Car guys I need opinion plz

Car guys I need opinion plz

Need new car. Been searching for months. Had my sights on FRS/BRZ. Tested many cars.

I found brand new 2016 FRS for 23.5k out the door, everything included. Talked the dealer down.

Is this good deal y/n?

Fuck that unless you're paying in full loose your job and your stuck with payments, buy a 3000gt vr4, you won't regret it

Fuckin low as fuck NA pleb. If you were smart you wouldn't even consider that car if you're a "car guy".

Also cars for op thread

>3000gt vr4

Nice car but this is mostly a daily for me, not looking to get something 18 years old

So only turbo'd cars are cool eh?

> buy a 3000gt vr4, you won't regret it
yeah sure he wont..
good luck finding one that isnt a total piece of shit.
also brz's are kinda lame dude. theyre not really a sports car, theyre just a sporty looking car. but i drive a 350z so i have no room to talk i guess

Ya thats good, I got mine for 26 but that was right when the 2016 came out. Its a fantastic car, you won't be dissapointed.

>not really a sports car

Mate I used to sell Toyotas. I wouldn't buy one. YES Toyotas hold value and they are made very well.
Cocks will argue my point but take it from someone that has seen the cunts being made and knows the process.
It'll get impractical super fast and you'l have it for sale in 2 years and lose money even though they hold well.
I've seen it plenty of times. Unless you plan on doing nothing but drive down small streets or do general track days don't buy a car like this.

>Twin turbo, awd, v6, street legal skyline
> not a sports car
Yeah ok

was there something inaccurate about that statement?

Well, that's kinda all I'm interested in. Something sporty looking, fun to drive. I'm not going to be street light racing or anything like that. Might have a track day or two in the summer for personal fun, nothing more.

I have no kids, no debt, one girlfriend, good job.

Coming from 2003 protege. Looking for something light and fun to drive.

im talking about a brz not being a sports car...

yep

If you actually wanted to start fast and build even faster then I say, yes, to your question.

Don't get a 240sx

No its a piece of shit get a turbo mustang

Looking to buy a 2002 Celica GT with 220,000 on it for $2,800. Good buy?

im saying a brz isnt a sports car... a 3kgt is in my opinion a sports car. just to be clear on what im arguing

depends on the car cockbreath
>/o/

I don't really care about being fast, I have a sport bike for that. Faster than any car I could ever afford. My bike can outrun the cops when I'm speeding. No car I can afford will be able to, so no point in driving fast in a car.

I just want to delete this cancer.

I don't care what your opinion is, the brz is by definition a sports car.

2009 Mazdaspeed 3 hatch

Then what the fuck are you doing, asking about wanting a car like this? Fucking waste of money dude.

No

in that case you would probably like a BRZ. just dont listen to these tards telling you to get a 20 y/o dogged out sports car.

holy shit youve got to be kidding

I don't get it, you say I should want to go fast, so I shouldn't get a FRS because they are slow. I tell you I don't care about going fast so you tell me I shouldn't look at an FRS because they're fast?

If they're slow why wouldn't I look at it when I don't care about speed?

More interested in the body style, looks great. The driving experience was fun and it handles well.

hahahahaha yeah ok.

'16/'17 Camaro SS

Well I asked to see if anyone experienced with the certain car knows if they generally die out around that mileage.

>
>one girlfriend

Why so?

I like to leave the option open for more.

I just got confused with what you were saying. By the looks of it, sure. Go ahead and get it, maybe see if there is a car like that for a lower price so you dont have high payments. Buuuuut I guess that works out. My apologies for freaking the fuck out.

>220,000 miles
> 2002
What's wrong with it

>depends on the car
>cockbreath
>/o/
Every car has had a different life and different issues. /o/ wan't just to be a cunt, they have shit you can read to help you.

> i think my riced out civic constitutes a sports car
the post

Going to look at it Wednesday. Supposedly nothing. But I was asking in a general sense, if Celica's usually show problems at that mileage.

,000 miles

It's cool.

