Martha Wayne

>You're...... letting him...... kill martha

Why was this line felt so forced and too setup?

In context Superman should have said "Youre letting him kill my mother" but that too in context would mean that Batman wouldn't care. so The "Youre letting him kill Martha" line was inevitable and a stupid way of justifying how and why they work together in the end.

I liked parts of the movie, especially Batman's theme

>I'm older now than my father ever was. This may be the only thing I do that matters.

but goddamn the weakest part of the movie for me was

>Cavill's acting
>R9k luthor

Is this the worst scene in the history of movies?

pro tip: yes

Why would you call your Mom by her name to a stranger?

Batman has no clue who the fuck "my mother" is.

You're just too dumb to understand the symbology behind the sc..

no you're right, it's fucking lame.

Maybe when he was face to face with Batman he said "Lex has kidnapped my mother".

>but that too in context would mean that Batman wouldn't care
No.

He could've easily have a trauma trigger from 'mother' as he connects his own mother to it.

It was just Goyer's glib shit writing

because goyer or whoever was writing this scene wrote themselves into a corner and this is the best they could come up with

Because Batman didn't know Superman is Clark Kent. If he had said "my mother" then Batman would know who his mother is and make the connection.

Simply saying 'my mother' would have had the same effect as any one can connect the line (even the lunatic Batman)

It's just that Goyer needed to be SO SMART with *martha*

I forgive the scene a lot, because I honestly believe it is all on that hack

Batman even snidely acknowledges that Superman must have (alien) parents in his kite flying scene so that wouldn't be enough of a trigger.

>Batman ready to kill Supes w the spear
>Tells him after he's done to save Mom
>"Who the fuck is Mom"?
>They both die

I hope you never breed your stupid genes

And now that I think about it, it's possible that Superman knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman because of his abillities. So maybe Superman knew that Bruce Wayne's parents got killed and their mothers shared a name and it would trigger Batman.

this is literally the most autistic post in this thread

>And now that I think about it, it's possible that Superman knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman because of his abillities.

He says BRUCE, I WAS WRONG right before the sonic disruptors kick in, and he already suspected him from the suspicious conversation he picked up at lex's party between him and Alfred.

Probably because it's from a fucking superhero movie? Good lord this board is garbage.

It looks even worse in HQ.

I guess I'll need to rewatch this comedy of the year.

Of course some pleb watching it through his Samesung 15" laptop with TN panel would say it looks bad.

Fucking plebs.
>Not owning a 7k dollar OLED
What the FUCK is wrong with you

It's possible that Bruce can't even hear what Superman is saying, until he mask gets broken.

>It's possible that Bruce can't even hear what Superman is saying, until he mask gets broken.

You're probably right, because that's when the disruptors go off, of course then Superman says

>You don't understand!
Bruce:I understand!

But y'know, lipreading is like a basic Batman skill.

Or have Flash say "Martha is the key... save Martha" in his time travel scene, instead of using it to justify why Lois Lane is even in the films.

This movie stupid.

No interaction between batman and superman.
No batman action till the very end. Why not show us how he robbed lex corp.
No real superman action till the end.
Batman looks dumb, all he discovered was from Lex findings. He can't even uncover ships name, greatest detective my ass.
I actually think Lex was ok, he was too scared in the end conversation with batman. But smart and everything goes according to his plan.
Batman v Superman fight looks dumb.

Btw, supes need to say only - MARTHA (like his dying father) for batman to stop for a second, this would work better. And Louis will cover him with her body afterwards.

>Lex inserts agents into terrorist cells to frame Superman for wanton murder
>Supplies them with bullets that are unique in the world and directly tracable back to his corporation
Real smart guy.

>Guys killed with bullets.
>It is superman doing.

This whole plot point looks dumb.

>HE LITERALLY EATS WATEVER GARBAGE LINE THAT DAVID GOYIM MAKES

tbph famalama i call my mom by her name all the time
Also
>Batman has no clue
WRONG. He's Batman, he always have a clue.

>He's Batman, he always have a clue.
>white portuguese
Kek.

in the Ultimate edition they torched the bodies with flamethrowers to make it look like heat vision, the single bullet Lois recovered was a fluke

>in the Ultimate edition they torched the bodies with flamethrowers to make it look like heat vision
Yes, I saw this.
But still bulletholes and you can't melt bullets with simple fire. Still stupid.

It's weird what they removed and kept in the film. Like that Flash scene made no fucking sense when you think about BvS as a single film. That's the stuff that should be on the Ultimate edition, not the stuff that actually mattered to the story.

Yep, whole dream sequence was confusing as fuck for my family.
WE WANT MAD MAX AUDIENCE.

