Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo...

Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/51rxD08wRObzoywqcO06dw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uh no one liked the new Robocop remake

Insecure white males don't mind seeing other males. But they can't talk to women so when they see women on film they become intimidated because they feel like their masculinity is being challenged.

The funny thing is that Ghostbusters remake actually does this.

The only reason you know about the hate for Ghostbusters is because Sony blew it up into a bullshit SJW meme to hype their shitty remake.

I liked the new Robocop. There, I said it.

But the new Total Recall adaptation(crucial part) was actually good, while absolutely nobody liked the new Robocop except for the scene where they take away the robot parts.

>Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

They were there, we just weren't called "sexist" for thinking that they were shit, so it wasn't newsworthy

People shit all over both of those and they still do.

Meanwhile neither of those movies were set up as the premier girl power movie of all time.

people were very upset about the new robocop

how the fuck did you miss that?

Honestly the movie would be a trillion times better without hamfisted political commentary by Samuel Jackson

>But the new Total Recall adaptation(crucial part) was actually good,

It had the best CGI I've ever seen in a movie

What social justice movement was being pushed by the Robocop and Total Recall remakes again?

Oh that's right, none. Ghost busters is a vehicle that is sexist (towards both sexes) and racists (towards all races) that tries to cram the "Women can do everything that men can do better" message, why showing bumbling idiots accidentally doing a good job.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/51rxD08wRObzoywqcO06dw/

>posts the same thread literally every day

People weren't as tired of remakes then as they were now. Opposition to remakes has been steadily increasing. Plus, Ghostbusters was always the bigger property out of the three. People are passionate about this franchise. Sony and Feig have not only degraded it, they've accused anyone who disagreed with their interpretation of the material to be assholes and woman-hating babies. That why it gets the hate.

Doesn't seem that hamfisted. I also enjoyed his character.

>where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

a little website called 4cahn

Everybody here was in a uproar over Robocop's suit being black and the more serious tone to the movie.

tfw you are hollywood's target demographic.

>4cahn
CAAAAAAHN!

>Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo,
The filmmakers created the hullabaloo to hype the movie, otherwise it has nothing going for it in the first place.

Robocop was just fucking bland. It introduces the drone question but never really takes a stand on it, we have a weird flip flop with Murphy's humanity, a weak villain which is surprising for Keaton, and some things that plain dont make sense within the plot. I guess the reason why it doesnt get as much shit is because despite all its fuckery, it never flat out insults the original I suppose. Some of the easter eggs/nods were a bit forced but thats about it.

The robocop remake clearly attempted to capture the social commentary of the original with the fearmongering nationalism of jackson's media and the world policing/paramilitary police elements. But it also clearly got interfered with by execs along the way and the intelligence got trampled and sidelined. Similar to what happened with end of watch trying to hint at the PTSD behind their cameraderie.

Why are well made remakes or reboots so rare? Sequel/Netflix series never ;_;

>OP makes this thread every day
>people still post to it

are there that many people who only come here once a week or something

So in the Robocop remake they choose Murphy because public opinion still wants a man pulling the trigger and making decisions, they even go as far as to give him his original hand. But thats all thrown out the window when Murphy gets the upgrade that makes him think hes making choices but in reality its the drone program doing it for the sake of efficiency. This is never brought up again. Also the child actor sucked. Honestly they should have dropped the family entirely like the original

I thought the sequel got greenlit