Why is weed considered acceptable now?

Why is weed considered acceptable now?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.vice.com/article/ungass-portugal-what-happened-after-decriminalization-drugs-weed-to-heroin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cause faggots have nothing else better to do.

Because finally states are using their authority, everything should be decided at a state level , that way like minded people can live in the areas which they agree .

because communists are dying and nerds are getting bored.

>I think a plant is bad because I am a huge retard

Go work at the DEA you satist fuck.

Like being gay, trans, butch lesbian, feminist, ethnic, black, etc, weed has become a trend; therefore, trendyfags do it.

People don't believe the lies anymore.

Well people have smarten up enough to realize the lies sold to them many years ago were actually lies.

Weed was acceptable for thousands of years. A better question would be why was it suddenly unacceptable. The reason, too many industry monopolies did not want to compete with it. example, the liquor industry.

you know heroin comes from a plant right you fucking autist

Because IQs have been increasing worldwide for decades and although many people are still mind-bogglingly stupid enough are shrewd enough to realize that there is no argument for keeping weed illegal and stigmatized.

States don't have rights, people have rights. But in the short run any avenue that brings about progress is preferably to nothing.

drinking is a trend, trendyfags do it
nigger i drink because it feels good
I smoke because it feels good

Because it's a pretty good high especially v. the cost. Plus with it being low threshold and having no real consequences to it it's just a great casual indulgence.
I'm also not sure where you punks get the idea this is anything new.
I guess this is what you do. Feel spiteful about missing out socially and translate it into some pretentious faux political doctrine.

These are all true.

My thoughts: if faggot pot heads can get weed legalized, all drugs should be legalized. It's our inherent fucking right to do what we want – unless we break a law. Besides, countries that have legalized all drugs have better rehabilitation rates.

I want opium legalized.

so does cocaine. the whole, "it's natural" argument sounds fucking stupid. THC however seems harmless enough.

>I guess this is what you do. Feel spiteful about missing out socially and translate it into some pretentious faux political doctrine.

Nail on the head, the amount of authoritarian manchildren on this website is just sad. They hate themselves and are terrified of freedom, they just want to be told who they are and whats expected of them and to tar and feather anyone who doesn't conform.

>I

You're speaking for yourself, retard. Of course some people do it because they actually like the effects, while others do it because it's trendy. It lets them feel like they belong. It's start and carries a conversation. It connects hipster beta max stinky men with retarded girls.

so with that logic tobacco isn't bad?

There are no "laissez-fait" countries towards harddrugs like heroin, unless you discount genuine anarchies like half of Somalia or wartime Afghanistan where there's at least no de facto consequences.
It's not crazy to investigate the substance. Heroin was banned previously after it was produced industrially for the recreational market for 20 years, and it wrecked the shit out of society.

>discount
*count

Yeah but I smoked weed for 5 years (just weed, no cigarettes, no other drugs at all) and I was coughing up black shit when I stopped. Any kind of smoke you inhale IS BAD FOR YOU. It's just weed isn't as bad as tobacco or other drugs. Not to mention all the butane I've inhaled from not using a hemp wick. Yuck

There was only one study linking it to a decrease in IQ if used in adolescence and even that was later debunked by newer research. Its as harmless as a substance can get.
Agree with legalizing all drugs. As you say, it just works better to deal with them from a rehabilitation mindset rather than to criminalize it.

Always been acceptable

You are correct, but you understood what I meant. Convention of states rights , which are protected by the constitution , from interference from the fed

Which is why if you're gonna do it you should invest in a decent vaporizer or AT LEAST use hempwick as you say.

It's been proven that the less laws there are convicting addicts, rehabilitation rates increase. People are going to do opium-based drugs whether your nanny state ass likes it or not.

Alcohol kills more people than heroin, you fucking faggot. So lets ban that if we are going to keep opium based drugs illegal.

Well here's the thing about that, a state's rights can and has been used to circumvent the rights of people which is why I think it shouldn't be fetishized. You've got Rand Paul arguing the Civil Rights Act shouldn't have been implemented because it intrudes on "state's rights" even thought it is a law meant to protect the rights of people. State's rights was the watchword of segregation, after all.

As I say, people have rights, not states, and to forget this is dangerous to freedom.

Well I don't think they want to be told what to do, I think they want to tell others what to do. Most of all to satisfy this ambiguous grudge at the world in general.

Didn't Portugal legalize all drugs? Not 100% certain about that but I thought I remembered hearing pretty much everything was legal over there.

