What are your thoughts on Australian politics?

What are your thoughts on Australian politics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DpqDbkqHya4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This but with Labor being the lesser of 2 evils to an extent.

I have none

Shit, but one of the least shit in the world

Turnbull is a fucking terrible leader though. I'd even say he's worse than Rudd. Based fucking Julie should have replaced Abbott.

youtube.com/watch?v=DpqDbkqHya4
the new iron woman

>but with Labor being the lesser of 2 evils to an extent
K E K
E
K

Labor's policy has literally been whatever grabs them easy votes since Latham. Rudd got voted in on a platform of being a new face with more or less the same policies as Howard. Gillard didn't even get properly voted in with her entire platform being a Big Strong Womyn. Shorten is a fucking worm that completely inverts his economic policies with every month that passes and tried to meme votes by pulling major policy changes out of nowhere literally days before the election

Say what you will about Turnbull and the social policies of the little l's and the Bernardis in the Liberal party, but they came to the election with a sound economic, social and foreign policy platform completely devoid of vote grabbing gimmicks.

>sound economic, social and foreign policy
ignore social there, I didn't mean to include that

Hanson's a far right wing nutjob, Turnbull's a neo-liberal cuck, Shorton's a virtue signaler. WA's going into a recession, Our government is fucking over our workers, by selling our state owned property to China. I'm more in favor of the pirate party desu.

>sound economic policy
>western australia is already going into a recession

Not saying Labor's any better, but come on man.

we need to be annexed by someone
i don't care who

constant cycle of internal conflict within the majority party, retarded half thought out projects that get butchered to hell by the next administration, and childish shit flinging and name calling in parliament

I think handing out fines if people don't vote is bad policy because it encourages the lower class scum of society to vote, which is the biggest danger to democracy.

Abbott was a true blue Australian, but the guy who's in charge right now is a commie.

are you fucking thick?

Western Australias economy is fuelled by mining and operates on a far more volatile boom/bust cycle than the rest of the country. When the industry is booming it produces far more money than any other state, when it busts the state plummets. This has been true since federation.

Commodity prices started dropping and the mining capital boom ended and the WA economy tanked just like it was always going to. No feasible amount of federal intervention could have stopped that. It's already bottoming out in several areas, however, and it will recover within five years, just like it always does.

no one really liked Abbott except for his policy on boats

didn't your people unironically elect a green's member for president?

>Turnbull
>a commie
>a guy who wants to privatise various institutions such as education.

user...

>When it busts the state plummets

Problem with this, is that it shouldn't have to plummet. Last thing I think anyone wants is mass unemployment.

>it will recover within 5 years

I'm hoping so. Poverty is a fucking mess. Not trying to belittle you, but you can understand if I'm skeptical.

This. Tony was a pommy cuck. Hell of a meme though.

> it shouldn't have to plummet
it should and it will. The highs are more than enough to make up for the lows. For example, it was the mining industry in WA that kept Australia chugging along while the rest of the world shrunk during the GFC.

I'm not too sure if mass unemployment and recessions are really something to look forward to. Again, poverty can fuck with you. It can increase crime, fuck with homes and education.

Personally, I'd rather not deal with all of that. That's just me.

Mass unemployment and recessions in Australia are nothing like what you get in the rest of the world. There hasn't been widespread economic hardship in Australia since the second world war.

To that we can agree.

/ourgirl/

do u know what the word "sound" means in the context you're trying to use it in?

I imagine you have your own parties for abbos and emus?

>in good condition; not damaged, injured, or diseased
>based on valid reason or good judgement

OY MR. PROIME MINISTAH

ANDY