This movie had a decent plot/story. If there was better writing, acting, directing and a better love story...

This movie had a decent plot/story. If there was better writing, acting, directing and a better love story, this would be a great movie.

>please be gentle

>This movie had a decent plot/story. If there was better writing...

just contradicted yourself

faggot. prequels are gay

>thinking movies need love stories
Kill yourself, facebook.

There's an entire board for people like you who don't know fucking anything about film. Plus you can talk to all you reddit friends there.

Hayden Christensen was the perfect choice for Anakin Skywalker.

it's also pretty imaginative. Some nice visuals here and there

A movie's story and dialogue are independent. A movie can have the same overall story and different dialogue.

Prequels suck                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                because Mr. Plinkett said so.

Appearance-wise yes. He looks exactly like what Anakin should look like.

Acting-wise hell no.

The narrative was aimed at kids. The jokes were aimed at kids. Harden Christensen was a fine character, however the script was aimed at kids.

>If the things that made it bad were better it would be good.
You don't fucking say

You're the first person to mention dialogue. Learn to argue, dunce.

>Assuming I think all movies need love stories

This one was based on the love story, so yes it needed a good one.

Writing = dialogue, not story. They are connected but not the same.

The writing is the dialogue.

>>Assuming I think all movies need love stories
>it needed a good one
Holy shit you're stupid.

Haydn Christisumimasen was awful. But at least he wasn't CGI

Writing isn't specifically dialogue. Try not to talk about things you aren't actually educated about. Or, just do a better job specifying what part of the writing to which you're referring.

LEAVE HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN ALONE!!! HE'S NOT A BAD ACTOR, IT'S GEORGE LUCAS FAULT!!!

How about you explain what the writing is then if it's not dialogue since you're the expert?

Writing is both the story and the dialogue. If the story is good but the dialogue is shit, you can say the writing needed to be better because overall the writing was bad because of the 50% of it (the dialogue) that was shit.

I didn't say it wasn't dialogue. I said it's not JUST dialogue, as you implied. Learn to read, moron.

But he was the CHOSEN ONE!

More importantly
>the writing isn't the plot

I don't see no explaining...

But if you say the story is bad but the dialogue is excellent, would you say the writing is needs to be better? I think not.

I mean it's certainly better than the dogshit that was Rogue One, but I wouldn't say it had a "great" story. It was basically just a string of scenes that looked and felt like future toy product placement.
>inb4 better direction
I mean yea but even with bad direction if the story was truly great the string of events still shouldn't feel pointless.

There's no such thing as a bad story. Only bad execution. If a movie has great dialogue but the "story is bad", it just means the director failed to capture it and probably fucked up the tone too.

all this bickering over dialogue/story...

meanwhile, no one defends either.

Yeah, the movie is shit.

Like most I feel the constant action scenes were trite. The love story could have been played out more, like some have said. The relationship between anakin and obi wan was nonexistent and gay. Also padme is barely a character.

Hey, retard, he argument is BECAUSE people are defending the story and not the dialogue, and other retards think the two things are one in the same. The movie IS shit but not because of the story.

Yea, the general story is actually good it's just the execution, for all the reasons you say here, is terrible.

where in this thread has someone said something positive about the story? aside from op generically saying it was "decent"

No, you're thinking episode 1.