You sound like a pussy.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs and as a case study has shown very positive signs of reducing addiction rates and ODs. Drug laws are bullshit no matter which way you look at them, morally, logically, they just don't make sense.

Enjoy your tar lungs

There's a huge difference between growing a plant and smoking it, versus growing a plant and processing the shit out of it into a completely different thing, that gets less and less pure before finally being used. Now smoking opium, chewing coca leaves? Have at it.

However adoption rates do change.
Marijuana isn't addictive. So when you retail that, it's not going to create a lot of addicts. Heroin is stupendously addictive. Most people who try won't be able to let go of it anymore.
The reason you see legal MARIJUANA working out is because when it's sold by legit stores instead of dealers looking to unload whatever the fuck their Sinaloa guy brought in this week, you take away the gateway element.
Legal retail of heroin had been tried before though, with devastating results.
You need to not bank on oversimplifications like these.

Not just alcohol but also the plastic industry since you can make plastic like materials out of hemp oil.

>Taking advice from this guy

news.vice.com/article/ungass-portugal-what-happened-after-decriminalization-drugs-weed-to-heroin

Get REKT faggot. Legalize all drugs, or none at all. Including your pot. You stinky fucking hippy.

because not everybody are pompous faggots like yourself

Nah man authoritarians mostly followers. Thats why they cling to superficial identities and worship strong leaders. They want their tribe to tell people what to do, but for them? They want to feel belonging and certainty because to be a free individual paving your own way in the world is a scary and difficult thing. These lemmings parrot the views given to them by their political tastemakers entirely, assuming they even bother to copy and paste them instead of just posting infographics they barely comprehend.

see

STFU and don't say anything else henceforth.

You can take the opium straight off of a poppy plant and it's bad for you.

Also marijuana is grown in a specific way to get the plant to bud. Not to mention the refining done to process all the waxes and oils people make today.

It's not really that bad.

Heroin is a refined byproduct of the plant, not really the plant anymore. No one injects, ingests, or smokes a poppy plant

no, tobacco is not inherently bad

I’ve heard it said we’re alone in the ether
That we’re the only intelligent creatures
So you don’t need to adjust your receivers
If they were out there they’d be texting us, hitting our beepers
Invading us on some alien Julius Caesar
Or begging “take me to your leader”
But I got a theory it’s neither
That there’s a billion brilliant alien planets at leisure
Smoking alien reefer
The evolution of the mind’s not the hunger to conquer
Or to want or to seek or to wander
Or even wonder, but to simply to be
Until we cease to be any longer

>Marijuana isn't addictive
>millions addicted to it
>know people that go batshit crazy when they can't get it
>isn't

KEK. Keep believing high times magazine and snoop dog you idiot.

>tobacco is not inherently bad

L O L

Portugal hasn't legalized anything. They've only decriminalized it. It's still being sold by the same criminals, who incidentally *are* still being prosecuted. The change for Portugal has been that addicts have been more inclined to seek help from authorities. That doesn't undo, or in fact have anything at all to do, with the previous experiment in legal heroin retail in the early 20th century, where we saw the results (tidal waves of people falling into heroin addiction and never coming back)

didn't read

A little cancer never hurt nobody

If you know someone with psych problems who's resorting to it as a coping mechanism, whatever. That's not the same as a physical addiction, and no I'm not getting that from some ganja ezine. Marijuana does not create a physical dependency. If you have a paper confirming results that dispute this, by all means link it.

decriminalize = legalize

not surprised

No dipshit. When you decriminalize something you stop pursuing it, but it is still technically illegal, so legal business cannot get in on it. Legalizing it means changing the actual laws, not police priorities. Which Portugal has not done.

>he dosent know about domestication
All harvestable flora is grown with increased yield in mind. Weve been doing it for millennia. So growing weed to get as much as you can is now a bad thing? kys you idiot neet.

So if youre not penalizing someone for doing it, that makes it LEGAL

this guy is an utter dumb ass. stop typing before you hurt your image more.

So yes, Portugal legalized possession and use of all drugs. Thank you for agreeing with us that these laws are counterproductive and should be repealed in all cases, it is the logical choice.

>he doesn't know ho to spell doesn't

Damn, you're stupid. How much weed do you smoke? Any brain cells left?

>No dipshit.

I'm not trying to imply opium is perfectly safe, but it is a hell of a lot safer than heroin. It's once you process it that you run into problems. Cocaine, heroin, meth, prescription drugs, these are the dangerous drugs, not natural substances like weed, mushrooms, peyote or unprocessed opium.