Yeah, I looked at used copies... while they are cheaper, they're all 2013's for like 18/19k out the door in my area with 10-30k miles. The extra 4 grand seems about right for a brand new one, and I'm thinking the 2k16 will hold a higher value longer. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but it seems pretty solid price wise.

literally a partnership to make a entry level spec sports car.
>I don't like it so no its not
the post

dude 97% of cars show problems at that mileage

Alright, thanks bro. I thought you were just trying to be an asshole.

shove that horizontally opposed boxer motor up your ass

Buy what you want. I've owned an FRS since it came out, got a 2015 now. It's about a 6 and a half second car from 0-60, which for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder is great.

The car isn't about straight line speed anyway. It was designed for balance and fun. The car is more easy to handle going sideways then most cars are in a straight line. If you like having fun drifting around corners and screwing around and doing donuts and shit the car will blow your mind. Even sitting inside the car is just a completely different experience then most cars will give you, almost feels like a cockpit. The steering is spot on as well.

Some things to consider though would be, the 2017 has a very slight HP and torque increase and completely removed the torque dip (If buying the MT transmission) also it's badged as a Toyota.

The styling though is better in the 13-16 models because it doesn't have the retarded plastic dip. The MT is also faster in 0-60, slower in top speed. AT better for track use (though people would argue against this to death) car is geared taller in AT but if you change the final drive and turbo it it's superior + has insanely responsive paddle shifts and all of that. I've owned 3 of the cars, 2 in AT one in MT, I perfer the MT overall but shifting can get old so consider both transmissions (many people don't due to the differences) I can tell you the AT in the car is great though, especially if you plan to mod. MT is just more fun for this kind of car all around though if you can shift faster.

As for price 23.5k (if you can jew them down more) for Canadian price isn't bad. USD it's a bit high. Also consider getting studded winter tires for winter driving if you plan to drive it in the winter otherwise you aint going anywhere. I winter drive the car and it does great with studded tires.

All in all it's a much more fun and down to earth more balanced sports car then you would find in the camaro or mustang.

Yeah I know, but that's what my budget consists of unfortunately. Toyota's are generally known for lasting longer than 200,000 so I was just trying to justify my gamble on it with more information on the specific model.

Serious question, not trying to be a dick -

Why do people buy cars with 200,000+ miles? I had a friend back in college that would pay like 5k+ for a new car with 200k+ miles and have to replace the damn thing every year or two and he just kept doing that cycle. He'd always buy some old ass piece of shit, not even a special car like a sports car or something.

I mean you can get a decent 30-40k mile used car for like the same price. Whats the appeal to the high mieage?

I speak from experience, bought a 240sx with 205,000 miles next thing I know timing assembly issues and the clutch just died, replaced the entire timing chain assembly and have yet to do the clutch.....don't do it

brz pros
-large liftback for cargo
-comes in manual
-RWD
-lightweight

cons
-holds poor value
-2door (not versitle for carpool)
-200 hp but 150 lbsft torque
-cheap insides
-cramped backseat
-won't be fast unless you are willing to drop thousands of dollars into mods

When I was looking to get a car, it was between the tc and the frs. I chose the tc because it was roomier, had decent torque, and the large liftback. I felt it would be better as a daily driver. After a year of driving it, I traded it in for a wrx sti. The only thing I miss about the tc is the sound and the liftback, otherwise, I'm pretty happy about my decision.

My recommendation, think about what is most important to you (cargo, fuel economy, carpool, etc...) and go with that.

If you want a sporty coupe, you could go genesis 2.0t. It has better suspension and turbo than the brz for only a few thousand dollars more.

>stop liking what I don't like

id only use the FRS/BRZ as a project car. unless you plan on doing stuff with it, get a more efficient car.

if you'd stop liking gay shit we wouldnt be arguing right now

I'm not purposely looking for a car with high miles, it's just that decent cars in my area usually have high miles in my budget range. Like I'm all for lower miles, but cars that usually are known for being dependable are used to fuck for that reason. I'm looking for a car to get me through school, so high miles doesn't really bother me if other Celica owners say that the car is dependable at that mileage.

OP here

It's a MT which I wanted. I tested both MT and AT. The MT felt better to me, but I agree the AT wasn't bad at all.

I also looked at the '17, but the lowest price I could find was like 27k, just too much for me. Also, I don't really like the front bumper compared to the 13-16. Admittedly it looks a lot better in person tho. Pics online make it look retarded. It's only slightly retarded in person.

