If humans were to finally achieve interstellar travel, colonize other planets and maybe meet another race of beings...

If humans were to finally achieve interstellar travel, colonize other planets and maybe meet another race of beings, what should people from Earth call ourselves. Sure, human would be fine for the species as a whole regardless of what planet they come from.
In media, Earthling, is the most used but I don't care for it. It sounds dimunitive. Earthican as Futurama uses probably wouldn't be very popular.
I propose we use the term, Terran. It has a nice ring to it.

what about not calling ouselves something in english, you stoopid nigger.
> terrestre
objectively the best term for an earth dweller.

also that flag should have at least 197 bars

That flag has too few hammers and sickles and suspiciously a lot of stripes.

Globalists

Do you think we could ever win a war with outsiders with how divided the world is now or do you think the prospect of a new species would be enough to unite us?

Terran obviously.

Earthling sounds wrong somehow.

Whites will be Milkey Wayans.
Blacks with be Solarians.
Asians will be Loonies.

we only use Terráqueo, which is Terran, I guess.

Who Milkey White here? Aliens aren't milkey white.

Well, Terran is derived from Latin, so..
That is something that, if extra-terrestrials do exist, those in charge apparently think would fracture humans and send us into chaos. With Earth-centric religions prevailing, I think they are correct.
Earthling sounds like we're smallish beings incapable of the atrocities that are committed daily.
Human is enough of an all encompasing term. Don't forget that in this hypothesis, humans would be born of other planets as well. If on Mars, Martian is well established. Although, nice try at the funny.

I gotta ask, why Loonies?

Anyone up to making a Terran flag? The UN flag seems like it'd be pretty close but they're a conglomerate of fuckwits.

Wait, I think I get it.
Perhaps, Loonese?
Since China claims most of the Asian territories, what about Chinkers?

>With Earth-centric religions prevailing, I think they are correct.
I would like to expand upon this because it is an interesting thought and one that has probably been thought through over and over by any gov't that has anything to do with space exploration.

It is possible that those same people that would find extra-terrestrial life as absurd due to religion might also find a hostile race as some sort of test in faith and strength. It might be the one thing that would bring them together to fight for God's Earth. However, mankind is arrogant enough that one side believes it is the means to their salvation that they sabotage the whole thing and brings ruin to the entire human race. Don't forget the first rule of life; humans are stupid.

You've got a point.

Humans are better at adapting than any other species. We'll rationalize any alien outsiders as being angels or something because a concept like that would be easier to accept in people's minds then real extraterrestrials.

It'll only be the government that catches on.

If only the USSR had stopped dicking around with the USA in the arms race and instead dick around in the space race, maybe.

>Earthican
disgusting
>Well, Terran is derived from Latin, so..
more reasons to use a romance language, a big one like Spanish for example
>Terráqueo
>Terrestree
>Terrícola
also im pretty sure every romance language already calls Earth "Tierra", "Terra" or similar

faggots

>inb4 a britbong posts a cuckstamped flag

Finnish language doesn't even have a word for earthling :D

As if murricans wouldn't just substitute those for terracotta. We shingles now.

As foreseen, Sup Forums has made it's way here, but I cannot readily disagree.

We should call ourselves Prathvians, from Sanskrit pṛthvyāḥ, meaning "of the Earth". Sanskrit is objectively the best language.

Dirtling

> terrestre
Yeah I want this me too

are we forgetting something?

future doesn't look bright i'm afraid

ever see that movie Elysium? that's earth's future but without the space paradise

fuckwit

>terran
>teran
>Turan

Nice try, Mehmet.

you do know that dead languages are dead for a reason, right?

Nice try, Ismael. Latin, not Jewin.

Sanskrit is not dead

Would finding other species end all racism between humans?

Fuck no.

Can I go to your country and have children there? Would I be required to learn Islam?

Earther ? Ärder ?

jordboere

terroni

jordgubbar

>Can I go to your country and have children there?
No.
>Would I be required to learn Islam?
Yes.

Allahu akbar

more importantly, what would Sup Forums stand for?

As others have said, I really do think that terran sounds best -- both for reasons of aural aesthetics and because its root is Latin.

"Human" would start to lose meaning once off-planet colonies are established. Perhaps scientifically, each branch of humans would eventually have a different Latin name as a result of different species branching off or undergoing genetic alteration.

Why does it have to be Latin?

someone give this man the All Tomorrows pdf

Sup Forumserstellar

We wuz romans an shiet

Terranoide/terranoid.

Earthing, it doesn't sound diminutive. Earthican sounds like a joke, it's retarded. Terran is great honestly, we should go with it.

>Terran
Nuclear launch detected

Earthnoid.

Earthling sounds fine to me

Libertines
Freedonians

I think it might, actually. As long as we had another alien race to look down on. It would take more effort to be racist against skin color when you could be racist against shape or metabolism or if they had skin at all.

Look at it this way: 1000 years ago you probably lived in a tiny village, and you would probably be prejudiced against the people from the village one valley over, because that was just about the extent of the known world. They were the only sort of folk that could be considered strange, since they were the only other folk period. It's hard to hate niggers and chinks when you couldn't even imagine them existing.

Now, with the world so interconnected that you can get anywhere in 24 hours, it would be kind of hard to hate the people one town over. You guys have nearly everything in common compared to someone from the other side of your country, much less someone from another continent. You're both white, speak the same language, went to the same high school, have the same education and income levels and have the same congressman. There are people waaay more different than your neighbor, and that makes it harder to hate.

TL;DR I think there would still be prejudice against people, but I think we would save most of it for the ayyyliens

>terroni
Might as well call ourselves niggers then

Jews.

>ywn go all-in off a 3-base 2-2 multipronged timing attack
>ywn stim as you dive out of a dropship into the enemies mineral lines
>ywn butcher his workers in a drug-induced psychosis while getting healed through the effects of your drug use
>ywn leap back into the dropship as reinforcements arrive to a decimated mineral line
>ywn come down off the stimpacks laughing as the aliens chase your escaping ship in impotent rage
>ywn be a Terran Marine
>ywn be a Terran

"Maalainen" is pretty close, but also means a farmer/rural occupant.

I'm so sorry you guys had to see this we are not all like this I swear

amplified desu.

this or Terran

no one wants to hear your stupid jungle monkey language

Yeah that's what I thought.

As a indian, it is.

>tfw you will never play your older cousin's Starcraft when waiting for your dad to set up your white Xbox 360 on Christmas again

we solarians now

>You're both white

PROVINCIA REBELDE

Fuck you.

>Libertines

Salò / Sodom / de Sade out pls

Terrestres/Terrans
Earth is a shit name for our planet. Terra is superior.