>But still bulletholes and you can't melt bullets with simple fire.

>already establish the bullets have a unique property
>bodies burnt to a crisp, lol what bulletholes
>flamethrower
>simple fire

Come on now.

Allowing for that fluke when the braindead obvious thing would be to use regular bullets is what is absolutely retarded about it.

>Things that will make sense in future films
>But I want mah instant gratification neow!

The social media generation everyone

Still flesh on them.
When firing bullets endure similar heat.

No, this is just stupid.

>in future films
>after BvS success
Yes, all will go as planned before, of course.
After credits scene will be enough.

We already have, wonderwoman, 4 JL members, new possible future, flash from future, darkseid possibly, all in one movie established.

You shouldn't think films as a TV show. You should think about them as individual films. The runtime of a film is incredibly limited and removing scenes that help the story make sense should be left and the scenes that have nothing to do with the film should be removed. Sure if there's enough time you could have both, but a filmmaker should think what matters and what doesn't.

>Still flesh on them.

Flesh that would be warped and burnt away by the flames to hide any sort of entry/exit wound

>When firing bullets endure similar heat.

Are you being purposely dense right now?

>Focusing on making a movie that makes sense on its own legs before setting up sequels is bad
Fuck off. If it had been an after credits scene it would've been fine, but slapped right in the middle of it all it just disrupts the flow.

>>Are you being purposely dense right now?
>This film inspires the most stoneheaded, ignorant shitposting I've seen (from the naysayers)
"no u" the post

Mate have you seen any BvS thread? The people hating on it come up with the most stupidest shit.

Lex and Batman discovered Superman at the same time.
Both genius level people with huge money resources.

In this 2 years Lex:
Uncovered Batman and Superman identities.
Found another powerful beings.
Uncovered kryptonite and though of another measure to kill superman.
Manipulated both Batman and Superman with government.

Batman:
Tortured some low level scums for info.
Searched for a man named White Portuguese.

Why Batman so stupid in this movie?

this movie made me realize I might be a dcfag

sure it wasnt amazing but at least it had fucking ambition. Remember when movies were epic? Well it wasnt entirely, but at least it tried. I wish they had expanded a bit on the whole dream future world instead of just teasing it.

Civil war just gave me this feeling of smallness. Like watching a tv show

Miller Batman was never a much of a detective, he was more like a brawler. Also it's easier for Lex to operate, because he can just do stuff as Lex and not give a shit.

Because Batman is broken in this movie, the years of crimefighting, whatever happened to Robin and him being on-site at the Metropolis destruction all weighed heavily on his mind and body, even Alfred has noticed that he's gone off the reservation and brought it up but Bruce doesn't care.

It's funny that of the two that Lex is the one who manages to stay more objective and open minded in his destroying Superman while Batman is considerably less so, all he can think is that Superman is a dangerous alien who WILL go crazy and needs to be stopped.

I don't care about siding with company, but I agree with your summary. This movie felt really operatic, and at times epic. It has faults, but damn it tries so hard to reach for something good, it is ambition packed and shows that despite Goyer being a shit writer and Snyder being a so-so director they both really want to make something great

Argue why it's dumb. People keep saying this but I have yet to see one good reason why

because he's batman

I think it was pretty clear that it is the name itself which triggers batman, not the fact that superman's mom is called Martha. That clarification was only needed to calm him down after he starts chimping out thinking it was some kind of trick.

Plebs keep misunderstanding this scene, even those who defend it. It's not batman's opinion of superman that changes here, but that of himself. All this time he has been getting consumed and blinded by rage, running on auto pilot with no thought given to anything else but his mission, not even the rationale behind it. This is a retrospective moment for him where he is reminded of who he is and why he runs around dressed as a bat.

That's Dick Grayson Batman, not Bruce Wayne Batman

All I could think of when Bruce backed off after that line was that scene in Stepbrothers.

>Did we just become best friends?
>YUP!

It was so fucking corny. It wasn't a bad movie, but anyone who really thinks this take on superhero movies is better than the Marvel formula are delusional tryhards.

Because it makes superman "human".
Hes not some freaky alien with a tentacle-mom, he's just a normal dude with parents and fears and so forth who happens to be very strong.

Their moms having the same name further makes batman realise what a dick he has been to superman. One of Supermans biggest fears is what already happened to batman.
Perhaps ve arr not zo different affter al?

Argue why it's not you baiting retard

>Implying
It was obvious why Bruce didn't kill him when he said Martha. It's not even that complicated and yet everyone just keeps jumping on the "our mum got the same name lol no dead 4 u" meme