We agree, but you are much more educated on the subject, and did articulate the difference for which I concur is more important, rights as a person. We are far from that now , as for which you the article was meant for. Would you be against or for states rights, as in a continental congress?

Method comes from, a plant too

Poppy sap contains morphine and codeine, along with thebane and some other alkaloids. You probably dont want to inject anything thats not well purified but people still do.

I've personally made tea out of poppy pods, and smoked the sap. Actually the original way of consuming it was smoking the opium.

Alrighty then. Why don't you go hit up Google and find me an amphetamine wholeseller in Portugal. Should be easy since "everything's legal" now right? I'll settle for a website.

don't forget beautiful LSD!

>mushrooms

You know you're talking to someone that has depersonalization/derealization, visual snow syndrome, and severe paranoia from trying mushrooms once in my entire life.

apples must be bad because they contain cyanide. potatoes contain toxins in the skin. So according to you they must be bad

Because alcohol, the thing you can overdose on easily
And cigarettes, the leading preventable cause of cancer, are legal
But the thing that makes people mellow isn't

Because it's an amazing intoxicant that won't ruin your health

what would that specific way entail?purely for educational/hypothetical purposes

You know you're using the same defense as tobacco companies right now? You're literally trying to tell me tobacco isn't bad for you.
Please take a break from the internet.

>that won't ruin your health

With the amount of tar that cannabis has, which is way more than tobacco, you're wrong. Enjoy your decreased lung performance. While cannabis is less harmful than other drugs, it's not harmless.

BECAUSE PIC RELATED, FAGGOT

>AHA! A minor grammatical error, you sir, lose.
Shut the fuck up you mong.

>it was a spelling error, not a grammatical one

fucking retard

>He dosent know how to spell "how"

HAHAHAHA

Actually retailed various drugs for a while, aimed at online sales to the international market. Anything from psilocybin to kratom.
I was obviously aiming at the grey areas where people would otherwise have a hard time acquiring them, but from my European country it was legal to sell all of it - there's a lot of details involved but the gist of it was I kept both myself and my customers in the clear, insofar my legal liabilities extended anyway.

> hurr you smoke plant
> durr we need some overpaid piece of shit to put u in jail for it
> blughghhg prove the plant is not bad

Has someone tried calling number in op pic?

As stupid as you are, you'd be the first dealer I would rob. You wouldn't last a day in the streets of America.

TOBACCO isint, the shit thats put in there is. Do you not know how stoges work? please take a break from life.

Other than a homo, who wants to talk to a nigger?

So in other words, a faggot? No, I did not realize I was talking to a faggot.

and the ugly people losers that smell like shit try to make people that think the ugly people losers is ugly not exist the ugly way and the ugly people losers smell like poop

Well I was selling this online. But rest assured I'm cowed by your banter about "street college."

Last time I checked an apostrophe wasnt in my alphabet you fucking dick watcher.

Mommy said to go to bed but I dont want to because she is a stupid poopy head and stuff

>TOBACCO isint, the shit thats put in there is. Do you not know how stoges work? please take a break from life

the fuck did I just read. Are you on drugs right now?

I hope you're not serious. I hope you're a troll. I'm not the guy you're replying to. I smoke addictive free tobacco, and it still tears up my lungs, makes me feel like shit, and gives me skin dry, itchy skin and smoking induced eczema. Addictive free tobacco is surely less harmful than commercial tobacco with, like, 400 fucking additives. But still not harmless.

Ehh I do love LSD, but it's not exactly natural.

>people who have drug induced mental illnesses are faggots

kill yourself

SAY THAT TO MY FACE FUCKER NOT ONLINE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

I WILL SLIT YOUR THROAT FUCK. FAGGOT.

Ideally we'd all be living in highly egalitarian, self-sufficient, modular communes but we must make practical decisions in the short run. Whether or not to support states rights is a tricky one. They have been used both to advance and set back the cause of freedom, same as the federal government. I feel like they are more trouble than they are worth overall, however. Its just another layer of bullshit for regressives and parochialists to fall back behind when the tide turns against them. However they are probably not going anywhere anytime soon so working within the framework of federalism is still going to be necessary for the conceivable future.

Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come.

You've absolutely ruled out you were carrying schizophrenia in your genes or something?

Like you people have the cohesion or ego that would allow that.

The argument for its natural is the plant just makes it like that as is. Cocaine and heroin have to be processed

because....
>2016
>going a day without inhaling THC

>I
well I cant help your weak genetics huh? Since more people die a year from obesity than smoking, lets put everyone on a government diet to keep everyone healthy.

>he dosent understand how to do things in moderation.