Are Millennials ruining cinema?

Are Millennials ruining cinema?

I don't blame the people who make shitty movies as much as the people who watch and fund them.

Sony Pictures is just extremely out of touch

Grouping people by a set time is a bad measurement thats actually rejected by most people now because someone born in 1980 has a way different experience than someone born in 1999. How is someone who was 21 when 9/11 happened even slightly comparable to someone who was 2?

"Generations" are a bad meme, with the exception of the baby boomers.

The first emoji was created in 1998 or 1999 in Japan by Shigetaka Kurita, who was part of the team working on NTT DoCoMo's i-mode mobile Internet platform.

>The Emoji Movie
>American

FUCKING WEEBS!!!!

Well the main plot idk but I do know it is going to take place on someones phone.

Do we like read a conversation when suddenly the emojis come to life and run around on someones desktop? Kek

EMOTICON not EMOJI okay?

that's literally the case in every single generation

Generation X are all people who were born from the early 1960's to the early 1980's

now a current 55 year old is very different from current 35 year old

"Emoji" is literally a direct translation from "emoticon"

The fuck? Emoticon is a contraction, "emotion" + "icon." How is "emoji" a translation? It's the same shit as with "applications." now known only as "apps" thanks to le smartphones.

>all baby boomers are le evul people meme

go back to r.eddit

>millenials

>>>/offabridge/

i realize that, the 9/11 was just one specific example. the entire generation system is dumb. Either that or at least wayyy too broad.

nice Jew buzzword cuck faggot

>implying I said anything like that
No man, it's just the closest there is to a cohesive "generation" out there, as a result of the baby boom.

I honestly feel sorry for millenials

A lot of them are completely clueless. They have brains of 7 year olds.

They dont even know of Sup Forums.

All they know is texting, iphones, emojis etc

pitiful

That's how I group people, did you watch 9/11 happen on TV or did you read about it in a history book?

Nice buzzwords to you too.

>9/11
why not just say 2001?

no, studios are just extremely out of touch with what people what.

especially Sony.

Disney is probably the only company that knows what people want, although they still have their fair share of flops.

What year were you born in?

You have to be born in america to be a millennial. If your parents aren't baby boomers you can't be one.

>People believe this

How about you kill yourself? Huh? You piece of shit. You are utter trash. Fucking garbage. Go fuck yourself literal dog shit. Literal excrement. The world is a shittier place because you exist. Go fuck yourself loser.

>You have to be born in america to be a millennial.

So what do you call people born after 1999

Its from kanji

because we're talking about terrorism not adventures in space

literal children

it's because weeaboos infest the current world.

What's the point of calling some arab or turk or russian a millennial if he has a completely different culture and set of values than an american kid?

i-gen

My generation (83) have no talent whatsoever be in politics, sports, arts or business.
It's all about computer science and programming, websites, Banks, cars, cell phones, and other frivolous shit. Fucking ADD generation.

Sup Forums was created by millenials and used by millenials
Wtf are you talking about lmao

Jesus user take it easy

Well yeah, they were told that anything not conducive to your career is worthless , now we have a first world generation with zero artistic or political awareness. You try and tell me we aren't a civilization in a self inflicted decline and I'll call you a faggot

It's a generation you retard, not their behavior.

>My generation will put it right. We're not just making promises. That we know, we'll never keep

It stopped being a generator and started being a descriptor of a person's mentality a long time ago. If it ever even meant something different, today it's just a synonym for "those damned brats"

>science and programming
>frivolous
>sports
>not frivolous

>millenials
>watching movies
>paying for movies

truly only Americans could be this fucking stupid

>sports
>frivolous
i sit around and play a ton of WoW too, but I still get outside. Sitting on your ass all day is bad for you fgt

>the people you're arguing with were born in 2002 and will watch this movie on their phone

Generations sure make people mad

Your rudeness just hurt my feelings.

Well no shit being active is important, but sports aren't really outside of entertainment.

>now we have a first world generation with zero artistic or political awareness

The fucking SJW is ALL millenials fucking shits. We've had no real war that would negatively impact them directly (as in no more iPhones) so they grew up cozy, trying to force some sort of menial problematic in order to find some sense of fulfillment in their lives. Rape culture and so on.

So if there was no war, why aren't you cozy like them? Are you a tough guy?

generational struggle is a marxist meme
every other healthy society on the planet has old and young people side by side, in harmony, with mutual learning
only in the shitty pst-'60's west are people conditioned to hate all things old

the same way hippies ruined cinema in the 60's with such trash like Easy Rider,The Graduate & Midnight Cowboy
every generation must leave its mark somehow,a stupid cartoon directed at kids isn't Millennials fault

I like to think I'm the exception.
Learning different things gives me pleasure, from history, through music and science and many other disciplines of life itself.
I'm a College professor, I refused to be a wagecuck.

