youtube.com/watch?v=LYb8auYPflM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>anime
>good
Pick one

anime allows to tell stories that would be impossible with other form of media

how about this 1?

>"I will make you suffer."
Was a character completely breaking his character the peak of a series? No.

If anime iis so good why does it have the worst fanbase?

it was because he was transforming for the first time and couldnt control his anger.

>dubshit

Yes. The series should have ended when Namek exploded, tbqh, family

>"I will make you suffer."

Seems to still be continuing that tradition in Super.

his best friend just got killed you stupid ass

youtube.com/watch?v=0_vHiABxIuM

The video is kind of shit, but this is how the japanese version is and it's more close to the manga. He doesn't break character.

dragon ball z isnt even an anime at this point. its so influential and everywhere

Who has it worse, people who like Berserk or people who like Dragon Ball?

Beserk.

Dragonball had a good long rich series. Beserk had only 20 episodes and is forever cucked.

Dragon Ball Z isn't entirely bad, but all of Beserks successors are terrible.

Honestly the English one had more impact and I liked it more.
Of course it was typical American over the top but the ground shaked and it looked like the world trembled when he went SSJ

kkrkrkrkrkkrrrkrkrkrkrkrkrk

Frieza killed Vegeta, Krillin and Piccolo (or so Goku thought). He's understandably pissed.

for some reason his anger doesn't come across very well here, whereas in the manga it's a pretty jarring moment

youtube.com/watch?v=XebyKpo6A9s
better tranformation

Yes. This also makes sense because the Frieza saga was the originally planned endpoint for the series, that's why it has the best climax of all the sagas.

That was the point of Frieza you fuck. He was such a cunt that it even pushed Goku from I don't want no trouble, to this.

no, because he's a pussy that only went SSJ because it took every motherfucker he knew and loved to die to give him the motivation to go all out. and he STILL let frieza live. I pretend the show ends with krilling stabbing vegeta with the sword, everything after the saiyan saga went full retard incrementally more as it went on

Dragonball Z fucking sucks

It's literally 10 episodes of some faggot shouting "ARGHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

over and over, and then 12 seconds of badly animated, repeating frames of ""action"" before the next faggot needs to scream for 10 episodes.

I could barely watch it as a child, and it's literally unwatchable as an adult.

Truly anime at its worst.

Kai exists for that reason

Dbz is shit. I loved it as a kid, then I turned 14 and realized it's filler, retarded power scaling, cringey scripts and only occasionally quality animation.

The only good anise is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

you're over thinking

I love this line, it's probably my favorite scene in DBZ Kai. Goku, the guy who never wants trouble and just wants to have a good time is pushed to the edge and went back to his Saiyan roots for that moment to threaten that cunt Frieza.

yeah, nah.

even kai has too much bullshit filler and is way too censored to enjoy.

Blu rays are uncut you retard

>never wants trouble

Tf are you talking about? He puts the galaxy at risk time and time again just so he can get his rocks off. He always wants trouble

Nope, Cell Saga was the peak of DBZ

#5 youtube.com/watch?v=LzyBrCewMJY
"you'll be wishing your head was stronger when I'm crushing it, hahahaha".

He only wants "trouble" because he loves to fight opponents who are strong. Not trouble in the sense of "I WANT bad guys to attack Earth all the time"

You are fucking dense.
>He wants trouble but his reason is totes bad ass so it doesn't count

Why are mods ok with DBZ but my evangelion thread gets deleted

Nah i'm not m8. The saddest part is when shit does actually go down, its badly animated garbage and gary stu-tier battles with damage scaling that doesn't make sense at all.

Its probably the dumbest shit ever made. I watched the uncensored and it was slightly better, i mean at least it felt more satisfying.

You'd have to be completely braindead to watch the censored and somehow "enjoy" it.

>Krillin, his best friend since he was 12 was killed by Freeza just to show off how edgy he was
>Piccolo nearly kill again
>Vegeta kill

If I were Goku I would also be pissed off beyond measure

name me one series better than DBZ

>Posting Grandma Goku
Comeon youtube.com/watch?v=WeXUgF2qEuk

my only problem with the English dub is that it changes to much from the manga, whereas the latin american one is as close as it gets

Mexican Dragon ball dub is the only GOAT dub

Dragonball.

See

youtube.com/watch?v=ov0sx1-NrMg
educate yourself

>they're demons wot fight good
>wot

Kek, you just know a northern monkey typed that up

"let me ask you, does a machine ever experience fear?"

close second vegeta self destructing in majin buu saga

youtube.com/watch?v=FbyasDDbosU

this is the God tier dub and it's closer to the japanese version than the US dub

>dystopian
stopped reading right there

Coming through

>m8
Stopped reading there, fuck off back to twitter

would anyone be interested in me dumping the relevant manga part

DBSuper only evil character was fucking freeza. For the third time. They have no idea where to go.
Now they have this Black fella and it smells fishy af.
Designing a new villain is half a show and they're failing horribly.

youtube.com/watch?v=_g6evRAYY5o

Best character coming through.

toriyama hasn't given a shit for 2 decades and is just in another dragonball X thing with no regard to the original story to cash in money at this point, more new at 11

>DBZ

Damn when will people stop watching shit anime.

You can pick both. If you think otherwise then you necessarily concede that live action cannot be good either.

It's the people who've watched 1-10 anime who always think there's only one good anime ever.

there's Beerus, which is lawful evil I guess; why is Black fishy?

Haha fuck off m8

>was this the peak of DBZ?
It really was.

I watch Toonami every week and DBZ Kai is on the Cell saga right now and it is just way more boring than I remember it being.

Buu saga when?

