So, how many money (in US Dollars) you need to live comfortably in your country? Rent for a month, water, electricity...

So, how many money (in US Dollars) you need to live comfortably in your country? Rent for a month, water, electricity, internet, go to bar and drink a pair of beers in a weekend, that shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

streeteasy.com/for-rent/manhattan
livingwage.mit.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for a single dude? id say around 35k a year. but fuck that shit i want to start a family.

Depends where In the south you can live comfortably 3 Grand a month

fuck that shit i want to start a family

>father of the year

FUCK! Thats a lot of money

no it isn't

comfortably?
my bills alone are about $2500, i make about $3000
>rent small 2BR house
>used 2008 truck loan

That isn't comfortable either.. i'd say I'd be happy with about $4-5 grand a month

I made over 100k/yr when i was 19 and 20.. go work a useful trade instead of bitching about your english as a second language degree

your expenses are too high

loans are for idiots with no money

why did you get in over your head?

why don't you get a shitbox Toyota which will be 10X more reliable and 3X cheaper and then save your REAL money until you HAVE money instead of BORROWING money like a dumb retarded loan-monkey so you can pose around town like a greasy-I-have-a-nice-truck-hurr-dduuuurandi'mafaggot

and then complain about your loan bills on Sup Forums

in NYC you need at least 40k just for rent

projecting this hard

>rent 250 a month
>drugs and alcohol 350 in month
>food 150 dollars a month
everything except drugs are cheap. I make 600 a month legally and the same amount illegally

rent 250 a month

>nigga do you live in your car in a parking space?

and thats not comfy

that's like 3333 a month in rent

there's no fucking way it's that expensive

shit apt in pennsylvania is around 250 so i would imagine he is not urban

I'm seeing it from my perspective. Comparing how many I obtain from my work and all that

>implying he doesn't live in detroit

lolslums

About tree fitty

im living it. 2 bed 1 bath in queens 2700. and thats just for my landlord

rent isn't that cheap in detroit.
If you want to buy an abandoned house it would be cheaper.

that's including absolutely everything.. utilities/groceries/fuel/etc. I live within my means jackass. usually about 90% of that leftover 500 goes to savings jackass.

why do you live there? why not move?

you have savings AND a loan?

>being this retarded

Rent is about $800/month. Utils and internet add maybe $100.

And I drink heavily on the daily, which is pricy. But i eat cheap (like, classic bachelor bullshit, beans and rice, pasta, etc)

I could get by on less than $20000/year, but I make more which I use to go on vacation and shit.

you're supposed to pay off your debts FIRST before you make a savings account because what's the point if you are spending more than the item is worth in damn interest?

NYC is as good as it is bad

$900 a month, am comfy

In tx... You need about 1800. Not in the big cities ofc. But with a job that pays 10-15$ an hr you'll be set.

yeah, who do you think you are, putting money aside for later?

>dipshit

streeteasy.com/for-rent/manhattan

indulge

really? I only see the bad.

like how is the air since 9/11?

doesn't everyone have fucking lung cancer now because of that detonated, pulverized concrete mixed with thermite that went fucking everywhere for miles?

gross, no

NYC is filthy and corrupt. they'll probably get 9/11'd again as long as Silverstein is still alive

50,000 alone

USA reporting in. Varies hugely. NYC you can spend $1200 on a shitty studio. In lots of rural places you can get a fucking 4 bedroom house for that.

I live in a suburb in Illinois and got by fine with 50k/year.

>150 on food a month
>Comfortable
You must eat a lot of Taco Bell

>The internet is the fucking worst invention ever.

i am even more retarded, i just put a measly 300 in a savings account and my student loans are about to run out.

In america, this website is all you need to know
/thread
livingwage.mit.edu/

per yr

What do you do?

when i leave the city the air does get noticeably more refreshing lol

the women, food, nightlife are 10 though

There are decent blue collar apartments in my area that are around $650 US for a one bedroom and $800 for a two bedroom, roommate style apartment, all bills paid, other than internet TV. If you're frugal, maybe $200 a month for groceries if you shop smart and go with lots of sales.

A buddy rents one of the 2 bedroom ones for just himself so he has one of the bedrooms and set the other up as a media room with a big screen TV. His computer is on a table in the little dining area and then the living room is mostly open and he has a decent sized table there for eating and playing board games at.

I'll pass on all fronts.

I my country you can get a loaf of bread about 1.5 ft long and about 10 in wide for 2 usd or less

i live in san francisco. in the tenderloin (ghetto). my wife and i share a studio apt for 2100 a month. together we make around 120k a year and barely live paycheck to paycheck with bills/school loans

yep

wise

I live in Nashville, TN, and I make about 70k a year. With that type of money, I can afford a nice flat in an upscale area, two vehicles, yearly vacations, eating out weekly, delivery, all needs, and a lot of wants (e.g. watches, guns, electronics, etc).

I do however have to budget, because 70k isn't a lot of money, even in a small city like Nashville. Thankfully I will be making about 6 figures after graduating with my masters, allowing me to move up in the pecking order in my industry.

Now I need to find me a woman that makes about the same or more – that way we will be living the upper middle class life.

Thanks user

then what

For an apartment, US $1400 a month. Which is barely above minimum wage here, and that includes putting $200 bucks in savings every month, after all living comfortably also means being able to save money in case of an emergency.
Housing is actually not that worse off here, since there is a housing boom in my tiny little town of 40,000. I'd say, with 2 or 3 of your best buds even on minimum wage would only need to pool together $1,800-$2000 a month to live comfortably and still have enough privacy and room for everybody since houses are now being built with space in mind.