23.5 was the lowest they can offer me. I've jewed with them for like 2-3 weeks now, it's the bottom of the barrel price. That's out the door, with tags, title, tax, etc. I live near a big city (not in it) and taxes are high.

So the price before tax/title/etc is more like 21k.

>oh shit.. I have nothing to say except that I don't like it because.. I don't like it.
>say the word 'Gay' that'll get him.
>Gay
>yea.. that showed him, I'm the master of trolling

Secondly, to add to this (same poster)

Consider the Camaro V6 RS. It's a hidden gem right now for the price and a really fun engine that revs above 7k RPM and goes 0-60 a second faster than the FRS does (around 5.2 to 5.4 seconds) faster than the V8's did from about 8 years ago.

You will get shit on SO hard for getting the V6 from people but the redesign they did with the engine and transmission for V6 has changed the entire car. It's less front heavy then the V8 and more balanced all around and like 12,000$ cheaper on average + you can get all the options, a V8 with the same options would run you like 15,000$ more.

If the dealership tries to jew you into the 4 cylinder turbo tell them to get fucked. The V6 RS 2016 (make sure it's 2016+ because the old V6's suck) is a fucking diamond that nobody knows about or talks about. The car feels a lot like the FRS but is much faster in a straight line and on the track + almost as balanced and the engine is fun to rev up over 7,000 RPM.

Just letting you know. If I could refinance right now and get a new car I'd probably consider the new V6 RS camaro's they are great. People can talk shit about it all they want, that car is fast enough, better on fuel, better balanced, better bang for your buck then the new V8's are. Chev fucked up big time with their V8 price point. The SS is the superior car but not worth paying 15,000$ more for the same options.

V6 2016 RS camaro check it out and look at some of the youtube reviews.

When I searched, I checked out:

Gen coupe, BRZ/FRS, Veloster Turbo, WRX, and a bunch of "regular" cars, sedans, etc.

The WRX seemed killer on the gas mileage, so I weeded that out. Gen coupe seemed similar (I looked at 3.8). I actually liked the Veloster Turbo a lot... haters gonna hate, but it was fun as fuck to drive.

The FRS was my favorite of the bunch though. Definitely slower than some of the above, but it was the most fun and most responsive. I do wish for a little more cargo space, but that's the sacrifice you make I suppose.

I used to have a 2000 protege. Go with a used 3 series. It gets the job done

If you already have a vehicle to go fast (motorcycle) then why not purchase a utility vehicle like a standard 4door sedan or suv? either would be a better daily driver anyway. I dont understand. Do you want a car just to have a car? If so, then get the dang frs/brz

Isn't the camaro like 28k+ in comparison?

you didnt give a reason for anyone to show intrest in a frs/brz
> n/a 4 cylinder
> 2 liter
> weighs 2500 plus
> 200ish hp
yeah you really sold me on one

You can get a decent mileage 2001-2004 Corvette Z06 for that price. Better all around car than the FRS/BRZ.

Its decent, but also take a look at the Genesis Coupe or even a WRX

Well as an FRS owner since 2013, go for it buddy. Fuck it and YOLO. The price point is fine. The car is great - honestly one of the few sports cars out there that still has a soul to it. You will get shit on all the time for the 6.3 second 0-60 time or whatever the fuck, but it wont feel slow to you when you are driving it and really about 6 and a half seconds is still faster than 90% of vehicles on the road. It's just a really fun car to play around with and drive and even daily drive it's fun. There are some downsides, it's not exactly that practical in winter (but no sports car really is) but I winter drive just fine.

I can tell you no other car I have driven in the sub 100k price range has the same steering feel and fun that the FRS/BRZ/86 has. People can shit on the car all day, but actually owning the car and driving it are two different things. The car has a soul to it, it's a car that is just fun to drive.

For colors get Halo or the blue. I've owned Firestorm, The blue (Cant remember the official name) and Halo. Out of all of them Halo looks the best but blue is great with black rims. The other colors make the car look less premium.

