S/fur thread

s/fur thread
So, anyone working on any cool projects over the holidays?

Projects?

No, sorry, duty calls.

Anyone here any good with 3D graphics programming?

No projects here.

Just a zootopia dump.

I was planning to replace the right front hub on my truck, but injured myself christmas morning.

Last one m8s. In off to bed. Keep your keyboards clean

I bought some magnets for my fucking machine but the surfaces are not actually magnetic so now i need to figure out some other way to connect the pieces.

There's so much normie buzzword jargon.

It would be nice if I was as technically-indoctrinated in the smartphone world as I am in the world of tanks, video cards, SSDs and monitors.

It's fucking impossible to shop for a god damn phone without running into meaningless spec sheets and irrelevant advice.

"You should buy , it is the best phone of 2016"
"Why?"
"It's really good"

"You need to buy , it has the best CPU"
"Why should I care?"
"More processing power is good"

"You have got to buy , the camera is good and it lets you use your face to sign in"
"I'm army"

Oh, I dont know. most phone specs are the same as computer specs.

you get the processor spec, ram, internal storage, screen size and resolution..

What are you having issues with?

Except I don't understand why cpu spec, ram, screen size and res matter when it's a fucking glorified calculator

My Sharp EL-509WS can do the same things as a smartphone can AFAIC, except phones can do sms and sometimes make calls.

But that's not true, they are compact portable internet devices.
You cant watch youtube videos on your calculator or play pokemon.

they really are multimedia computers, not calculators.

you can get really nice RPN calculator apps though.

I get to work on my boat for a week, fixing the paint and sails and shit, how about you op?

That doesn't answer why those specs matter.

And I also don't know why my telco gives me a tiny-ass selection of only 20 phones or so.

What is stopping me from buying whatever god damn phone I want?

On a PC I can use whatever fucking parts I want (as long as they are electronically compatible) and install any operating system I want, and use it however I want.

How come on a phone suddenly this third party decides what the fuck I can and cannot get?

I'm army

I need more info.
What and why?

I can't believe the first thing to ever compel me to post in a fur thread is curiosity about a fucking machine with magnets.

Hi army

he's a robot and is attracted to magnets

the specs matter in the same way they would matter in a pc. And you likely can use more phones they your telco sells. As long at the technology is compatible. there are different carrier frequencies and not all phones will use the what your telco uses.

Is there a way to save all images from the thread besides doing it one by one?

Holy fuck, being in that room would be absolute heaven

Her leg looks like it shrinks to nothing offscreen, I took the liberty of fixing it.

If he's attracted to magnets, but the magnets won't stick, they must just not be attracted to him.

Just use DownThemAll or equivalent.

I have a fucking machine that has interchangeable attachments, one of them is a flat surface for dildo suction cups but it is not wide enough for my larger ones. I bought some magnets and a 8" pan but the attachment is aluminum and not magnetic so I need to figure something else out.

I don't see why cpu/ram spec would matter on a device that doesn't have to run Crysis or extrapolate video from 24 to 60fps, or run Firefox with 30 extensions and 200 tabs.

Screen res matters not when I don't even find and store any material higher than 1080p, and it doesn't have to render BF3 in 4K.

Does anyone have fur gifs

Oh God yes

That makes your choice easy then.
Go for what ever looks pretty or fits your budget.

>there are different carrier frequencies and not all phones will use the what your telco uses.
What the fuck happened to industry standardisation?

How come a motherboard from 2016 can run a PCIe LAN card from 2006 but I can't use a fucking phone made in 2016 in 2016?

Hundreds yes.

You should drop some. Been trying to build that collection forever

I now have the overwhelming urge to draw up some reindeer orgy pics.

I've got a huge thing for deer girls, they're just so slender and sexy.

Saved, thank you.

Multitasking capability, really. Most phones these days come with an assload of RAM because users leave all their apps open, then due to previous models limited memory, wonder why their device has mysteriously begun to slow down

It's all about how the phone can handle background apps and processes

Industry standards are a good theory, and may eventually happen. infact they are slowly.

But, there is a small and limited amount of frequencies available for telcos to use and I believe they have to purchase access rights to use the frequencies. so for now, it's all about whatever your telco decided to buy and then buy the transmitters and receivers for.

In a simplified way It's very similar to am/fm Sure they are both radio, but an fm radio cant listen to am radio.

Scary mannequin

>Most phones these days come with an assload of RAM because users leave all their apps open
Why do I have to spend more to compensate for the idiotic practices of others?

Do most people even keep so many programs open? What the fuck are they doing on their overglorified calculator?

So phone manufacturers are putas for not supporting certain frequencies and/or protocols. Great. Another asshat maneuver in the sphone industry.

Thanks for making this unnecessarily difficult.

more memory is not necessarily only a good thing on a phone, it encourages shitty programming and consequently higher battery drain. There's a middle ground where you have enough for high resolution photo/video capture but still enforce limits and quality control on third party apps

iOS was very good in the way it restricted multitasking and automatically ejected inactive apps from memory, it's become less good over the years as feature bloat has increased

Flagship iphones usually have half the RAM of a comparable android phone but still feel snappier and more reliable because the code is (was) less garbage

I dont see what the fuss is about.
If you have no intention of using any of it's functionality just get whatever looks nice and dont bother looking at the specs.

Yes, but good luck putting a microsd card in it.

Jackass hardware designed by narrow-minded idiots.

This phone-carrier compatibility thing makes no sense.

Assume I've found a phone that I really want. Right now I'm looking at the Xperia Z5 Compact.

Can I just buy this from any random store and expect it to work with my carrier?

specs are important because it is a way to capture idiot customers that care about waving their dick in the faces of others because they have a marginally newer phone than them