Because they're one of the broadest generalizations you can make

>everybody born in this arbitrary ~20 year period can be put in the same group and has these characteristics/views nehehehe

Surely you're the only person to think of themselves this way and this isn't your ego speaking. No no you'll assure me you're objective enough to realize that others are the same but secretly you'll believe they're all wrong

I'm yet to be proven wrong m8

How would you be proven wrong if you don't have access to the minds of other people but have access to yours? It's a wonderfully unfalsifiable hypothesis you've got there mate.

trips speaks the truth

Will shit emoji have a prominent role do you think?

>I'm a College professor, I refused to be a wagecuck.

So you enjoy your job and have enough time for leisure? I'll seriously consider it if it's not a 9-5 job.

>Angry Birds ended up being about the refugee crisis and the dangers of multiculturalism

I fully expect the Emoji Movie to deny the holocaust and name the Jew

DUDE MILLENNIALS LMAO

Through the magic of observation and ability to Weight and ponder where my generation values truly lies.
My generation came up with Emo ffs. And the kids born in 89+ ate that shit like fruitloops in their breakfast.
Instagram models. Camwhores. Shitty facebook videogames. The Hobbit movie adaptation cgi. New wave of feminism. Cristiano ronaldo. It's all crap.
You kids better step up.

Would propel it to kino status

>Through the magic of observation and ability to Weight and ponder where my generation values truly lies.
Don't forget the fantastical powers of selection bias!
Is this the caliber of professors these days? This special snowflake mentality truly corrupts everything, no matter where you touch the fruit is rotten.

>My generation came up with Emo ffs. And the kids born in 89+ ate that shit like fruitloops in their breakfast.

This is wrong

I teach around 3hours of classes a day. Usually in the morning. Go to the gym, home, make my food, watch something Sup Forums says is bad... then if there's a reason to, I hang around the lab with my senior colleagues helping them with some work they need done. It's awesome. True money lies in research though, I need recommendations and make a name before I can get showered in money.

What so u teach brofessor

>It stopped being a generator

Were you born before 1980?

If not you are a millenial

midlife crisis alert!

potentially incorrect, op could be born in 2002

>I teach around 3hours of classes a day.

Fucl, I would love to do what you do. What degree did you get and what do you teach? I'm getting my associates this year but goddamn your life sounds comfy bruh and I'll love to do it.

>millennials have the least amount of power in entertainment industries and sociopolitical rankings
>still blame them

>we are living in the worst era of Movies

if only those out of touch jew execs would drop dead

There's no especial snowflake m8, I'm no better than the rest of my generation is. I'm also not a doer, I dont produce anything other than shitty research, and that's following on my peers footsteps.
My difference is, I do know how lame we are as a generation. I have successful colleagues still living with their parents.

Civil Engineering department. Cement, concrete, ceramics, mortar, bricks, that sort of thing.

I'm still working on my doctorate. I teach some classes in 2nd, 4th and 6th semesters, see subjects above.
You go for it, just don't let the marxist mentality get to you.

I watched it happen, but I was in 1st grade at the time. I doubt my experience is the same as someone who was in their 20s when it happened.

>"last generation being born before the turn of the millennium"
>NO AMOUNT OF FEELINGS CHANGES THIS HURR DURR SNARRKKK

2001 was the turn of the millennium. There was no year zero, idiot.

On your knees.

when you're old, your kids will be conditioned to hate you too for having an opinion.

>they don't even know of 4ch
why is this a bad thing

>millennials whining about their feelings because they disagree with objective facts

Typical millennials

I sense a plot to destroy Sup Forums

No the old boomers that think they know what millennials want are ruining cinema.

more like Studios trying to appeal to them are ruining cinema

>implying there weren't just as many other terrible movies in past generations
Yeah this looks like garbage, but back in the day bad films were LITERAL garbage. If the movie sucked, they threw away the reels and only the good ones survived, hence so many surviving silent films being absolut kino. Same goes for music, books, you name it. Past generations weren't actually higher quality, but only the best of the best lived on. Some people after our generation will say the 2000's was the best decade in cinema history for a few gems that they will see while all the crap gets lost in time.

Now go be a nigger elsewhere.

Generation Z, i.e. average Sup Forums poster.

Cancer

Gen X is 80s
Gen Y is 90s
Snowflake is 00s
This image is good b8 tho

Gen X were the people who were in high school and college in the 90s. They were the people movies were about in the 90s when I was in grade and high school.

The only people ruining cenima are the Chinese

85% or more of Sup Forums users are millennials. Moot is a millennial

explain

Chinese are the reason why Transformers and Warcraft do well. Their chinky brains are too malajusted to actually like good movies

Yeah this is for the generation after millennials. And if it's any bit funny it will be a huge hit.

Why can't a person hate a demographic they belong to? It's never stopped liberals.

Honestly, if your not a millennial and you browse Sup Forums you should probably reevaluate your life.