Also back in 2013 the car used to get a lot more looks. Now days there are a lot more of them on the road so don't expect people to go too crazy about you driving one. People who say it's a slow car and knock it off know nobody about the car. It's a very capable and fun track car that will replicate the experience some of the 100,000$+ cars will give you for a very cheap price.

If you're looking for a car that is tail happy and fun to drive and gives you a great experience go for it, you wont regret it. The car is also sexy as fuck too, more so in person. The styling (post 2017) I agree looks better, the new front lip they have added is retarded.

because I wouldn't want one. It's not my job to sell it to you but you can't just straight out say it's not what it is.

To be fair I may sell my bike. Although it's fun to go fast it's also dangerous as shit where I live, and now that I'm getting older and care more about my family/girlfriend/etc I kinda worry too much about dying on the thing.

I've considered some of the sedans,suv's, etc. I drove some too. This might sound kind of immature even, but spending 20k+ on a car that bores me when I drive it feels pretty uninspiring

Genesis coup is shit, ugly styling and Hyundai is garbage. WRX is good to look at though, if you want a 4 door.

FRS/BRZ/86 have the market down though when it comes down to cheap, RWD, 2 door, balanced sports car. I can't think of any other car that does it except for the Miata, but the Miata is not a young mans car like the FRS is.

You will know if the BRZ, FRS, 86 is for you when you go to sit down in it and test drive. The car will either speak to you or not speak to you. If you like the cockpit jet engine and balanced feel to the car and if doing donuts and drifting around and shit is fun to you, get the car. If you want to drag race at stop lights though and go fast in a straight line don't bother.

nice dubs

did you test drive the gen coupe/wrx? On paper, theyre poor on gas, but it really depends on how you drive. I got 30 mpg on my sti once and 27 mpg a couple other times, which is not that bad.

If you like the frs, get the frs. however, its important to do your research. don't be like me and regret getting a tc (although I got it primarily for building credit) only to upgrade later. Figure out what you like, go for it, and dont look back.

23k is pretty dam good though

Thanks for the input. The car is in Halo just by chance, which was the color I wanted anyway. That, Firestorm, or Black. But the white is great.

I figure it's a good deal. There was another 2015 used Halo FRS for 21k with 12k miles on it. So if I'm getting out the door with a brand new '16 for the same price essentially it's probably a good deal. End of the year and all.

For what it's worth, I enjoy my 2015 golf GTI. It probably isn't as fun to drive as a BRZ/FRS but it's more practical if you're needing that.

I didn't get a chance to test drive the Gen or the WRX. Both new were above my price range, and seemed worse (on paper) mileage wise as you said.

27-30mpg is doable for me. Fuck, any newer car will be better. My rust bucket is getting like 22-25 right now.

I like Hyundai as a brand (haters gonna hate, but my fam has had amazing experience with them. 300k+ miles on each car, still going strong) but the styling of the Gen coupe just isn't there compared to something like the FRS/WRX in my opinion.

Yeah plus the 16's have a nicer stereo unit in the car and a back up camera (if you need it) it's nice to have in this car though because seeing out the back while backing up can be kind of a bitch at times (especially in the winter)

Halo is the best color, easiest to clean and all of that as well. I'd go for it and buy if I were you. The only downside right now is the scion badges because scion is dead, but it might make the car look a bit more unique on the road in years to come but I don't know. Like I said, I like the styling on the 13's-16's better anyway. It's the torque dip that kind of sucks at times but you can pretty much get rid of it with a tune if you want to down the line.

So you need a car fast enough to replace a bike, versatile enough be a daily, and fun enough to go to the track, safe enough for a family, and efficient enough on gas...

4door infiniti g37?

Correct minus the family. Any car will be about 1000x safer in this area than riding a sport bike, so I don't really worry about cars. Shit my car is probably less safe now than any newer car.

With that said, I did look into the g37. No denying those are some nice cars, but around here it's like 24k for a 2013 with 40k miles.

fuck dude, just get the damn frs/brz then. Everything else is above your price range anyway cept maybe the gen coupe 2t.

If you want a sports car for around that money, you'd be better off spending it on either an S2000, or a C5.

The BRZ is great for your first RWD car, but the S2000 has a much better chassis and suspension, and the C5 has torque for days. Plus they've already lost most of the value that they will lose.