Buu saga is so much worse. God damn I barely made it through and I didn't even watch the last 2 episodes because I was so sick of the bullshit

>after five episodes of spirit bomb

It was the peak of something.

great saiyaman saga was GOAT and you know it senpai

Beerus is an undeveloped meme at this point and a half assed copy of buu
>muh tasty fooood~
Come the fuck on now

Black seems to be another kaio dude fused with I dunno, past goku's body or some shit.
that's very unoriginal, they presented the multiverse which could give them a clean blank canvas, but still chose to bring a shitty non character villain. Same thing with Water Vegeta, wtf was that?

don't get me wrong, I like the English dub, but I like the latin american more (I grew up with it after all)

in reallity I can't stand japanese DBZ, fucking grandma Goku get's on my nerves, I grew up with masculine as fuck voice Goku not with that old lady shit... and probably most of us westerners feel the same regardless if it's the US or the Latin dub

still the only dub everyone should stay away is the Spanish (european) dub, that shit sucks donkey dick

It took you this long to realize DBZ is filler and retarded power scaling? You should have realized that from day 1. That's why it's so awesome. It so passionately and apologetically revels in its own stupidity that it occasionally achieves moments of real pathos, like in OP's example.

>The only good anise is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
The original FMA anime is a lot better, but if we're talking legitimately good (read: kino) anime there's only Eva.

>fma better than fmab
Opinion discarded

Tbh I've only seen the first and last episodes but they were shit. Powerlevel bullshit. Felt more like Naruto than FMA.

> but if we're talking legitimately good (read: kino) anime there's only Eva.
That's not Cowbow Bebop

These are the people that post on Sup Forums

>if we're talking legitimately good (read: kino) anime there's only Eva.
You mean Eva is one of the small handful of anime you've ever seen.

Why does Sup Forums keep coming to Sup Forums to talk about dragon ball?

this is to go even further beyond

that would be

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

>legitimately good (read: kino) anime there's only Eva.
Eva isn't particularly good except for its last stretch, ironically the least impressive part since it's when Anno and Gainax ran out of funds.

I motherfucking hate this so much. I'd rather have the English VA's stuttering or shuddering or growling and grunting and groaning than to have stupid nips imitate the sound a fork makes when it's jammed into an electrical socket.

No, I don't give a shit about what's being said about dbz. but brotherhood is leaps and bounds better than the 2003 anime.

No discussion

Kai has basically no filler, and you can find it uncensored + english dub

Dragon ball might as well be Sup Forums, hell for most people DBZ does not count as anime

I'd put Bebop a tier below Eva simply because it doesn't reach for as significant a catharsis or do anything original with the medium. It's a great example of a perfect anime, though. Everything it tries to do it does spectacularly. Eva, by contrast, stumbles endlessly.

Anime and manga are just not that good, user. They are the capes of the far East.

Still get goosebumps from that scene...

isn't it just the onomatopoeia for grinding teeth? something very common in anime/manga but that is apparently lost in translation here

They didn't run out of money, they ran out of time because the schedule was all fucked or something.

Anime and manga have nothing to do with capeshit. Anime encompasses everything from DBZ to Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

Tfw you're all retarded for thinking DBZ was originally going to end at Frieza/Cell/whatever. All rumors.

What the heck is censored in DBZ?

Are the blu rays uncensored?

They've painted themselves into a whole, the exact same way DC painted themselves into a hole with Superman.

The characters are so absurdly powerful that they can't create new characters anymore. They just fight evil clones of themselves now. (Ultraman, Superman Prime, etc.) or they bring dead characters back to life like Frieza.

Super just doesn't have the same frantic energy of DBZ. Shit would get fucking real in the DBZ sagas and the characters went through both literal and figurative tranformations. Piccolo learns to put his evil past behind him once he learns about who he really is. Gohan accepting his responsibility to defend the world and getting punished for neglecting his training. (no mary sue bullshit here, Goku is the best because he trains the hardest, not because he's the better man) Trunks making peace with his father and growing into his role as a warrior. Vegeta recognizing that his quest for greatness was tearing his friends apart and sacrificing himself to protect the earth. Goku constantly pushing his friends to be better people. Krillin, Bulma and Mr.Satan showing compassion for villains that everyone though was evil. DBZ was like a greek tragedy teaching classical heroic values with fucking jacked bros. It was the perfect show to watch as a young man discovering his role in the world.

Now it's all DYEL manlets getting into wacky hijinks that have no place or relevance to anything. And those fucking Japanese voices are fucking killing me. Hearing Chris Sabat's masculine voice growing up and now hearing Goku's shrill chipmunk voice is like taking a shit on my heart.

Even the fucking noncanon movies were better then this dog shit. Why couldn't they get the guys who did the Cooler,Broly or Janemba movies to continue it?

Fuck GT fucked it up and now Super fucked it up too.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYb8auYPflM

Mostly just blood or swearing, the uncensored kai actually has a decent amount of swearing, it's pretty neat, it's mostly just damns and bastards though, and hell of course

this is true, as a kid it was basically just another cartoon show, the idea of it being "anime" and therefore separate wasn't even a thing. Watching DBZ was something every kid did.

DBZ established it's own thing, Super is just starting and is trying to establish the multiple universe/time line thing, it'll be neat to watch unfold, but of course it won't be on the same level as DBZ, especially with the horrible animation

Hell I'd almost say Absolon has better animation

>2 chances in life for proper DBZ continuation series
>GT has a terrible story
>Super has terrible animation

was this the peak of DB?

>"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"

This one was better.

>he called it "Evangelion" without even knowing what it was supposed to mean, if anything, because it "sounded cool".

Typical japs.