So I just watched Interstellar for the first time. I think I understood most of the film...

So I just watched Interstellar for the first time. I think I understood most of the film, but the scene at the very end where he meets his grandmother threw me off. What is this scene supposed to say ? Sure he says goodbye to his grandma that's great but does it have to be in the movie ? She wasn't even part of the previous scenes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKUBHz6MB4#
instaud.io/Gq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's his daughter. They even mention it in this scene, do you have autism?

>I was go to mars

The book is better

This thread gave me Downs

>this

op is a fucking idiot

Moral of the story: Don't fuck with relativity.

nice dubs dumbcunt
awful film

she's way too old to be his daughter

It's a really really shitty movie designed to make pretentious people pretend they understood its deep meaning. There is nothing deep about this movie, it's more trash for the masses.

That fuckin organ in the soundtrack though. God damn

That Hans Zimmer really is something, isn't he?

Those subtitles can't be real.

It's just an organ, the soundtrack was meh at best. Go to an organ concert if you wanna hear something powerful that makes your bones shake.

"Stop liking stuff"

No they're not. It's either faked by OP or knockoff subs. What he really said was:

>"You told 'em I liked farmin', huh?"
>"That was me, Murph. I was your ghost."

Murph didn't say anything in those screenshots.

Not my fault people have no taste. An organ recording played back in a movie theater is objectively less awesome than listening to a live organ in concert.

I fuckin love knockoff subs.

Like they went and showed the movie to a bunch of Indonesian 16 year olds who couldnt understand it and they just fucking made up their own story as they went along.

The fact that you think it's his grandma shows that you didn't understand the movie. And the movie is trash filled with pseudoscience. It's all style, no substance.

Oh? And how'd that turn out?

Oh my fucking god

Falling for the bait. Rookies

>grandma

nice special effects but it was confusing as fuck. had to re watch it a few times. anyone catch that first bit in the school about reprinting school books because of the "lunar landing" being a hoax?

They had to discourage the kids from thinking in grander scales. Propaganda move to encourage them to just focus on farming and shit.

It was only confusing because the script writers were morons.

youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg

Checked.

Huh, never thought of that. Interesting.

this is now a le monke thread

it was the exact opposite - that technology will fix all the worlds problems. no need to stop using that fuel... or change how you live. magic tech will save our species..

Me and my dad went fishing, we ran out of works so i used this for bait.

Grandma was important because she said he could take spaceshop to go rescue robot friend and girl on planet.

It's a tree hugging hippie movie. Hell he ends up behind a book case one time. Love the hot chick in it Ann Hathaway. So he comes back from that place he was and he's going back but the left over people fro earth isn't going to follow him. Just stupid man.

he had to go back in time and impregnate his grandma before she died so that he could be born.

I guess it is tree hugging if you think that climate change is fake or something.

but it focuses on mankind out-teching nature. It is about seeding new galaxies instead of caring for our own planet.

now reverse that logic in real world and how they would fake it to encourage the bullshit space race to beat the Russians. Nasa loosing the original moon landing tapes is highly suspicious.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKUBHz6MB4#

Is that what this scene is about?

the one where Cooper EXPLICITLY states otherwise.

you didnt get it at all and youre retarded.

retard alert
cool space stuff and pseudoscience. again.

>Nasa loosing the original moon landing tapes is highly suspicious.

This part has always seemed like a lie. I find it far more likely someone stole them, and some rich saudi has it.

If they were really just "hanging around" at whatever lab in Australia - someone would have eventually just grabbed them. Some one who worked there.

wait.. what? The "bad" people are the ones who want to focus on the earth. The hero of the story says that space exploration ( tech ) is our salvation... and proves it by saving humanity. The people focused on the earth ( like the farmers ) are seen as fucking losers and children murderers.

space is fake
no one has made it beyond 400miles above earth

if "space" has no oxygen how is it possible for fire (ignition,rockets) to work in that condition?

IMPOSSIBLE

you pack along your own oxygen.

>no one has made it beyond 400 miles above Earth
Say that to Buzz Aldrin's face.
>if "space" has no oxygen how is it possible for fire to work in that condition?
Rockets pack their own oxidizer. Idiot.

no one "pretends" to understand the theory behind it. you must hang out with fags.

I mostly liked the film, but the bookshelf twist was so awful. Everything about it was dumb.
They should have rewrote that plot element and came up with something else.

You are a fucking moron

and your objectively an faggot

400 miles above the earth is space you dip.

yeah seemed stupid.

As an aside, I don't see how freewill can exist in this type of world.

Have you ever woken up, looked at yourself in the mirror and said "I won't be a gigantic faggot today"?

its called critical thinking skills
try igniting a bottle rocket under water
two parts hydrogen one part oxygen (H2O)

The "bad" people are the ones who want to focus on the earth

That's exactly what I'm saying what the fuck do you think I'm talking about?

I guess I did :/ Bunch of my friends really liked it when it came out.

Holy bait, batmun

That sounds like such a massive waste, having to bring both fuel and oxygen. They should just use electric engines. Put propellers on them or something, you could even forever power them with solar cells. With enough batteries you could charge them during the day and run them from batteries during the night.

sending people out to space in the 60's in a tin can was equivalent to strapping bottle rockets to the side of a dr peppers can

very low survival expectations

This is what you call bait kids

I liked it too, doesn't mean I pretend to grasp higher order mathmatics. Any more than when I watch starwars I pretend to understand why spaceships make sound in space.

they do now, they are called space sails. But getting up and out first they basically use controlled explosions. ( rockets )

I don't know. You disagreed with my statement and posted that video.

I'm glad we are on the same page. We are both very smart people. What is your kik so we can talk more.

So I gave it a listen. That is some pathetic underuse of an organ. It's musically boring and unimaginative, doesn't make use of the capabilities of an organ at all. Zimmer has done some good stuff but that is not his best.

Compare with something like this:

instaud.io/Gq4

Nah I just like organs.

Shit the mp3 compression on that clip is awful.

Douchbag vegan

You can't compare it to star wars. Star wars doesn't pretend to be anything it's not.

Interstellar on the other hand tries to be scientific, and tries to have some deep meaning behind it all. And sadly it fails miserably at both.

This