunk, but I hope to find more people like you if I someday manage to go overseas

t. Muhammed

An example of a bad language situation would be South Africa and India, i.e. third world former colonies where no one is able to communicate.

Very interesting discussion. Not knowing English is a disadvantage

meant for