Sup Forums

Sup Forums

Why have we made life so fucking shit for ourselves?

Everything's just so difficult and punishing. I wake up at 7am, shower, have breakfast, wake the kids up at 7:30am, make their breakfast and lunch and set off to work at 8am. I start work at 9am and don't finish until 6pm, then it's an hour's drive home. I usually go to sleep around 11pm.

So that means I get 4 hours and 30 minutes a day with my family. I work Saturdays and the kids do horse riding and dance classes on Sunday so the weekends aren't much better.

It's not fair that I must dedicate 3x the amount of time to work as I do my family. It's not fair that my kids must spend 8 hours of their life in school having bullshit shoved down their throat in the name of 'preparing them for work'.

My eldest is 13. She goes to school for 8 hours, then comes home and is forced to spend at least an hour on homework. Last week she failed to complete an assignment (a 100 question maths practice paper) in one evening and was given 2 hours of detention. I called the school and explained that the reason she had not completed the paper is that she'd been at it for 2 hours and was so frustrated she was nearly in tears so I stopped her and took her and the family to Nando's. The principal's response was to tell me I should be putting her education above her mental wellbeing. What do they want from her? Is the last 20 questions of a maths paper really worth bringing a kid to tears?

Why have we created a climate where so much is expected of us for so little? I mean, I'm on £35000 a year which isn't a bad wage, but it hardly affords me a life of luxury. I drive a 2008 318D and live in a 3 bed semi. Why is so much expected for such a mediocre reward? f I was living in Beverley Hills and my only struggle was deciding whether I should take the Ferrari or the Aston to work today, I'd understand the 50 hour weeks. But 50 hour weeks just to live an average life?

My head's near exploding. Halp.

Dammit I picked that image because I thought the Christmas hat would line up with his head...

Also TL;DR we work too long for too little and it's making me want to an hero right now

Working man struggles. I feel you OP but imagine being a lab rat depending on the government and tax payers for hand outs. Fuck that. Start saving, start investing. It'll pay off

Your costs of living are too high. Your earnings are too low. I don't know how many kids you have but it's that many too many for a $35,000 a year job. That's a salary for a Starbucks employee.

I can give you financial advice but truth is you won't listen to any of it, and will continue to get bitter about life until you die.

Hahahaha, funny, because that's exactly my life. Been on 1/2 minimum wage for 4 years. Turning 30 in a few weeks. Absolutely hate the farce science has become and will not continue to perpetuate modern slavery. Feels great.

Well when you start you try and invest in good shit like houses and gold so money works for you and not you work for money. Fuck that fucking principal he should have his junk chopped off. A persons mental state is more important. Yes the world has put humans in a fucked up routine where you are a number on a page if you work in a big company. And get no time with family "selfishness power and greed" these are the things that keep you away from your family. It is good to push a child but not to the point where it effects the person mentally

We try to save where we can, but it's hard, everything costs so much.

2 kids. It's £35000 not $35000. In the UK that's a decent middle management wage, Starbucks would pay you £15000.

Plus, not like I can shove the kids back up my wife's cunt, is it? We can all sit in retrospect and say 'you should have waited' etc, but the fact is, we didn't. And we shouldn't have to.

Start with a 10 strip of LSD.

Then change your life.

I did this. I then went to school and became a Massage Therapist in Ontario. I moved to the country and work in a town where I charge $85 an hour for easy work. I work part time and make over $100k a year. Life on easy mode.

You just suck as a provider and as a father.

My husband and I have three kids. I have a child from a previous girlfriend who died in a car wreck. We've since adopted two children.

He runs a blacksmithing company that does very well with four employees that operates in a workshop on our property. I help run the office side of the company and grow a huge garden and tend to the animals that provide us about 80% of our food needs.

We worked our asses off to get where we're at and it wasnt no 40 hours a week bullshit. When I met my girlfriend I was working 80 hour weeks to get the money to afford my own property out in the country. And my husband spent years building his company up to what it is.

You're a lazy piece of shit. Your kids are lazy pieces of shit. And you're a fucking dumbass

Exactly how would you go about 'investing' in anything though? Arn't investments leaps of faith/risks to begin with?

>kids
dun goofed

Starbucks pays £7.22 an hour.
You say you are working 9-6 or 9 hours. That's £65 a day. That's around £22k a year. So yes you're making about £10,000 a year more than someone working as a barista 11 months a year.

For that extra 10k you have to have an education, and probably commute. You tell me if it's worth it. I'm telling you that unless your wife works, you're kids will make someone working at Starbucks a lot wealthier than you. Your kids are the problem. Make them work in the mines or push them down the stairs. It's your only way out. hah.

But seriously, unless the misses works you're stuffed.

Reveal mammary glands or kindly exit the establishment

He's gay. All blacksmiths are gay. No one tries that hard to be manly unless the love sucking dick.

And you failed reading comprehension.

Missus wipes old arse for minimum wage at a care home.

To be fair, I'm just worried about the world they've been brought into. Sucks seeing the beauty and innocence of a child slowly disappear as they realise life's just trying to shaft them. I feel bad that they will inevitably end up as pissed off and jaded as me.

His talking about euro not usd

Investing in gold or houses the onlu way you can lose gold is if you throw it in a sewer. And losing a home is a fire. That is where insurance comes in. Gold you wait for the market to climb and sell it. A home each month you get an X amount of cash in by renting it out

You're being a little harsh.

I'd say Barry and Chantelle down the road who claim dole and pop kids out at a rate unknown to civilised man suck at providing. I pay for their snotty little future bike thieves more than they do.

I at least work and pay my taxes.

Oh, and I'm a damn good father and my kids are both about as far from being lazy as it's possible to get.

we need to break the oppressive chains of society man

You help run the office? Youre nothing more theba clingy wife who gardens a bit; get a job you lazy whore and if you think his kids are lazy then I honestly feel bad for your kids

Because we are not living for the present, we are living for the future. Why do you go to school? To get into a good college. Why do you go to college? To get a good job. Why do you need a good job? To support yourself and/or your family. Why do you support them? So that your children can do the same, and so you can retire comfortably.

It all comes down to retirement. Everything you do is so that you or your family can retire comfortably. But now the question becomes: Is it worth it? Is living the final years of your life more important than being with your family? Watching them grow up? Nurturing and helping them so they can mature and to the same for their kids? And to top it all off, if you're religious, you have the added burden of getting into your preferred afterlife.

Think about it. I can't make that decision for you, I'm just some anonymous poster on a Japanese-inspired image board. You're the one with the life.

why do people have kids and then complain about not having money? I don't get that? My family had five kids and we were poor as fuck. I avoided kids like the plague and I can do whatever the fuck I want.

I am 34. Will I regret having money/time to spare but no kids to watch me die?