I Married a Witch
Charade
Here Comes Mr. Jordan
Stagecoach
My Darling Clementine
Mulholland Dr
To Be or Not to Be

Fresh from B&N

Amazon Prime sale is in a week and will probably be cheaper.

how do you have that information?

Just a guess, since their normal prices for CC movies are cheaper then B&N's normal prices. Don't know if they'll be on sale or not.

here's my collection. I picked up Paris Belongs to Us today and ordered City Lights, The Complete Works of Jean Vigo, La Chienne, and In a Lonely Place off the site.

I also know from experience that amazon will usually lower the prices on criterion movies a bit lower than the B&N sale, when its happening.

If they are not that cheap on amazon at the moment, it could be they are waiting until the prime sale on the 12th.

Do you think the Dekalog will get discounted? Most of the big preorders are 50% off but the Dekalog isn't.

Good taste
>Tin Drum
get better taste

just bought "Days of Heaven" and "A Man Escaped"

>Carl Theodor Dryer collection and Bergman Trilogy are DVD only

Last year's prime day was a bummer. Over hyped to sell subscriptions

Can't post a picture, so I'll list.

>Blue is the Warmest Color
>Gomorrah
>Phoenix
>In the Mood for Love
>The Friends of Eddie Coyle
>Days of Heaven
>The Last Emperor
>Paris, Texas
>Traffic
>Rosemary's Baby
>The 400 Blows
>Mulholland Drive
>A Hard Day's Night
>Moonrise Kingdom
>On the Waterfront
>Y Tu Mama Tambien

R8 me lads.

Is that even out yet?

Picked up 2 DVDs

Early Summer
Samurai Rebellion

Will probably pick up McCabe and Mrs Miller and chimes at midnight during the November sale.

>Tin Drum
What's wrong with it?

It's not my taste. Honestly, you have a weird collection. A lot of Japanese titles and then inexplicable selections like Odd Man Out and...Bitter Rice(???) I don't know if these movies just made an impression on you or if they were new releases so you grabbed them. I find owning Bitter Rice to be bizarre. That being said you have some good movies there.

We could argue for awhile about whether The Tin Drum is good or bad. But sometimes you just 'know' without intellectualizing. That sounds like a copout but it's the same with Y Tu Mama Tambien. Not poorly made movies but I see no value in them. The Tin Drum's only impressionable scene is the horse head catching eels.

I want to go pick up House and Harold & Maude, but I only have 10 dollars to my name.
There's a lot of movies for sale that I want to see (Repo Man, The Seventh Seal, Brazil, The Fisher King, Black Orpheus, The Red Shoes, The Third Man, Straw Dogs, etc) but it'd be foolish to spend 19.99 on movies I might not like.

What day does the sale end?
This comes out on August 6th

Only have Ikiru, but I have a fucking job now, hitting up B&N and Newbury to blow it all on Blu Rays and comics.

Pretty excited.

Sale ends August 1st.

Goddammit

I started getting into film with Japanese movies, that's why you see a lot of them. I haven't watched many Japanese movies in the last year though. Out of around 200 watched this year, maybe 10 were Japanese. And a lot of my collection are blind buys that I purchased because I read about them and wanted to check them out. The only movie in my collection I regret buying is Jellyfish Eyes. And as for Odd Man Out, Carol Reed is one of my favorite directors.

Bitter Rice is classy fap material

You can preorder for the sale price

Those fucking digits.

What's wrong with Bitter Rice?

Wait really?
Also excellent get my friend

You know I speak the truth then

>They haven't done a Jason and the Argonauts release

Huh, anything similar from them?

Yeah, I worked there for a few years and that was always a good way to get big sales

Odd Man Out is a good movie. Never seen Jellyfish Eyes.
Nothing is wrong with it. But it isn't really essential neorealism and it isn't particularly groundbreaking except as a risque picture for the time. Kind of just a middle of the road movie as far as artistry and influence.
true

If I remember right (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Prime Sale was only specific things, not a sale on everything

That's right, and it sucked ass.

WOW

Going by these "early deals" for prime members that started today it doesn't seem like it will be any better.

i'm such a patrician... ozu... kieslowski.. i could go on. luv criterion. i luv em.

Fag