Cultural Affinity

The world according to Samuel P. Huntington. Is this correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Gate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

argentina and america should be brown, germany and sweden should be green

sure

>Spain
>Portugal
>Italy
>Poland
>Czech Republic
>Slovakia
>Philippines
>Croatia
>Estonia
>Latvia
>Lithuania
>Finland
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""Western"""""""""""""""

pls be joking

Although Singapore probably suits sinic or western better, and why are phillipines and PNG western?

And religion doesn't definitively decide cultural values

>new zealand
>western
what a retard

t. Xiao Yang

>why are phillipines

America.

t. nigel hemingsworthington

>Japan
>Japanese
What a useful map

>nip
>not east asia (what is sinic? it's shit name)

Does anyone believe this autism map?
Traditional culture of japan is copy of korea and china :)

>Papua New Guinea
>Philippines
>Western

>+80% european Uruguay and Argentina get bundled up with some injuns

>Traditional culture of japan is copy of korea and china.
>china
Ok, I agreed it.
>korea
Lmao .

this

"Islamic" doesn't do justice for places like Central Asia, Kazakhstan is probably closer to Russia than Arabs

>Traditional culture of japan is copy of korea and china :)
I agree, but the map is a meme graph thats been discredited

yeah I think PNG should be "no data available"
lmao
I guess
it might be worth noting that there's a large-scale Christian vs Muslim conflict happening in Africa, the brown vs the green.
North vs South Sudan is a perfect example, also Nigeria is very divided.

This is correct

>baltshits
>poland
>hungary
>slovakia
>croatia
>philippines
>papua new guinea
>""""""""""""""western""""""""""""""

ayyy lmao

>hurr japan please belong to """""east asia""""""

lmao, just because they share some ancient stuff doesn't mean they belong to the same sphere. this is evident from the fact that greece and italy are separated on the map despite their shared origin. korea had long been part of china until japan liberated it in the 19th century, so it's safe to say they are the same thing and belong to the sino-sphere (in fact korea had been proud of being "little china"), but japan doesn't. this is why chinks and gooks can't fathom the japanese values and are eternally butthurt over that.

The main reason why Huntington classified Japanese civilization separately is that it was early 90's when he wrote the book. It was the peak of Japanese economy and cultural power. Western people thought Japan was unique rising sun of asia at that time. I doubt that Huntington would write the same way now.

t.jap

everyone should be blue but broken down into different levels t b h

>korea had long been part of china until japan liberated it in the 19th century,
>japan
>liberated
>this is that japs actually believe
kek

No.

Latin America has many different cultures, it's stupid to call the entirety of it
>latin american culture

please don't provoke the japs into creating a yet another war crime denail thread

did you not know that gooks even built the independence gate to celebrate liberation from china?

>"Thanks to the will of the God, Korea, after many suns (years) of serving as a vassal state of the Qing Dynasty, has become a fully independent nation. Now, the monarch of Korea is on equal footing with the world's leaders, and the Korean people are free. Because of the significance of this auspicious event, this symbol will serve as a reminder to the world and to future generations of Koreans of Korea's everlasting independence as well as be a place where the Korean public can exercise and enjoy the fresh air, quiet, and scenery."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Gate

I'm pretty sure it's a map of cultural and religious regions, which would include ancient stuff. The reason Greece and Italy are different is because of the orthodox-catholic split and the fact that despite ancient origins they are fundamentally different basically since the fall of the western roman empire.

>Philippines
>Western
>Latin American?
>Japanese?
What?

I'd say Kazakhstan should be in the same category as russia whatever it is

You brain-damaged progressive. Did your liberal college professor teach you that?

That creates more questions than it does answers.

>Turkey
>Orthodox

What the fuck is that?

>Argentina
>Uruguay
>Latin America

I mean we are definitely Latin American, but (I think I can also speak for our Uruguayan friendos) we would definitely identify as Western rather than Latin American.

It's shit.

>TURKS
>ORTODOX
>KAZAHS
>ISLAMIC
>no communism
Shitty naive stupid map

>it might be worth noting that there's a large-scale Christian vs Muslim conflict happening in Africa,

No there isn't. Only in CAR.

I don't understand, are you paying him out for being Anglo?

>religious regions,
then japan should definitely have its own color, as its own shinto is essential part of culture.

>they are fundamentally different basically since the fall of the western roman empire.
the same goes for japan. japan and china have been fundamentally different since japan came to have its own emperor, which amounts to throwing middle finger to sino-sphere. korea for example has never had its own emperor, because they've firmly believed that the emperor of china is the only legitimate ruler of the world due to their super ingrained sino-centric values. and the sentiment still continues, so they are the only people in the world who call emperor of japan as king of japan today. their loyalty to sino-emperors indeed makes korea sino-sphere, which japan denied.

The south east asians are in no way similar to arabs.
Even if they are muslim, they are still vastly different.

>only Ethiopia is actually brown
>rest of Sub-Saharan Africa is actually dark redder hue

Mudslamic

>pic's sentence is written in crazy Japanese.

>Japanese
>not Sinic
ayy