So as someone who enjoyed the theatrical cut of BvS but still thought it was severely flawed...

So as someone who enjoyed the theatrical cut of BvS but still thought it was severely flawed, is the ultimate cut worth buying? I've been seeing a lot of mixed opinions.

strawpoll.me/10675328

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, it fills in a lot of story gaps that were in the theatrical edition.

Never watched the theatrical cut but im watching the Ultimate Cut right now and this
movie is fucking awesome
A lot of subplots so far though, i guess that complaint makes sense.

I could be remembering wrong but I think one of my major complaints was with the theatrical cut was that a lot of the scenes felt disjointed?

definitely, extra features and all

The UC fixed pretty much all the issues related to pacing, editing as well as disjointed storytelling.

God damn i hope they dont slaughter Justice League in the editing room too.

I just hope they don't make it into more generic cape-flick shit.

>inb4 they will

The thing I probably liked most about BvS is that it was different and took risks.

The real question is how much fanboy whining will be able to penetrate the skulls of the WB execs. Snyder, Affleck, and Johns probably know what people want, it's just a matter of getting the thumbs up from the money.

agreed user

I get the feeling that:

A. The movie won't need extensive cutting of scenes, at least important ones.

or

B. The WB execs are smart enough to see that the extended cut was better and don't make the same mistakes twice.

Or not.

>Synder was able to make the most complicated Graphic Novel ever published into a theatrical cut that made 100% sense
>Watchman's director cut was needlessly supperfluous and mostly stuff that was good to have, but no necessary
>they somehow fucked up editing BvS

I hate to break it to you dude but the movie is just 100% legitimately bad. It's not some obscure neo-kino or was done injustice, it is just a bad movie.

Hollywood puts out more bad movies than they do good ones. They waste millions of dollars producing trash, and waste hundreds of millions in potential profits had they just made a good movie. They have been doing this for decades.

It's just a bad fucking movie.

The poll hath spoken

I've only watched the Ultimate Cut. I thought the movie sucked. AMA

no. It's seriously bad.

inb4
>marveldrone

dislike both desu but this one is awful

No. I like the movie but I would never buy it. The UC was my third time watching it and by the time the climax started I had to stop for a bit. It's worth a watch if you liked the TC. There is some much needed context but it doesn't really make the movie much better.

>AMA

Do you spit or swallow?

I loved the theatrical cut, but after seeing how much was restored iin the Ultimate Edition I'll probably never be able to go back to it.

What's interesting is that a lot of these added scenes and moments are small, but they add additional (borderline necessary) depth and subtext to scenes that were already in in the theatrical cut. Makes me think that the people that edited the movie down into its theatrical cut were retarded or dead inside.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
dccucks still trying baka

>add additional (borderline necessary) depth and subtext to scenes that were already in in the theatrical cut
i've been saying since the beginning that the movie's logistics are tight in regards to character, but always said that the movie was kind of fast in how it showed things, then moved on to the next thing.
of course, the UC adds a lot of things that makes the emotional aspects of the story more clear

and really, they got fucked by the R rating
which is funny, since the dark knight had a joker that put a pencil through a dude's head, fed a guy to his own dogs while some guy was on fire behind him off screen and a fucking guy had a telephone bomb inside of him

but yeah, if it wasn't for that R rating they probably would have released that cut

Pacing and editing is superior.

Theatrical cut felt like a 2 1/2 hour "on last weeks episode" recap.