Is call center an okay job???

is call center an okay job???

i've studied IT associate for 2 years and learned nothing
im now jobless for months now since graduating and i have no special skills or whatever

it's $400-500 a month should i???

No.

/thread

depends

it's bearable for couple of months if you're working as a customer service

but selling department is absolutely trash and you have to be a masochist to even start there

either way, if you do this for more than a year, it will kill your soul

If you do it I will fucking hate you. Call centers are cancer.

400-500 month? That is so little

fuck i dont know what to do with my life now

i know but im getting desperate and depressed as time goes by

Yes.
If nothing else, get it for the experience.
Something to put on a resume.
It's a start.

Used to work outsourced for Time Warner Cable California. It was shit.

Why is that your only option? Look into a completely different area. I have a degree in Computer Science and happily work at a high end bar, catering to business clients and companies.

It took me 4 months after graduating to find it

I'd rather join the military and take a job in the IT field (Cyber Suerty), than work at a call center.

How old are you OP? I started at a Call Center job and worked there for a few years, switching from customer service to sales, etc. Agree with anons that sales destroys your soul, try to avoid it if you can. Customer care is pretty alright.

Anyway, it's good resume experience if you're looking for better jobs of the type.

My climbing story:

2-3 years: Shitty IT customer care Call Center job.

3 years: Tech support for Google (yep, thanks to that shitty previous experience).

Current: Account Manager for major Digital Marketing company, making major bucks with zero digital marketing/university studies.

Its possible user, just make sure to learn as much as you can from every job experience and always have a positive/constructive attitude. Work hard even if its a shitty job and people will notice, you'll start climbing. It just takes a few years is all.

it's the only one i can find at the moment and there's a lot of call center currently hiring in my area
and im not qualified in IT related jobs
i tried once the interview didnt went so well
(long story short i got into shitty community college and i slacked off)

there's one work abroad i found
industrial jobs in japan
but i dont know if i can do it (welding,etc)
there's training though and im currently looking into it

im 20
that's what im planning
maybe work for 1-3 years then gtfo
to have at least one thing i can put in my resume cause i dont have any experience in anything

How about a job in retail, supermarket or in a burger joint? those are way better than a call center

i-it's that bad??

You're not gonna take our advice anyway and you're going to take the job in the call centrer.

So why not ask other anons, about how bad it actually is. Accustom yourself to the hell

I guess it depends. Where I'm from those jobs can be stepping stones to a fine career and while a job in fast food is not the most respected job, the actual workplaces are great. Also, you won't hate yourself by working there.

But as some other user said, maybe one year in a call center is what you need to get going.

Guess I am lucky. I got a job offer of $60,000 month after getting out of school. First interview too.

Been there, done that: If you don't mind working on fridays nor intend to be there for more than 3~6 months, its pretty bearable. You could use the money to invest in something else, so maybe it can be a good call.

it's pretty fucking bad

you'll have people yelling at you from time to time

you'll have plenty of stupid people on call, not knowing their bill status, their ID numbers, not able to deal with the basic technical tasks

worse off, it's 90% repetitive shit; call, after call, after call, same shit different day

your voice will probably give at one point because talking for 8 hours is fucking exhausting

it's a mess of a job

Thanks for sharing, that has helped my life in such a great way

Get experience. Went 8 month to shitty call center. Now IT at a Major Corp. Go there, work hard, get mad, and search for something better.

thats what youll be making a month?
that sucks ass.
Might as well work any other shit minimum wage job

he didn't say which country he's from

there are countries where that kind of money is quite okay

thanks for the advice senpais
i really need to think about this

I am an IT guy for a call center I make about 75k a year. IT jobs are hard to come by nowadays. Who ever talked you into the IT field was an idiot.

400-500 a month? That isn't a call center, it's a sweatshop

This guy is right. You can keep looking for a job while you work a shit job. But any income and experience is better than nothing

I think he is pulling us into his lies. I work for a call center if you (work) come every day most places have incentives that pay out big bucks hell this one kid last year where i work made what i did as the IT guy for the whole site!

take the job and keep looking for a new one

How do they say the proof is in the podding?