It's just polluted and crowded. If I'm going to pay that much for rent, I want to live somewhere clean and beautiful (which I do) and with that being said - what advantage do I get by sharing with you people where I live?

all it can do is invite direct competition with me if it seems appealing

so I ain't saying shit

enjoy your shitholes, please stay there I am getting a great deal and it's none of your business

I live in metro NY, and I make over $120k yearly. It's still not enough. I don't know what the answer is, but I know it's a number between $1m and $120k.

where do you live?

The power of combined incomes makes a huge difference in a monetary system. I am not asking for much. All I want is privacy, a little land, seclusion, an average size, modern house, a couple of vehicles, all needs, and some of my wants.

20$ a month

based venezuelan

different strokes

A rural town in Portugal.

Brooklyn isn't much better, made $80k a year and it was just barely enough to get by in a shitty apartment with jack shit for food

here in argentina it depends on two things
1) own house = cheap
2) no car = cheap
so if you own a house/flat and don't have a car, you'd need around 1.750 bucks to live each month unless you waste a lot of money buying random shit.

About 600usd (30,000 philippine peso) in my country. With small airconditioned apartment and bills. Ok food and gas money.

10 inches wide?

Is that you Fez?

>argentina

Feel bad for you, shit skin.

>philippine
>my country

Prove it with pics. Time stamp. Let me see your shack.

No, you're correct, and this thread sucks. I'll be moving to NYC in about a year and I'm looking at ~1500 max for a room. If I was looking for a studio, it'd be 2000. And I'm talking Manhattan.
More bedrooms costs more obviously, but this thread is extremely imprecise about what "living comfortably" means.

I live in Pittsburgh, PA currently and ride a bike (don't drive) and my expenses are 900-1100/mo. I'll even break it down :)
>Rent: 250
>Student loan (didnt finishe school kek): 125
>Food: 100 (eat very cheaply)
>Phone: 95
>Utilities: 100
>Paying off old debts: 200
>Misc: 100

>overview: single white male no attachments living with roommates and quite frugal but still comfortable enough to eat out 1-2 times a week and buy random items

My rent is only 250 because I'm sharing a (nice) 2 bedroom with 3 people (me and a couple). Pittsburgh is cheap. I would call myself comfortable in the sense that all my basic needs are taken care of. If my expenses were inflated to about 2000, I would be very comfortable indeed. 3000 where I currently live would be heading towards ostentatious.

I'm literally less than 2 months away from getting a job as a web/software developer though, and my income is going to go somewhere between double and triple what it is now, so that's pretty sweet.

For me, is expensive live in EUA. Easly I can live for a year without work in your country and the rest of my life in Venezuela only with my savings.

My bad, i am not very accustomed to using inches. 8 is a better estimate. But a bakery nearby sells very large rustic bread.

rent - 1000, 1400~
water electricity gas - 100-200~
internet - 30-70~
monthly food for one person - 300+~

de pelos

Coastal AL,thin population,lots of jobs,even svc jobs start at 10-12 an hr,decent studio apt are like $750 furnished with utes. I do Well on 28k yr...and the beach life....

>NYC
>1500 max

KEK. Enjoy your rat, cock roach, nigger infested closet of a home.

>1500 max
>Manhattan

choose one

rude awakening incoming

Not if you live near the beach surrounded by Russian babushkas. My parents live in a rent stabilized 2br apt for 1k a month.

>1500 max
Not even good enough for Yonkers or Jersey, holy fuck step up kid

Bear in mind cities are much more expensive than rural areas here. (rural portugal is very cheep. The countryside is almost empty.)

Being this retarded

Rent is not the same all over America its all relative and in places with high rent the economy is entirely different than places with cheap rent and no economy.

>how many money
Fuck off and learn our language

Mr. Obvious, everyone knows that with the exception of kids living at home with mommy – and some of these kids know that. Try not to be so obvious next time.

ño

There 1bed apt rent and bills for a month is about 10kphp

3000 to be "comfortable" without progressing

I live in California, SF Bay Area born and raised.

My rent is a small 1 bedroom apartment for 1500/month. utilities about 500/month. food about 200/month. gas and other needs... if you want to save anything you need to be making at least 3k/month or you will be living paycheck to paycheck.

It was okay when I had a decent job but I lost it after seven years (lost it in October) and I've been struggling to not get evicted. Resorting to prostitution so I can save up and hopefully move somewhere cheaper. Wish I was lying but I'm not.

>> you have savings AND a loan?
Most likely yes, and passed economics well enough to understand that he/she can make more money investing/saving than the 3-4% interest on that loan. Meaning that investing $1000 and making 9-14% return is a hell of a lot smarter than paying back a loan that is only costing you 3-4%.

No one cares about your opinion.

you will be free one day

You're preaching to the quire. My girlfriend is Filipino, and her parents were born there. I've been there with them. Visited some shit hole in the north, where my gf's dad owns a house at. Stayed in manila.

Are you white? Appears your sunburned skin isn't handling that sun too well.

choir*

I make 60k as a underemployed engineer. I was laid off when energy tanked. But I'm comfy. Would like to make more do

Do you sell dollars on the black market

Probably since the Canadian dollar is in the shitter it's like $20,000USD/year in my city. Which means about $28,000CAD/year. For a family I'd want upwards of $65,000USD/year.

$1500 might get you a room in a shit hole in Oakland with 5 roommates. It certainly won't rent any apartment.

In the USA an apartment rent can be under $300 a month or over $3000 depending on where you are.

Congrats – you corrected one spelling error. You're so smart, kiddo. Here's a cookie.

I live outside of Denver and my bills are around $2,750/month.

not yet